PDA

View Full Version : Airline Discounts for ATCs

Adamastor
23rd Jun 2000, 03:53
Just wondering which country's Air Trafficers get discounts with which airlines? Any freebies? ID flights? Do you have to join a travel club? Give me the works! Cheers in advance.

mutt
23rd Jun 2000, 13:45
Have u checked out www.touchdown.co.uk (http://www.touchdown.co.uk)

I believe that the discounts also apply to ATCO's.

Mutt

10W
24th Jun 2000, 14:13
The UK travel club, UKATTS, is great.

Try their site for details.

http://www.ukatts.org.uk/

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Goldfish Watcher
24th Jun 2000, 16:20
Also good rates with hotels, car hire etc.
Not a bad job this, is it?

CharlesDavid
27th Jun 2000, 01:43
Europcar give a good discount to all airport employees.

dawgweed
27th Jun 2000, 04:50
Are any of these deals available to foreign ATCs? In Canada we get "SFA".

Adamastor
27th Jun 2000, 10:02
Thanks guys - much appreciated. Unfortunately I can't get into the UKATTS site since I'm not a member (and none of the non-member links seem to work). I wouldn't dream of asking any of you to give up your passwords (although you can e-mail me if you would like to :)), but could one of you give me some contact details for UKATTS so I can figure out a way to at least access the offers? An e-mail address would be perfect. Truth is, I'm trying to get a few more offers for ATCs Down Under, and precedent is a magical thing, so I need to know what everyone else gets! Cheers.

UK DAN
27th Jun 2000, 16:06
UKATTS is set up specifically for uk atcos.Even when you retire you lose the concessions.
ps The national carrier of "down under" has always refused to offer any sort of deal to ukatts. Maybe you should start closer to home!!

Adamastor
27th Jun 2000, 16:28
In the words of a fairly attractive young singer of the moment "Ooops, I did it again." I've read back through my posts and noticed I'm not making myself entirely clear.

I'm not trying to use the deals available to UKATTS members, I just want to see what they get, so as to use the information as a springboard for negotiations with those and other airlines. Seems to me that Touchdown is a fairly good service - anyone out there used it?

As you mentioned UK DAN, the big red tails have consistently snubbed ATCs (but freight forwarders, caterers, cleaners and assorted others, hey, come on down!!! :mad: ), and I don't see any change in that policy for some time yet. Others may be more responsive however.

[This message has been edited by Adamastor (edited 27 June 2000).]

halo
27th Jun 2000, 22:05
I've just used Touchdown for a holiday and it is a fantastic service. We booked to go to Orlando, Florida for 11 days and we got the flight and hotel, and the hire car (using Hire For Lower) all at discounted rates. AND, we didn't get hit with any hidden costs (unlike some holidays) The flights include all the taxes and stuff, and the hire car included all the Insurance, CDW, state taxes, etc.
Well worth a look!!! I've been really impressed by it!!

UK DAN
27th Jun 2000, 22:18
Adamastor, let me send an email to the guy who set up ukatts with your address and leave it to him to disclose his contacts if he wishes.Many of the deals are standby and you have to be careful when planning trips.I've just paid £100 to travel Iberia to southern Spain- not that cheap considering that,s an ID90. Anyway hope it all goes well.

Adamastor
28th Jun 2000, 01:25
Much appreciated, UK DAN. Cheers.