PDA

View Full Version : Poor Radio Quality

PPRuNe Radar
9th Jul 2000, 16:40
There has been a thread on Rumours & News about the poor quality of RT transmissions from (in particular)BA146 aircraft.

Part of the problem is due to the equipment components and their compatability, a fact acknowledged by BAe. However operators are not particularly quick to rectify faults merely on the say so of their pilots. It costs money remember !!

One suggestion is that ATC could provide extra leverage by filing reports on poor RT quality, so providing operators with little choice but to take action to rectify the faults. This does not have to be a 1261 (MOR), but the RT Ground Fault Report form would be a suitable vehicle...sorry can't remember the form number ;)

So if you are p*ssed off with poor quality RT transmissions from regular offenders, then do something about it and fill in the form. Otherwise, suffer in slilence and listen very very carefully to readbacks from these guys !!

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

Not Long Now
10th Jul 2000, 01:06
Don't think it's 146's in general, but nearly every JEA I speak to really does sound as if the cockpit window is open, or the microphone is placed in seat 34b, and wrapped in cotton wool. I know there was a memo about it at work, but no idea if anything will ever get done.

cleared2land 27left
11th Jul 2000, 17:51
SAS MD80 and MD90 are bad too.

Echo Oscar
14th Jul 2000, 23:25
Similarly from 'the other side', I do notice a difference in the quality of the transmissions received from military and civil Air Traffic Services. Any comments??