PDA

View Full Version : Near Miss - Again

Goldfish Watcher
23rd Oct 2000, 13:09
I wonder why CH4 decided to show this documentary again, and at this time.....

Someone preparing Joe Public for a period of media focus on ATC?

It still makes me cringe watching those septic tanks dramatise the job!!

Bright-Ling
23rd Oct 2000, 15:55
...perhaps a way to deal with the problems such as 'violators' in the final approach at three miles is to file against them if there is such a beast in the US.

Also, perhaps giving departure slots might prevent 25-30 aircraft waiting at the hold!

Is there ATC/airport actually MANAGED??!!??

Aren't those spams so full of themself.

Makes NATS look like a top employer!

niteflite01
26th Oct 2000, 00:10
What on Earth do you mean - NATS are a top employer - aren't they? :)

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

low flyer
26th Oct 2000, 11:35
Well perhaps they were drama queens, but they gave a wee reminder to those of us on the other end of the radio that you guys are not necessarily doing it just to piss us off.

How the heck do they ever get anyone to do it? They couldn't pay me enough to sit in a dark radar room peering at dots on a screen. If the guys on the programme were hamming it up, what's it really like? How do you cope with it?

As for Americans, if they don't have restricted airspace round three of thre busiest airports in the world, what hope is there of them getting organised enough to introduce slots? If the constitution guarantees them the inalienable right to fly where the please, presumably they can decide to arrive and depart when they please as well. Funny country. :)