PDA

View Full Version : C152 Poh

pipergirl
25th Oct 2004, 05:47
anyone got a C152 POH that they can copy+fax 2 me...or is there an online version somewhere??

a bit of a long shot....:}

Sensible
25th Oct 2004, 08:03
It is important that you have the POH which exactly corresponds with the type and model which you intend to fly. Why can't you copy the handbook of the one that you will be flying? -It does have one doesn't it? That is a requirement!

pipergirl
25th Oct 2004, 09:08
er...yes it is important to me that I have a copy of the handbook corresponding to the a/c that i will be flying...i'd hardly use a handbook for a 737 for a C152...now would I?

I am heading out to the states in a fortnight to revalidate my PPL and do some hour building and haven't flown on this particualr a/c in quite a while, so I would like to go over a few things before i get there to save a bit of time. A bit of forward planning.

As for the handbook on the a/c in question, I'm sure it does have one onboard, but I never asked that-infact I don't see what relevance your reply has to the question I asked.

stiknruda
25th Oct 2004, 11:39
Pipergirl,

I fear that whilst trying to be helpful, Sensible has become Pedantic, then Obnoxious:)

What he was trying to say was that not all C152s are the same. There are different models and that each variant has its own POH. (I'm not sure that the differences are that great, however!)

I can't help further as I don't have a handbook for any model.

Enjoy yr trip to the States.

Stik

On Track
25th Oct 2004, 20:48
I have a POH for a 1982 model 152 (dated 20 April 1981, with certain pages updated since then).

I'm not really in a position to fax a copy, but if you have any specific questions I might be able to find the answers for you.

Send me a PM.

MikeJeff
26th Oct 2004, 12:00
But of course pipergirl you realise a POH is valid for once aircraft alone. Not one type or class or model, one single aeroplane!

pipergirl
27th Oct 2004, 06:40
yes i do realise that...

S-Works
27th Oct 2004, 08:04
Blimey why are you lot giving Pipergirl such a hard time. It is a perfectly reasonable question! Sometimes people on here really are "holier than thou"!!!

I have several POH for our 152's and there are miniscule differences in them, generally refering to avfionics fits.

She is being wise to gen up on an aircraft that she has not flown in a awhile and pretty much any POH will give the background info she needs. They fly at around the same speed, rotate at the same speeds and climb at the same speeds.

AFE also do a pretty good pilots guide for the 152 (among many) and that will give the generic POH info she needs.

ISBN 1 874783 30 6

MikeJeff
27th Oct 2004, 11:04
Bet you wouldn't be so keen to defend if it was piper boy eh bose!! :p

S-Works
27th Oct 2004, 12:39
Always keen to help the downtrodden masses
:O

Besides which are you saying I am a lesbian?

Monocock
27th Oct 2004, 13:34
Over to you Mike!:O

MikeJeff
27th Oct 2004, 13:47
Taxi......................

:D

Gay or straight, you women always stick together and gang up on us guys!

pipergirl
27th Oct 2004, 17:41
LOL @Bose-x

Feeling a little insecure there Mike?....

anyway onto my next question.....

anyone got a copy of "Fly Fishing" by JR Hartley?
I'll probably get a better response for that one....

Sunfish
28th Oct 2004, 01:41
just remember to put a hankie over the stall warning port before you suck on it....to avoid unplanned ingestion of wasps and spiders.

Also, there are two types of electric flap switch and indicator arrangments - BOTH can become unreliable. The spring loaded one can fail and keep raising flaps leaving you with too little. The one with the little indicator alongside can stick, leaving you with too much flap. This is on a C150.

I think the 152 flaps only go to 30 degrees so the "stuck down" issue is not such a problem - you can climb with it.

smarthawke
28th Oct 2004, 07:51
Just to add to Sunfish and others posts:

The spring loaded flap switch anolamy isn't actually a failure.

The earlier (majority) C150s had the the 'up and down' flap toggle switch and is actually designed to be spring loaded back to the 'neutral' position when selecting down (flaps travel down only when pressing down on the switch) and remain in the 'up' position when pressed 'up'. I presume the idea is that during a go-around you hit the switch once and the flaps retract in one go leaving you to handle the aeroplane.

The 150M and 152s used the 'pre-select' variant where the flaps travel to the position you have moved the selector to (max of 40 degrees on all the 150s and 30 degrees on the 152s).

Pipergirl

The amount of pages in a 152 POH would render it unfaxable or even copiable in reality. As others have said you may be able to borrow one to look at before you go to the states from a club/owner.

French built 152s (F152/FA152) have some of the info in metric, great for the weight and balance calcs!

The POH forms part of the Certificate of Airworthiness and as such there is only one per aircraft (copies may be made sometimes). Supplements appear in them which may be type related (UK CAA performance write down for the C152 for instance) or refer to a particular aircraft (again, perhaps a performance write down or clearance for parachuting). Other supplements may be to do with avionics equipment, different engine spec etc produced by the aircraft manufacturer.

As bose-x mentioned, Airplan Flight Equipment (Manchester and at Kidlington) produce and excellent pilots guide with most of the info you will need.

As for fly fishing, sorry, don't know a thing about it...!

Atlas Shrugged
29th Oct 2004, 01:05
Pipergirl,

Try here:

http://esscoaircraft.powerfulhosting.com/level.itml/icOid/2

and here:

http://www.flyfish.com

Everyone else, keep up the blue it's just starting to get interesting :ok:

AS

pipergirl
31st Oct 2004, 12:24
lucckily enough, I've managed 2 find a copy of the AFE version...thanks 4 all the replies:}