View Full Version : So.... PPP or not ???

Numpo-Nigit
1st Jul 2001, 14:39
Well, it is now the 1st of July. That is the current date that PPP should have come to fruition, according to the latest rumours. Has anybody heard anything?

Could those other rumours be true? The Airline Group have discovered the truth about NERC/staffing/the rest, and have decided to have nothing to do with such a shambolic NATS. After all, unless somebody "pulls the plug" now on NERC, next January will see unbelievable chaos and delays - a veritable "Railtrack of the Skies". It is in the interests of both the Airline Group and the Government not to get into such a mess. For the airlines it would be seen to be "their own fault as they're in charge", and for the Government it would be seen as "chickens coming home to roost".

Two Jags got his legislation through, and was rewarded by a "promotion". I think Tony would now love to "let a sleeping NATS lie", and then cause a few heads to roll early next year when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Any thoughts?

niteflite01
1st Jul 2001, 14:55
We had it from the "horses mouth" last week at MACC.

Total completion date is now going to be "roughly" the end of July.

The delay is apparently due to "administrative matters" only - the main bulk of the deal is done and dusted, so to speak.

I'm sure if the AG were going to pull the plug they still wouldn't be on the road with these roadshow type things? And surely they wouldn't knowingly mislead us or feed us lies or propaganda? Especially not as this late late stage?

Would they?

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

slurp
1st Jul 2001, 16:09
there was a letter on the 'desk' last week stating that PPP would take place in the next 2-3 weeks...and if i am correct the number one thing on AG's agenda is the opening of NERC in Jan 2002....sure there will be delays ..there will be delays in any case...NERC ain't going away...!!!

Numpo-Nigit
6th Jul 2001, 18:23
I see, in an extract from Hansard, that our friend Gwynneth Dunwoody asked the same question in the House. The reply she received was not very illuminating either. Apparently PPP will occur subject to certain conditions being achieved. However, what those conditions are, who made the conditions, and what timescale is envisaged for completing the process, were not mentioned.

Thanks for asking anyway Gwynneth