PDA

View Full Version : SRA's @ LGW

one.dot.low
27th Jun 2000, 14:39
I've been blatting in and out of LGW on the northerly runway, at ungodly hours for a while now.

Just wanted to thank you guys and girls for a stirling job on the SRA's, as sometimes I don't get time before smacking the tarmac (usually too tired to flare!)

Just out of interest, does it p*ss you off if we continue with it when we're visual? I've been tending to delay cancelling the service, "just in case......" Or are you locked in a dark room somewhere with no idea that the airport is standing out like a mummy elephants mammories?

Anyway, thank again, it's nice to know you're there!!

ODL

Lew Ton
27th Jun 2000, 23:29
I'm not from Gatwick but when doing an SRA I'd appreciate it if the runway is called in sight whenever, Then we can concentrate on the next one. The only exception is if we are doing one for practice (and then I need all the practice I can get. . . . :) )

Of course, there are 'us men' who remember half mile SRAs. . . . (and some that remember PARs!!)

Cornish Jack
28th Jun 2000, 15:45
As a one-time 'us men' :), please can you reassure me that the the SRA range marks are no longer added manually in chinagraph?

Warped Factor
28th Jun 2000, 18:38
one.dot.low., as an occasional SRA giver at Gatwick I'm pleased you find them reasonably accurate :)

I'd prefer you let us know when you are able to continue visually as, has been mentioned, it lets us concentrate on the next one. If you hear other aircraft on the freq being lined up for their go, as soon as you can safely carry on without the SRA please do so and tell us. Also, at that time of night we're as knackered as you are http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

We're unfortunately locked in a brightly lit room about 30miles from Gatwick so they'd have to be jolly big mammories to get our attention..... ;)

Cornish Jack, in TC at LATCC the range marks are on the radar video map.

WF.

OrsonCart
29th Jun 2000, 22:13
My SRA's are excellent, if you break cloud and see an airport you are lucky.

Tell us you are visual but wish to continue for crew familiarisation. Workload is massive for the poor old ATCO, I need all the help I can get.

------------------