PDA

View Full Version : The C.A.T.S. whiskers ? Or ...

FullyFlapped
22nd Oct 2004, 12:56
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone has used C.A.T.S. for any sort of in-house or distance learning training ? If so, does anyone have any good/bad comments they'd like to share either on here or via PM please ?

Cheers,

FF :ok:

maggioneato
22nd Oct 2004, 18:41
The only C.A.T.S. I know of is LPL based. Is that the one you mean?

greeners
23rd Oct 2004, 08:53
If these are the guys at Cranfield run by Stuart Smith, then I'd recommend them pretty highly. The current operation rose from the ashes of Four Forces (which went into liquidation a few years ago) and now have good materials for the CPL and ATPL exams - I haven't seen their IR or PPL materials at all. The brush-up groundschool before the exams is particularly good.

Evil J
23rd Oct 2004, 17:00
If its the CATS I know its a chap based near Heathrow. I should state at the outset that he is a personal friend of mine but hope that won't mean you discount my opinion. I have no business or financial connection with him whatsoever.

Apart from being thoroughly knowledgable and professionally involved in aviation training he is an extremely keen and active GA pilot who trains PPL groundschool as much to benefit the aviation community and raise standards as for any financial reward. He can provide bespoke 1 to 1 tuition if required in all PPl subjects (as well as IMC and some others) in a very relaxed and friendly manner- and not only will he train you to the CAA exam standards he will ensure that you are prepared for the task you are undertaking ie you know enough to fly yourself and others safely.

Anyway, thats enough gushing - give him a ring and have a chat if your thinking about it- you won't regret iot or be disappointed.

FullyFlapped
24th Oct 2004, 13:29
Sorry, should have been clearer.

CATS = Cranfield Aviation Training School (at Cranfield A/P), and in particular I'm referring to their distance learning for JAA IR.

Thanks all

FF :ok: