PDA

View Full Version : Embraer 145

Lil' Pilot
6th Oct 2004, 15:56
Hi guys!

I'm quite new to this site. I've been reading a bit as a guest for a while now, and have just registered. I really like this site, especially some of it's valuable threads.

Anyway, in a couple of weeks I'm starting training on the Embraer 145. I'm really excited about this of course!! But I was wondering if someone would like to share some experiences about this aircraft. To you guys who have flown this aircraft, or currently are flying this nice aircraft; how is it to fly?
I'm just curious...

Thanks in advance,

lil' p

fatboy slim
6th Oct 2004, 22:38
Depends what you've flown before Lil. I'm on the Emb145, those who came from Turboprops like its performance, altitude, speed etc. Those from heavier types notice its light and unstable nature more, and that its a bit slower than other jets eg A320, B757.

To operate on the line it's fine, serviceability is good with my company. Seat can get a bit uncomfy on a 3 hour leg, and the only toilet is at the back meaning walking through the cabin during the flight.

It is a challenge in gusty winds and crosswinds, slightly more than other A/C, due to it being light and fairly unstable in speed, especially landing at light weights. But I handfly it alot and it is good to fly, maybe a bit heavy in aileron.

Any specific questions do ask. Best of luck with your course.

Lil' Pilot
6th Oct 2004, 23:15
Thanks for your reply fatboy slim.

Well, previously I've only flown piston engine aircraft. So it's a huge step for me! It's a whole new world to me. But it seems a challenging aircraft to fly, and I really love that. I can't wait to start the course.
See you soon in the skies ;)

Lil' P

Jonnie Walker
7th Oct 2004, 07:34
Hi Lil' Pilot

Can we ask who you'll be flying for and what your previous experience is?

In reply to your other post, I came across this on the Just Planes / World Air Routes site - I know its not all ERJ 145's, but may be of some interest.

http://www.worldairroutes.com/Portugalia.html

JW

Lil' Pilot
7th Oct 2004, 11:14
I'm just a 13 in a dozen lowtimer wannabee, who got a lucky break!
Last year June, I completed my integrated Ab initio training. I left school with approx. 170 hrs. Now I'm at 180 hrs.
I'm going to fly for AirExel, a Dutch company. They operate ATR's and Erj 145's.
Thanx for that J.W. I was aware of the dvd of Portugalia, but I was looking for a dvd especially dedicated to the 145. Nevertheless it seems a very nice dvd, which I'm considering to buy. Thanx again. Well, I'm off.

Lil' P