PDA

View Full Version : McNERC development

Numpo-Nigit
24th Aug 2001, 19:49
I'm probably "behind the game" but I heard today that NATS has re-opened the bidding process for the software, etc, to run at McNERC. Lockheed-Martin, who gained the original contract (or so we thought), are expected to enter the process again.

Anybody have more details as to what, why, when, etc???

Ringa-Bel?
24th Aug 2001, 21:33
Apparently NATS is going to, or has already, cancelled the contract for the NSC system. Probably due to the NOT so incredibly sucessful system at NERC. Hence the tender for the contract has been reopenned.

Great Unmanaged
24th Aug 2001, 23:53
I am taking 5:1 on Raytheon 250:1 Lockheed. Current circulating rumour in "tels" land. Any takers? :D :D

Avoiding Action
26th Aug 2001, 00:36
"McNERC" - does that come with fries and a soft drink then? :D :D :D

no sig
26th Aug 2001, 22:00
Oceanic aside, surely the same software and designs that NERC has would translate to Scottish. Would it not be re-inventing the wheel?

Steep Approach
27th Aug 2001, 00:06
McNerc Why not pay an extra £600M and "Go Large"!

;)

Take up the Hold
27th Aug 2001, 00:07
Scottish seemingly does not need all the sophisticated ATC tools that NERC has as it still has the ability to grow by the old trusted method of resectorisation. So they will still have paper strips, round radar ( for a while yet) and tin cans with bits of string. The 21st century is coming.

G:RUFF
28th Aug 2001, 23:52
Nobody in the world would want their own version of NERC, let alone Scatcc. Nerc is only working because we are forcing it through and ignoring the problems!! If you dont believe me see how many other units (France, Germany etc) take it up in the not to distant future. We are carrying on with NERC because of the cost already and the politics, not because it works.