PDA

View Full Version : NAS Wind Back Problems

hermeias
11th Oct 2004, 03:17
It appears that CASA has told the Minister that the NAS wind back education material is both misleading and too late. It also appears that AA had no intention of complying with the Minster’s approach radar directive for Class C – they were counting on Ferguson getting in and reversing the directive.

The wind back message is obviously not getting out as most believe it won’t happen – which in itself is creating a safety problem. I understand that only three instructors turned up at the instructor wind back forum in Sydney when over 100 were expected – very embarrassing for Airservices.

Does anyone know what is happening?

hermeias

gaunty
11th Oct 2004, 04:48
It appears that CASA has told the Minister that the NAS wind back education material is both misleading and too late.

Why don't you ask your mates on the AOPA board, they are supposed to be really tight with them.

It also appears that AA had no intention of complying with the Minster’s approach radar directive for Class C – they were counting on Ferguson getting in and reversing the directive. and I resigned my job last month because I was supposed to win the big lotto :rolleyes:

Dehavillanddriver
11th Oct 2004, 06:46
I heard the exact opposite.

I was told that the radar was going ahead, regardless of who won the election.

I also heard that where the minister directs airservices to expend monies over and above the normal, it becomes a commonwealth funding problem not an airservices problem.

So big John has made the direction, he pays!

DirtyPierre
11th Oct 2004, 07:36
The election result was never going to change the NAS enhancement (still not a rollback guys). AsA is still proceeding with it up til I was last on shift (yesterday).

JA's direction had the caveat of when able to be complied with. So as far as AsA is concerned, it will still comply with the direction as soon as practicable. Remember it would be a large expensive project that would take years to implement.

Election result never ever was a consideration for AsA management.

CaptainMidnight
11th Oct 2004, 07:48
hermeias

Care to tell us where your information has come from? AOPA perhaps?

Both Dehavillanddriver and DirtyPierre are correct.

5miles
11th Oct 2004, 09:04
I understand that only three instructors turned up at the instructor wind back forum in Sydney when over 100 were expected – very embarrassing for Airservices.

If this is true, then why is it embarrassing for Airservices??
If the forum was reasonably well advertised, then such a turnout simply reflects the apathy amongst the targeted participants.

A few years ago Airservices facilitated a forum at Bankstown to discuss all manner of concerns raised by the local operators. In spite of direct advice to those known to have an interest in the outcomes, NOT ONE pilot/operator/resident showed up.

You can't educate those who won't make the effort to be educated..

tobzalp
11th Oct 2004, 09:05
Yeah DHD and DP have the goods.

On 30 August 2004, John Anderson issued two Directions to Airservices
Australia. One requires Airservices Australia to establish and operate radar at
a number of additional airports. The cost of the establishment of these radar is
estimated to be $150 million.
Section 16 of the Air Services Act states that costs incurred by Airservices
Australia, if greater than would otherwise have been incurred as a result of
Directions from the Minister, must be paid for by the Commonwealth.

From the Labor Aviation policy document.

karrank
11th Oct 2004, 10:45
I've heard the pilot T+E described as "incomprehensible cr@p", but it looked reasonable to me. Better than the US CTAF cr@p I saw, let alone the S2B cr@p.

"Change fatigue" seems endemic, and hardly encouraging when you consider the minute amount of the list of not-yet-scheduled that has even been attemped yet.

I saw a deluge of phone calls in the week prior to implementation last year, don't see why anybody will take this change seriously before then.I understand that only three instructors turned up at the instructor wind back forum in Sydney when over 100 were expected If all the pilots out there are raging and foaming about the 25NOV04 changes (like Dick and the AOPA Dick-ettes seem to feel) they would have used this forum as an opportunity to bite ASA people on the neck. They didn't, THEY DON'T GIVE A RAT'S @RSE THEN:p It also appears that AA had no intention of complying with the Minster’s approach radar directive for Class C The direction said "soon as possible" 25NOV is not possible goose-boy.

I Fly
11th Oct 2004, 23:26
5miles and especially karrank who wrote "If all the pilots out there are raging and foaming about the 25NOV04 changes (like Dick and the AOPA Dick-ettes seem to feel) they would have used this forum as an opportunity to bite ASA people on the neck. They didn't, THEY DON'T GIVE A RAT'S @RSE THEN "
I do give a rat's arse.
I check my e mail every day. At 10.00pm when I checked I received an e mail telling me that the Sydney meeting was on THAT DAY. I suppose I have to go to Brisbane or Melbourne to attend?
Perhaps someone is only going through the motion of advertising them. Or perhaps they only know in the morning what they do that day.
Has anyone been advised by other means?

VVS Laxman
12th Oct 2004, 01:46
http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/pilotcentre/training/nas/instructorforum.asp

Remaining forums for instructors: General pilot forums to follow...

Parafield 12th October 2004 , 1800L
Parafield Flying Club, Lockheed Lane , Parafield Airport

Hobart 12th October 2004 , 1800L
Aero Club of Southern Tasmania , Cambridge Aerodrome, Rosny Park

Jandakot 13th October 2004 , 1800L
Royal Aero Club of Western Australia , 41 Eagle Drive , Jandakot

Canberra 13th October 2004 , 1800L
Canberra Aero Club, Unit 3 Widgeon offices Walker St , Canberra Airport

Darwin 14th October 2004 , 1800L
Airport Management Centre, 1 Fenton Court , Marrara.

Maroochydore 14th October 2004 , 1800L
Maroochydore Aero Club, Maroochy Airport , Mudjimba

apache
12th Oct 2004, 02:37
Maroochydore 14th October 2004 , 1800L
Maroochydore Aero Club, Maroochy Airport , Mudjimba

last i heard, crownies were only $2.70 at the maroochy aero club.

OZBUSDRIVER
12th Oct 2004, 06:18
So we have to wait until OCT28 for mappacks and the like. I hope I am getting a 12 month extension to my AIP subscription:}

Wouldn't it be great come NOV12 it all gets scuttled:E ...again!

Mark

YCKT
12th Oct 2004, 10:51
Does ADSB meet the requirement?

Full Aust covrage and $50 Mil change over what is 'directed'

Cookie.

VVS Laxman
18th Oct 2004, 04:46
Pinched off the Airservices web site...

Albury 3 rd Nov 1830 Albury & District Aero Club, Borella Rd. Albury Airport

Coffs Harbour 3 rd Nov 1830 Coffs Harbour & District Aero Club, 15 Aviation Drive, Coffs Harbour

Gold Coast 3 rd Nov 1830 Calypso Plaza , 97 Griffith St, Coolangatta

Sydney/Bankstown 4 th Nov 1800 / 2000 Bankstown Rydges - Cnr Hume Highway & Strickland Street Bass Hill

Cairns 5 th Nov 1830 Sheridan Plaza, 295 Sheridan St, North Cairns

Rockhampton 9 th Nov 1830 Rockhampton Aero Club, Canoona Road , Rockhampton

Launceston 9 th Nov 1830 Tasmanian Aero Club, Launceston Airport, Evandale

Adelaide/Parafield 9 th Nov 1830 Hilton Adelaide 233 Victoria Square, Adelaide,

Hobart 10 th Nov 1830 Hotel Grand Chancellor 1 Davey Street Hobart

Mackay 10 th Nov 1830 Mackay Aero Club, Casey Avenue, Mackay

Darwin 10 th Nov 1830 Crowne Plaza 32 Mitchell Street Darwin

Perth/Jandakot 11 th Nov 1830 Parmelia Hilton 14 Mill Street, Perth

Brisbane 15 Nov 1830 Brisbane Marriott 515 Queen Street Brisbane

Tamworth 16 th Nov 1830 BAE Systems Flight Training Australia, Tamworth Airport

Maroochydore 17 th Nov 1830 Maroochydore Aero Club, Maroochy Airport Mudjimba

Melbourne/Moorabbin/Essendon 17 th Nov 1830 Novotel St Kilda 16 The Esplanade, St Kilda

Townsville 18 th Nov 1830 Townsville Aero Club, Discount Drive, Garbutt

Canberra 22 nd Nov 1830 2 Brindabella Circuit, Canberra Airport

Alice Springs 23 rd Nov 1830 Alice Springs Aero Club, Davis Drive, Alice Springs Airport

Thank you for that I have posted the information and stickied the link separately. Pity about the rain today and I'm sure you will find your silken touch soon. ;)

Bob Murphie
18th Oct 2004, 05:28
This is a blatant advertisement.

My opinion, as is the right of every Australian.

Woomera
18th Oct 2004, 08:48
Bob Murphie

And your point is ?

We not you will decide what is and is not acceptable on this forum.
Take or leave it, it's simple really.

triadic
18th Oct 2004, 12:59
I just wish our 'friends' in AOPA would start to act with some responsibility. It is only when they do will there be any chance of it gaining the respectibility it had ten years ago.

(There is a message there, but I don't think they see it somehow)

At a time when GA need AOPA more than any time in history it is again dominated by ego's that have achieved nothing since the last election and furthermore can't see the damage they are doing not only to AOPA but to the industry they profess to serve.

No wonder the membership is still falling!

Tragic

YCKT
19th Oct 2004, 11:09
But on this post I violently disagree with you.

There are some 'old school' types out there who have past their use by date. They try to dominate the debate and then go 'anti-AOPA' when thy don't get their (minority view) way.

Look on the AOPA web site. They have achieved heaps for a voluteer mob despite the constant niggling from the 'old detractors'