PDA

View Full Version : Licence requirements - HELP

Goldfinger
18th Oct 2004, 15:02
I've recently qualified upon a turbo-prop and hence carried out an LST on a multi crew aircraft this summer (2004). Not yet employed nor flying the type just yet.

My multi piston/Instrument rating is due for renewal in November and my question is how does this affect my overall Instruement Rating.

Is my IR now covered completely by the multi crew aircraft type licence.

Or is it just the MPA part which could theoretically lapse in november. Which if i don't renew will not affect the Multi Crew/IR ?

Any thoughts :suspect:

Lee-a-Roady Moor
18th Oct 2004, 16:26
As far as I'm aware, your multi engine piston rating is only valid for use on single pilot (but multi and single engine) aircraft.

Your turbo prop instrument rating is valid on multi-crew a/c, and does not cover you to fly IR on a single pilot a/c.

smithgd
18th Oct 2004, 16:40
Just remember that Single Pilot Aircraft rating and Multi Pilot Aircraft Rating are different. If your IR is SPA then it can't be revalidated by your MPA IR. The are independent. As for your MEP rating the MEP is a single pilot aircraft, therefore you can renew the MEP and SPA IR in one test. The MPA Type rating (Turbo prop) will allow you to renew your MPA IR at the same time.

I think that makes sense....?

Artificial Horizon
18th Oct 2004, 16:52
Don't be fooled, your type rating on the turbo prop has no relation to your piston ratings including your instrument rating. Your multi and single piston IR will lapse on the original date. You now have a mutli pilot IR which is renewed with each LST, will let you fly IR on Multicrew aircraft, but has no privlidges on the Mulit or Single pistons. Sorry.......