PDA

View Full Version : Computer failure

Sick Squid
12th Jun 2000, 03:01
If any of the LGW controllers who worked through the failure on Friday are reading this, I have to say "Well done!" to you all. Very professional attitude, reinforces my belief that the London guys are the best, particularly under changing and difficult situations.

Sense of humour maintained throughout, even during relentless requests (yes, I did too, sorry) for position in queue.

How long did it take to sort out the backlog?

Squid

------------------
Disappears in a cloud of black ink...

IGG
12th Jun 2000, 15:05
I completly agree, well done, You Gatwick guys & girls are the best.

It was a fun day, wasn't it!!

cleared2land 27left
12th Jun 2000, 18:18
How about at LL? chaos!

Self Loading Freight
17th Jun 2000, 15:30
And today, another chance for everyone to display grace under pressure...

R

Goldfish Watcher
17th Jun 2000, 19:50
Spare a thought for everyone at LATCC!

Numpo-Nigit
18th Jun 2000, 02:40
See, also, the thread under "Rumours and News" called "Heathrow in a tizz...."

tunneler
18th Jun 2000, 14:32
Could any of u guys shed any light on any possible delays at NCL tommorow???

cheers

Findo
20th Jun 2000, 02:44
The "London" guys on the ground had the advantage of being able to stop traffic on the ground. Good on them for coping.

Those of us at area units did not have that luxury. Many of us were not even in southern England - but we all coped to the same standard.

Self Loading Freight
20th Jun 2000, 13:10
I was at a friend's on Saturday afternoon, and we bunged his scanner onto LHR's frequencies. Eerily quiet on some frequencies, not so on the tower's! With a couple of exceptions it all sounded very professional, though the frustration did bubble over from time to time. "Oh, do what you want and tell me when you've done it"...

But. The system's failed twice now in fairly short order, and it was noticable in the House of Commons discussion that the minister carefully avoided saying whether it would happen again. Has the source of the problem been found yet? What's going to happen next year when there's another 7% (or whatever) increase in traffic? And what on earth *is* happening to the new system -- is it ever going to work?

R

cleared2land 27left
22nd Jun 2000, 13:33
Do you not have faith in the NATS empire and the new en-route centre

Shame on you