PDA

View Full Version : Pax service Tax on Saff Tkt

The Big Easy
20th Oct 2004, 21:31
Any commuters out there? Both BA and BMI have added a Passenger service tax of approx £15.00 per ticket. Which effectively increases the cost of my staff tickets by 30%. Any idea why? Any way around this?

TBE.

Old Smokey
21st Oct 2004, 09:27
If the Passenger Service Tax that you speak of is truly a Tax, then it is a government impost, which your employer is legally bound to collect. The same goes for just about any airline that I know of, where even free tickets are subject to Airport tax, travel tax etc. Crew positioning ON DUTY in our own aircraft must enter the aircraft in uniform to avoid the various taxes, a quick change on board follows.

If however, the word "Tax" is just an airline pseudonym for Passenger Service Charge, then it's another matter, an industrial one.

lexxity
25th Oct 2004, 16:09
Both BA and BMI have added a Passenger service tax of approx £15.00 per ticket. Which effectively increases the cost of my staff tickets by 30%. Any idea why? Any way around this?

Not so, BA have added an extra tax known as UB tax which nearly every other carrier absorbs it on behalf of the staff member.

UB tax varies depending on the airport you are departing from (about £8.20 for MAN) as it is actually levied by them. BA are being ridiculously (sp) strict about it and will refer you back to your own company ticket desk to pay it before accepting you, I have seen this a lot since it came in.
I haven't seen anything to say BD charge it now.