PDA

View Full Version : On Bended Knee...

take5
22nd Mar 2001, 19:26
Is there anyone out there able to help me in obtaining a visit to a NATS unit before 25th April? I am in the deepest of Cornwall, but apart from Sumburgh and Aberdeen(!), I can get pretty much anywhere.

Thanks in anticipation

slurp
22nd Mar 2001, 19:39
telephone LATCC and ask if you can visit...see if you can speak to Mr Terry Stock...presumably you have an interview coming up?

take5
22nd Mar 2001, 22:13
Thanks.. though if I can get to a terminal unit I would rather do so, I have visited LATCC before (although several years ago)

Informed today of interviews on 25th April.

U R NumberOne
23rd Mar 2001, 01:34
Take5,

I would be more than happy to give you a tour of our place...D'oh!! It's Aberdeen - sorry about that! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

In case the matter comes up in your interview, bear in mind that HIAL provide Aerodrome services to Sumburgh with Approach Radar being done from Aberdeen, so Sumburgh isn't strictly a NATS unit anymore.

(Good luck with the interview anyway!)

passepartout
23rd Mar 2001, 04:29
would be happy to arrange a visit to Edinburgh,contact me on the E-mail and Ill set it up with our resident whizz kid

BuzzLightyear
23rd Mar 2001, 05:30
You may as well come and visit us at Ice Station Zebra (Aberdeen to its friends), you'll probably end up getting posted here anyway. Can't think of anywhere more difficult to get back to for your 2 days off than Cornwall, an ideal candidate I'd say!

monkey boy
25th Mar 2001, 01:30
Buzz. Stop pinching my ideas. Got stuck in the snow again recently? I vote Aberdeen hijacks this thread for our own fiendish purposes.

driver 8
25th Mar 2001, 13:51
MonkeyBoy... OK lets hijack the thread...

But on a serious note... UR Number One is correct in stating that Sumburgh is a HIAL unit and NATS provide the Approach radar service, however NATS also run the Engineering unit up there as the Secondary Surveillance Radar is used by Scottish Enroute centre.

Good luck with the interview

BuzzLightyear
25th Mar 2001, 17:12
It was rather apt given the weather over the past couple of weeks!!

I've not been stuck in the snow for at least a couple of years, you have to ask Data Dad for the latest information on how to do it properly! :)

You upset you haven't qualified for a certificate yet?? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------
To infinity and beyond

U R NumberOne
25th Mar 2001, 19:01
Don't worry, Monkey Boy - thanks to the Association of ATCOs Stuck in Snow (AASS), it is no longer a requirement to actually get stuck in order to be given a certificate. I was honoured to be awarded such a certificate, even if it did have "FAIL" stamped across the top!

Anyway, Buzz will soon have his hands full at the helm of Aberdeen's latest organisation - FAST - Forgot About Summer Time! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

BuzzLightyear
25th Mar 2001, 19:27
UR No1

Oooh! That hurt! At least I wasn't late in and the choppers concerned did get an exceptionally fine service! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

The only reason you got a fail was because you stayed safe and warm inside you big jessie! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif Two days wasn't it before you eventually plucked up enough courage to come out, and you with a fancy 4wd as well....just not good enough. :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

take5
26th Mar 2001, 00:29
passepartout

Very interested in your offer, but your E-mail address does not work :-(

monkey boy
26th Mar 2001, 01:16
Driver 8. Identify yourself.

Buzz. I hear you've been a rescuing hero again today. Just think, if you had got up on time, you'd have missed the opportunity to appear on the front page of the P & J (Aberdeen aviations 'favourite' paper)

airfax! hahahahahaha

[This message has been edited by monkey boy (edited 25 March 2001).]

BuzzLightyear
26th Mar 2001, 02:47
Yeah driver8, time to come out of the cupboard or at least give us a clue!

Monkey boy

I WAS up on time, the FAST was for working helis when the offshore guy was sitting there. I looked at the clock forgeting that the clocks had gone forward, it said 0750 and he had been sitting there for 50mins watching me do his work for him. Did feel a bit silly and no-one has let me forget it!

Piece of advice, don't drive to work if I'm going in for my last early of the cycle, last cycle it was a heli pilot helped from his rolled car, this cycle a BA trolley dolly from her rolled car!

------------------
To infinity and beyond

[This message has been edited by BuzzLightyear (edited 25 March 2001).]

Concrete
26th Mar 2001, 10:59
Don't worry Buzz, MonkeyBoy was having FAST problems too. Regionals are Zulu not BST, eh Watty?

I reckon Driver 8 is either ex-PB or some spotter who knows far too much about the place. Nice web page incidentally.

Good luck Take 5. Sorry for hijacking your thread, but at least everyone now knows what a happy bunch of campers we are here at Ice Station Zebra and that we obviously have far too much time on our hands.

------------------
"When not being stupid is not enough"

BuzzLightyear
26th Mar 2001, 15:01
Concrete

Thanks for the information, I'll save that for future use against the 'Boy!!

Bit of an early post for you, you on mornings or have they moved the PC up to the restroom next to your couch!!? :)

Dad you're being awfully quiet, or do you not want to get involved in such childish behaviour?

So driver8 you going to out yourself or do we have to start guessing? A Vectra driving REM fan by any chance?

------------------
To infinity and beyond

monkey boy
26th Mar 2001, 21:28
Didn't think I'd get away scot free with that one. Bugger

Odi
27th Mar 2001, 00:09
I don't know - I take a week off and everything happens. Can somebody fill me in with the details? Its about time there was an Ice Station Zebra thread - even if it was hijacked!

Concrete
27th Mar 2001, 16:18
Odi

I'm sure now you're back you realise that nothing has happened and that all the contributors here are from the Terminal Boredom end of the room. (I know you're trying to straddle the razor wire down the middle of the radar room, Buzz, but you're still one of us really). Remember Buzz, PPrune time is GMT. That post was made at 8AM, so you can guess what shift I was on.

Does Driver8 resemble an Italian footballer who used to play in the North East (of England) with a name like a certain dead non-PC comedian? Ball is in your court.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Concrete (edited 27 March 2001).]

wat tyler
27th Mar 2001, 22:29
Driver 8.

Do you drive a vectra. If you continue to deny it, we willl have to consider you to be lying still (rhyme for the hard of thinking)

I'm off now for another of my customary early goes!

BuzzLightyear
27th Mar 2001, 22:35
Concrete
See you are thinking along the same lines as me. I know it was 8am you posted mate, thats why I thought you would be found in your usual pose...horizontal on the couch having a little zizz!!!
Odi
Welcome back, hope the move went ok.

------------------
To infinity and beyond

U R NumberOne
28th Mar 2001, 02:04
Hey Concrete!

Not all of us are from that end of the room, remember! (That said, I don't forget where I started out - REBROS will always be my spiritual home! :) )

Driver 8 - put this lot out of their misery or else the Aberdeen PPRuNe outing team will be forced into full effect http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

10W
28th Mar 2001, 02:42
As I will be visting Aberdeen on the 4th, I'm sure I can out some of you ;)

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]

Concrete
28th Mar 2001, 03:16
URNo1 - I know, but you contributed before we hijacked it with a helpful, constructive contribution. Feel free to join in though. We are all in the same (sinking?) boat together.

10W - Myself, MonkeyBoy, Wat Tyler, Buzz, URNo1, Odi, DataDad and the late lamented Father Jack (may he continue to contribute from his new sandpit) all know who each other are. Driver8 WILL be outed, have no doubt. It is impossible to keep a secret here at Ice Station Zebra.
Hope you enjoy your visit. I'm sure a few of us will be working that day.

------------------

U R NumberOne
28th Mar 2001, 14:09
Hi 10W,

I'm on all afternoon on the 4th - probably see you around then. We might have even outed driver 8 by then!

monkey boy
28th Mar 2001, 14:13
On all afternoon number 1?

You want to be offshore mate!

Odi
28th Mar 2001, 14:46
Monkey Boy

That was harsh and below the belt - true though!! And as for my sector??!!

Odi

Data Dad
30th Mar 2001, 13:43
Never fear, Dad is here - albeit belatedly

Hijacking threads hey! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif childish behaviour indeed and unfitting for such esteemed professionals - but a jolly good wheeze http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Suppose it gives the inhabitants of waterworld something to do between "Roger**g" Echo Romeo :rolleyes: Oh sorry, that practice stopped some time ago :)

Buzz - last day of the cycle tomorrow - Heli Pilot to Trolley Dolley to ...... ? Maybe the sight of an ATCO out and about so early shocked them into forgetting the corners!

One things for sure..I'm diverting by an alternate route :) :)

If we are looking for members of FAST - I can nominate an Airline who forgot the clocks had gone back and arrived 1 hour before airport opened with 130 pax on board, causing much http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

Got to go and remove some more ice from the snowmobile....sorry, CAR!

A-l
30th Mar 2001, 18:13
I dunno... all you people who live so far away from work, no wonder you have trouble getting through the snow.

Anyway, as everyone else seems to have commented here I thought I'd better show my face.

How did we get from a wannabe in cornwall to discussing wx up north anyway? This thread really has been well and truly hi-jacked!

A-l

BuzzLightyear
2nd Apr 2001, 04:23
Stop press!!!

Buzz managed to make it in for his second early yesterday without having to pull anyone from a rolled car!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

10W look forward to meeting you as do all of us friendly people at PD.

------------------
To infinity and beyond

U R NumberOne
3rd Apr 2001, 17:40
Dear Driver 8,

:) GOTCHA!! :)

Signed,

B Watch PPRuNe outing team (UR, DD & BL).

(Of course our lips can remain sealed - used notes only, £20 denominations or greater ;) )

Odi
3rd Apr 2001, 18:46
B Watch Prune Outing Team,

Are you going to have a formal outing so us poor people on C Watch can get to know?

Data Dad
4th Apr 2001, 03:11
ODI - depends on how many £20 pound notes are forthcoming from Driver 8 :) :) :)

BuzzLightyear
4th Apr 2001, 04:01
Odi

Priviledged info at the moment!! Although we are open to offers..... ;)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

driver 8
6th Apr 2001, 18:57
OK OK...

So I guess I'll have to find another name then... Had you going for a while though, most of you seemed to think I was BH.

D8

Father Jack
9th Apr 2001, 16:48
Greetings Hijackers!
From Ice Station Zebra to Ice Cold in Alex.
"You youngsters can get Data Dad to explain it to you."
Just a quick question, is snow the only substance required to impeed onesway to become a member of AASS? Just curious.
I'm glad to see that nothing has changed.
Regards
FJ

U R NumberOne
9th Apr 2001, 22:21
Hi there FJ - you made it then!

I'll have a word with Buzz to see if he'll amend the acronym to become "Sand" instead of "Snow" - you'll just have to find a large enough dune to wedge your motor into. ;)

"Woof-Woof"
U R NumberOne

driver 8
9th Apr 2001, 22:22
Why?

You thinking sand might cause you a problem?

D8

BuzzLightyear
11th Apr 2001, 22:50
FJ

For you mate I am sure we could set up an Overseas arm of the Association. Just remember the following:
1. I will need proof before issuing the certificate.
2. The journey should be made when it would be more sensible to stay safe indoors.
3. You must ensure that the weather conditions are such that you are unlikely to complete the journey after setting off.
4. For extra kudos the journey should be for a completely pointless reason.
5. Ideally you should be stuck for a period in excess of 6hrs, within spitting distance of home, in the company of a trucker. (That right Dad? ;))

Of course I will deal with each individual case on it's merits and award accordingly. But don't be surprised if you fail to gain membership to this elite band of intrepid ATCO's, but given your track record of getting lost when you had both map and compass, I feel a pass at least coming on! :)

How you managing to cope, I hear the beer is very expensive!!! :) :) :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Mister Geezer
13th Apr 2001, 00:11
Ah ha. Thanks to Buzzlightyear for guiding me to this hidden thread set up by you ATCO bods at PD!

Well since I am not an ATCO I won't say very much and make a fool of myself however it is good to know that many of the voices at the other end of the R/T are also PPRuNers! My days of harassing you guys in little cessnas will be ending in a few weeks so if you receive a request for a C152 wanting to fly a few 'aerobatic procedures', then you know it will probably be me enjoying my last flight up north before I go and learn how to fly for a living!

All the best!

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

BuzzLightyear
13th Apr 2001, 03:37
Wahay!!!!

The big Four Oh, never thought we'd manage to get it up to this many posts...will we make it to 50?

Keep on hijacking :) :) :) :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Father Jack
14th Apr 2001, 15:08
Just doing my bit.
Buzz, as to the merits I think that it'll be possible to meet the requirements.
1. PROOF
Will a photograph or testimony from an independent person do?
2."More sensible to stay indoors"
You should see the driving here, IT'S ALWAYS MORE SENSIBLE TO STAY INDOORS.
3."WX conditions......unlikely to complete the journey."
WX is pretty much a constant, however as to liklihood of completing the journey, I refer you to my answer to 2. above.
4."Journey for pointless reason."
Going to work?
5."company of a trucker"
Nah, you're alright, I didn't want the award anyway.

Keep the abuse flowing.
Regards from the sandpit.
FJ

"DRINK!"

BuzzLightyear
16th Apr 2001, 01:55
FJ

1.Sure will. Especially photographic evidence, it'd give us all something to have a chortle about.
2.Point taken, you qualify by default!
3.Alright no need to brag about the hot sunny wx!
4.That'll do nicely sir, or should that be "Sor"?
5.Merely an option, would accept a tribe of Bedouin tribesmen who had only had the company of camels for a few months.

Have you sampled any of the local delicacies yet? Super size McSheepseyes and chips twice please :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Data Dad
17th Apr 2001, 18:41
Hello boys and sandmen http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif Dad is back from the sunny south having thawed out the snowmobile. :) :) :)

This thread hi-jacking malarkey is spreading http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Go to the Questions forum and look under London ATC :) :)

driver 8
17th Apr 2001, 22:25
Data dad...

Just looked at your post on the above mentioned forum and I want to know why you have the address you linked to in it? ;)

Watching the film is one thing but that site is particularly sad.....

(Well that should get the hits on the site up anyway as everyone here is probably gonna go have a look to work out what the hell I'm talking about)

Hope the south is still sunny as I'm off down on Saturday..

D8

Concrete
18th Apr 2001, 02:35
Too right Dad, that thread is most definitely ??.25 DME from the ADN.

As for sad sites D8, think sideways a little and you shall realise why a couple of us zebras ended up at http://www.zztop.com

------------------
Too fat to run, too stupid to hide.

Data Dad
18th Apr 2001, 02:54
Looks like I was premature with the thawing out of the snowmobile :)

More white stuff falling ..... "can I have the Braking Action figures please....WHY NOT!"

------------------
"I cleared you for take-off, I didnt give you squatters rights"

Odi
19th Apr 2001, 00:59
Slightly off topic, but as this thread is very definitely squawking 7500 I can't see it being a problem.

Buzz,

A mutual colleague informs me that you have problems making cups of coffee at formal events. Any truth to this rumour?

With the return to Ice Station Zebra of the white, cold stuff you missed your chance to perform heroics on your way into work! It appears this responsibility has fallen onto another person.

Data Dad
19th Apr 2001, 01:43
Buzz, guess who got to do the rollover extrication this morning :) :)

The snowmobile performed admirably on the untreated roads - must be all the practice!

------------------

BuzzLightyear
20th Apr 2001, 04:24
Odi

Yup that's right!Completely the waitresses fault old bean, she told me the pot contained coffee, stupid girl. :) Rather embarrassing when its the Boss you then hand the cup to, half filled with coffee and freshly topped up with tea!! Toffee anybody?

Dad

Try doing something original for a change! :) First you copy me getting stuck in the white stuff, now you try to emulate my super-hero acts!!! Oh dear, I can feel another association coming on! How about Association of Atcos Recovering Stupid drivErs, A.A.R.S.E.?

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Odi
20th Apr 2001, 14:18
By my reckoning this must be message 50 - how long can we go on for?

terrain safe
21st Apr 2001, 01:20
About 49 messages too long!!!

PS Message to Daniel. The best team beat Barca last night.

driver 8
21st Apr 2001, 14:44
aha.. another one....

Terrain Safe - squawk ident!

There's no hiding your identity from these people, I tried and failed....

D8

monkey boy
21st Apr 2001, 20:37
Ahh, the Boy returns...

So I see that my nickname for our esteemed workplace has been taken up in other threads.

Today a silly name,
Tomorrow the world!

Failing that, another silly name

------------------
If it aint broke, break it.

wat tyler
25th Apr 2001, 00:36
This thread can't be allowed to go the way of all the others, so here's a big thank you to whoever started this thread and let us take unlawful control of it in the first place.

And a note to all of you in the college. If you really don't fancy the Area radar course, this place isn't anywhere near as bad as some people make out.

(There's a hint there somewhere)

Father Jack
27th Apr 2001, 10:42
Monkey Boy,
YOUR "nickname for the place"
Don't get carried away with yourself!

"Youth is wasted on the young"

(How many is that now?)

"A.A.R.S.E.!" Yeah it's got a certain familiar ring to it that I'm quite comfortable with.

FJ

monkey boy
27th Apr 2001, 21:38
FJ

Nickname om PPrune anyway.

Are the Arabs dinners as big as what you're accustomed to?

terrain safe
28th Apr 2001, 00:09
Has Alex moved off the sofa yet?

Concrete
29th Apr 2001, 23:22
For your information Terrain Safe, I have just spent a week in a completely sofa-free environment. Are you AP or QF?

Watch out world, it appears I passed.

------------------
Too fat to run, too stupid to hide.

boroatco
30th Apr 2001, 18:21
Bloody Hell is that Alex able to work a computer???!!!
Hope your taking care of that flat i sold you , and there's no truth in the rumour that Nirex are contracted to dispose of your household waste

Drink Beer Smerk Tabs

monkey boy
1st May 2001, 00:50
The inexplicable lure of ISZ appears to be contagious...

Spoonbill
1st May 2001, 01:30
Well - its the 01st May in 1hr 23mins time, and Take 5 has had his interview, sailed through his training, and indeed, is now a watch supervisor at Heathrow.
See what happens when the rest of us prattle on and don't watch our backs for the youngsters?
;) ;) ;)

cavalier
1st May 2001, 20:28
boroatco
Don't like to get involved in all this PD mutual m**t**bation.
Good to see your alive, not too bored I hope.
Just remember "are you SURE thats going to work?!!"

The Jaguar Fan Club
2nd May 2001, 01:34
Well, that means it is just about time for another Ice Station Zebra inmate to make an appearance! :)

Man, it really makes your head hurt trying to work out who everyone is....not for the faint hearted! :rolleyes:

Concrete, be gentle with your new "apprentices". We are short of bods already, and there is only a limited supply of goodies in the ops room filing cabinets! :)

Back to watching paint dry.....

terrain safe
2nd May 2001, 01:53
Concrete has apprentices??????

Help us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U R NumberOne
2nd May 2001, 11:35
Have no fear Jaguar Fan Club! The brave B Watch PPRuNe outing team are always on standby to do the honours - besides my head usually hurts when I leave that building, so a bit more pain working out who you are won't matter! :)

BuzzLightyear
6th May 2001, 00:39
Boroatco

How you doing boy, picked up any Kate O'Mara lookalikes recently? :)

Terrain Safe

Alex has a reserved sign on the sofa and has been known to throw his teddy out of the cot if someone dares to sit on it. Apparently if he ever goes there will be a brass memorial plaque mounted on it! :)

JFC

We'll get you soon enough, you may as well own up now.

------------------
To infinity and beyond

BuzzLightyear
6th May 2001, 05:20
Father Jack

You still keeping up with us? Hear you have bought a machine to get stuck in the sand with! We await the pictures with anticipation!!! Your certificate is ready for collection.....if you're brave enough :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Puddleglum
6th May 2001, 22:57
Thought the other residents of PD would like to know our namesake film is on Channel 5 on Tuesday (8th) at 2100. :)

monkey boy
14th May 2001, 00:28
Even when FJ gets a set of wheels, as long as he takes his cues from the residents of his new home, and directs his faith in the right direction, he will never become a member of AASS, as no mishaps will befall him!

safetyisourtoppriority
15th May 2001, 04:19
Father Jack

It took me a few seconds, but I have just sussed out who you are!!

Like you I have Summer all year round!

Take it easy and don't let the sand get between anything delicate.

------------------
Let's keep em apart

The Jaguar Fan Club
15th May 2001, 20:36
I have today been subject to a brutal and cruel act at the hands of my colleagues at ISZ.

In the full public glare of the ops room, I was unashamedly "outed" by the B Watch PPRuNe Outing Team. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

To the individuals concened...

Buzz - beat ya to it! :)

U R Number One - Are you still in a "Dancing Mood" from last night?

NOw that my anonymity at ISZ is no longer sacred...I may as well jump on the band wagon....who's next boys???

------------------------------------
"I am Sumburgh Radar, co-ordination is futile"

BuzzLightyear
15th May 2001, 23:47
Jaguar Fan Club.......Gotcha :) :) :)

Usual donations for identity reveal!!

Cavalier and Puddleglum you will be found out.

LOL B Watch Outing Team :)

To Infinity and beyond

[This message has been edited by BuzzLightyear (edited 15 May 2001).]

Odi
16th May 2001, 13:31
Always the same, we go on our two days off only to find that there was a public outing. Next time, try and wait until we are there.

Odi

U R NumberOne
16th May 2001, 14:23
Sorry about that Odi - ask for a watch change to be closer to the outing action! I'm working with Buzz and Data Dad again this afternoon, so who will it be next????

Jag Fan Club - Outed after just two weeks and four posts...tsk,tsk my son, you didn't even put up a fight. The B Watch Outing Team have no option but to refer this case to the Association of ATCOs Rapidly Outed at Work (AAROW) for consideration. :) And if "The Phantom Appreciation Society" makes an appearance on these hallowed pages - you know where we'll look first http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Co ordination unaffected
17th May 2001, 02:13
Who is he then?

------------------
Request co-ordination, that sofa doesn't match the curtains.

TheLizard
17th May 2001, 03:27
An apprentice of Concrete... not many moons have past since such a thing would be unthinkable.

But I must ask of you this:
are there enough sofas in the PD restroom for Concrete to impart his worldly wisdom in its entirety?

For even with the best will in the world, no man can fit another man's "ass groove"...

Concrete
17th May 2001, 05:58
Dear Lizard

I'm a pretty laid back kinda guy (hence all the sofa jokes), but if your gonna slag me off, at least have the balls not to do it anonymously.

I can take it from people I know coz I know if they mean it or not. I haven't got a clue who you are, so don't make me mad. You wouldn't like me when I'm mad (just ask Boydie).

------------------
"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as in the face of the man who killed you"

Concrete
17th May 2001, 06:09
If the above goes a little too far, I apologise to Towers and Radar, but TL was getting a little too personal for my liking.

Jag Fan Club, I don't need the B-Watch outing team to tell me who you are. The rumour last week was that you were Count Vernacular (One.......ha ha ha.....two.....)

------------------
What is your one purpose in life?

To explode of course.

The Jaguar Fan Club
18th May 2001, 01:48
Not sure I follow that one Concrete....

UR NumberOne..no such thing shall appear as, believe it or not, The Jaguar Fan Club was created as a derogatory nickname and not, as Buzz believes, as a spotters club!!! :rolleyes:

Jag aircrew were not my favorite last month!

So Buzz, do I get a gucci certificate for my AAROW exploits, or just the satisfaction of being outed? :)

TJFC

-----------------------------------------

Who ever let the truth get in the way of a good rumour?

TheLizard
18th May 2001, 02:48
My Dear Concrete,
Protest much? You really are a joy to wind up... so much supressed anger in one so young. Perchance the devil makes work for idle hands to do...

Either your reputation precedes you or I actually know of you. I recall that one or two elements of your peer group acquired a certain, shall we say, "tarnished" and well-publicised reputation... the rest merely become guilty - and by no means a little infamous - by association. No man, not even you Concrete, is ever as anonymous as he may think, fear or hope.

And there is nothing anonymous about The Lizard. The Lizard is always there, somewhere. You simply chose not to see. But The Lizard forgives you.

----------
There's a thing we say about the foolish wisher
Just do the dance and become a lizard...

Concrete
18th May 2001, 05:07
Jag - to bring you up to speed:

His first sentence says I'm no good at my job. The second says I'm entirely full of s***.

Lizard, you are a coward. I won't need Buzz and co. to find out who you are. You can only snipe from your ivory tower for so long and you have already given me a good number of clues to your identity. You have said yourself - no man is anonymous as he may think.

I can only assume you think you are without sin, as you are casting the first stone. We shall see. Even underground, there is a chance you will be found. Save yourself from falling down and crawl back under the rock you rode in on.

------------------
I am Concrete - Hear me snore.

A-Kay
18th May 2001, 08:40
Ass groove? Luxury. When I were a lad that's all we ever dreamed of.

Shame on you Mr. Lizard, you young whippersnappers should take heed of Mr. Concrete's insight, for the sofa you have today may not be the sofa you have tomorrow... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

TheLizard
18th May 2001, 14:05
Concrete,
There have been so many clues that a blind man in the dark would have seen who The Lizard is by now.

Perchance you have a confidence issue - I do not recall ever having called into question your technical competence and professionalism. Your should have more faith in yourself. Scan the words and read what is there, not what you saw. Interpretation can be an ugly thing. The Lizard casts no stones, only chameleon skins. And if the new world order is an eye for an eye, soon we will all be blind. There is nothing to be gained by fighting like wild bantams and so I ask you, Concrete - let us call a halt to this unpleasantness and clench the olive branch of truce. And I'll buy you a pint on Saturday afternoonat the Welly-bobs event.

-----
The TV speaks in murderous rhymes
The clues we leave and hope you'll find
Hail me, all hail me

RogerOut
18th May 2001, 15:54
Things have went downhill since the Little man left. Southerners shouldn't be sent so far north - they can't handle it.

The Jaguar Fan Club
18th May 2001, 17:01
This is all getting a bit too chuffing surreal.....roll on the Welly-boots celebration so we can DRINK and be merry. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Concrete..understood the slagging TL was giving you..just didn't understand the bit about the Count........

Might just be my young brain not switching on in time..(Oh what a surprise) :rolleyes:

--------------

If the World needed an enema, they would insert it in ...........

(Answers on a postcard to anyone who cares http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif)

[This message has been edited by The Jaguar Fan Club (edited 18 May 2001).]

U R NumberOne
18th May 2001, 18:38
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Jag Fan Club is right about the surreal thing!

Concrete - despite you earlier rejecting our expert team's necessity, as always the B Watch PPRuNe Outing Team is on standby to do our duty with respect to The Lizard - but as I currently haven't got a clue, I'll just go to the Laird's tomorrow I look for reptile-like ATCOs (assuming that's what The Lizard is!)

Buzz and Data Dad - need help on this one!

A-Kay - do we have the privilege of PPRuNing with another WM following the sad loss to the unit of Father Jack?

TheLizard
18th May 2001, 23:39
FooFighter is dead. I killed him with his own MonkeyWrench.

Does it need to be any more obvious?

B Watch Outing Commitee - hang your heads in shame - there are two clues in the previous posting that I expected you to pick up on. Read the words, not the meaning! TheLizard wins. All hail me ;-)

Concrete knew all along who TheLizard is. Admittedly, he forgot when he replied to the first posting, but he did know, and the penny dropped the day after. The other postings were just for fun :)

See you at The Laird's.

TheLizard
---------
Forgive me now for what I might deliver
Look around... all around...

monkey boy
18th May 2001, 23:43
He is not me

Annanutherone
18th May 2001, 23:54
And another one

Hed hertin yet buzz?

Mr Gorsky
19th May 2001, 01:02
this is all far too sureal, where did all these people come from?

Father Dougal
19th May 2001, 02:42
Beats me

Data Dad
19th May 2001, 03:08
Well it looks like The Lizard is being a real Chameleon.....or has it Affected his Coordination yet?? Ummm I think this surrealism must be catching! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

He may have changed his handle but forgot to change his history, tsk tsk!

Southerner's cant handle ISZ? ...well 19 years and counting and if I came from any further south I would have been either French or drowned...

B watch outing party next week?

------------------

ProstetnicVogonJeltz
19th May 2001, 14:18
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

------------------
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.

ArthurDent
19th May 2001, 14:28
Actually, I quite liked it.

R.I.P. DNA

------------------
So this is it, we're going to die.

Concrete
19th May 2001, 14:41
I know who TheLizard is (sorry for lying to you yesterday, Dad), but I'm not outing him. It's obvious who he is. Think hard guys.

When I worked it out, we had a little chat and decided to have a flame war for fun.

A-Kay is not who you think it is. He is a friend of mine who decided to help with the war. Buzz and No1 could have spent days trying to get the real AK to admit to that one and never succeeded.

Jag - if you're gonna be in The Laird's today, I'll explain it to you.

------------------
How does one man get to be so funny?

A-Kay
19th May 2001, 15:58
Not so much a war as a skirmish.

T'was easy once we realised we could distract the main protagonists by getting Eddie to bring us his Chesterfield... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

Annanutherone
19th May 2001, 16:17
When outing, beware the ATCO who speaks with Forked tongue. After all, did not Driver 8 recently mislead us maliciously with false idents?

Never assume.

10 mins between posts for the HHGTTG fan. Just long enough to signup 4 pilot.pprune email and register.........

I have my suspicions.

[This message has been edited by Annanutherone (edited 19 May 2001).]

terrain safe
19th May 2001, 23:58
I do feel that this is all becoming a little bit incestous. Never mind as there must be something else to talk about?

On second thoughts, probalbly not.

Enjoy yourselves guys.

TS

Co ordination unaffected
20th May 2001, 01:25
Incestuous? I think not. I am just a mildly curious observer. As I believe you are TS. If you really want to get close to the ISZ loonies, I'm sure that they could find a place for you.

As for me, I'm kinda happy enough where I am.

wat tyler
20th May 2001, 01:35
100 posts hurrah! Let's hijack another one. Prospective students beware. First we'll hijack your thread, then you'll be under our spell.

Curiosity is a dangerous thing.

I should know

[This message has been edited by wat tyler (edited 19 May 2001).]

Direct Turnberry
21st May 2001, 02:11
If anyone has any details of UR number one "dancing" at jools holland get them posted. He strongly denied making a show of himself when asked, and its high time the truth was out. This post will make me the first pilot "outed" by B watch but I think it will be well worth it if somone would "out" UR number one's dancing antics.

Edited for typo

[This message has been edited by Direct Turnberry (edited 20 May 2001).]

The Jaguar Fan Club
21st May 2001, 02:31
Unfortunately I have to declare that U R NumberOne was not dancing at the Jools Concert, as he, like the rest of us, was very wary of falling out of the Upper Circle!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

I can report, however, that there was a large amount of knee tapping and foot stamping (with the odd bit if undemanded singing thrown in), but the rest of us who were there are equally guilty of these allegations. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

TJFC

-----------------
Whoever let the truth get in the way of a good rumour?

BuzzLightyear
21st May 2001, 03:38
Hey Dad, nice car.

You should have bought a proper Volvo, might have got you through the snow a bit easier, or are you looking forward to getting stuck with a trucker again this season? :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Data Dad
21st May 2001, 19:37
Buzz, glad you like the car... wisnae bought with snow in mind....more because of the effect you have on other road users in the early morning http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif This has more airbags than you have validations http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif therefore I WILL survive !

UR No1 was definitely Foot and hand tapping at the gig...but then werent we all :)

------------------

U R NumberOne
22nd May 2001, 00:09
Well, well if it isn't my old mate Direct Turnberry!

As DD and TJFC have already pointed out I was not the only one having a good boogie to that musical wizard Jools Holland. In fact I reckon the 21 colleagues and friends I was with were doing the same. No doubt you'd be like the bloke sat next to me who managed to tap his knee (although not in time to the beat!) during a couple of songs while everyone else around was getting into the swing.

Anyway, its good to see you on ATC issues at last. While you're here you can enlighten my fellow ATCOs on your opinion of the role of ATC in this world. After hearing some of that I reckon you'd be lucky to get Direct Turnberry from a Prestwick departure!! :)

Direct Turnberry
22nd May 2001, 01:13
UR Number one

I would'nt watch Jools Holland if he was playing in my back garden, never mind pay to go. Maybe I could go and watch some good music with your mate Foo Fighter.

My opinion of ATCO's, well they are the lovely people that I speak to on the radio who always are happy to help. I don't know what your up too with your nasty comments but I would never say anything bad about Air Traffic. Of course the exception to that is any ATCO that works the Athens FIR and you after the previous post.

TheLizard
22nd May 2001, 20:46
DCT Turnberry,
Nice to have another on the thread with some musical taste... Jools Holland? ATCOs grooving? I can imagine it: "C'mon Aberdeen, let me hear you rattle your zimmer frames!!" Guys, you make me breakdown...

:-PPPPPPP

The Lizard :)
----------
In a previous life I was FF...

Annanutherone
22nd May 2001, 23:04
Buzz. One of these nights......

Data Dad
23rd May 2001, 03:42
Hey Lizard! You may not appreciate our choice in music....but you wont see many of us taking photos of BA Airbuses through the tower windows whilst working ADC! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Each to their own...... ;) ;)

(edited cos I can't spell!)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Data Dad (edited 22 May 2001).]

U R NumberOne
23rd May 2001, 09:28
For those of you with musical taste (and I can see I may be in a minority group here), Jools is Live in Concert on Monday 28th May at 2030 on Radio 2.

------------------
U R NumberOne.

I came, I PPRuNed, I outed!

Cheerio
23rd May 2001, 15:05
Hey Buzz, so this is what you and your 'b' shift buddies spend their spare time doing huh?
Spending your lunchtime with a scanner & binocs is *much* more healthy you know.
I'll leave you to it - keep the thread going!

"Cheerio for now" ;)

ProstetnicVogonJeltz
24th May 2001, 03:27
I saw JH live last year and while he is popular and good at what he does, he isn't exactly inspiring or original. Boogie on No1.

What we really need is a picture of TheLizard with long hair.

And Buzz, One Of These Nights (again).

------------------
Groop I implore thee,
My foonting turlingdromes.

TheLizard
24th May 2001, 13:43
Going back to my earlier "pop" at the ISZ groovers: to be fair, the quality / quantity of musical performers that make the long trek to play in ISZ-land is not wonderful - when anyone half decent turns up (JH included) you have to make hay while the sun shines, musically speaking.

DD,
I do these things for the greater good... anyway, I don't bother any more because of the green tint ;-)

Concrete,
I COULD dig one out, but I'd have to shoot you... Now, if you were to include one of your own such photographs in the offer, I might be persuaded... and:

"And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't"

TheLizard
=========

Odi
26th May 2001, 11:25
Wot, no new postings, must be B Watch days off then!

Annanutherone
31st May 2001, 23:17
Come on B watch outing team, it can't be that difficult.

Can it?

Dad, have you calmed down now?
Buzz, how is the limp?
URno1, Is it still taking you weeks to drive across the apron, on account of your photographic afflictions?

Shurely not!

Ready Immediate?
10th Jun 2001, 23:31
Hope all you ISZ boys got back in safe and sound.......so tell me, how long does it take to fly LL-PD ?

I suppose it`s time for another thread hijack soon.

Don`t leave it so long next time. :)

Odi
12th Jun 2001, 18:26
Annanutherone, have the PPrune outing team found you out yet? I can't believe you have stayed hidden all this time.

Never Mr Gap
13th Jun 2001, 05:00
Perhaps the outing is taking longer because URNo1 is away in Canada looking at grand pr*cks (or at least that's what I thought he said!)

[This message has been edited by Never Mr Gap (edited 13 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Never Mr Gap (edited 13 June 2001).]

Annanutherone
13th Jun 2001, 23:13
Odi. I can't believe it either.

Save some of the valium for me.

U R NumberOne
16th Jun 2001, 00:57
Careful now Ananotherone! I might be on the other side of the Atlantic at the moment but I'm keeping a close eye on the potential outing opportunities!! :)

------------------
U R NumberOne.

I came, I PPRuNed, I outed!

Annanutherone
16th Jun 2001, 20:52
UR.

Aren't you meant to be on holiday? Surely you can take a break from your outing duties, after all I'm not going anywhere for the time being.

Cheerio
18th Jun 2001, 14:12
Buzz. Those wheels you were after for Thunderbird 4 are on a T reg. Barchetta LE in G&R Harris, Chichester. They are spoked not telephone dial. Don't know any more details.

By the way, did you get your collar felt on the way home on Sunday night? There was a speed trap hiding in the quarry entrance - an unmarked blue Omega, with a hair-dryer sticking out of the window. Well hidden, the only reason I saw it was because a well meaning fellow citizen flashed me. I doubt they would have accepted the excuse that the frozen pizzas were defrosting in the back....

BuzzLightyear
27th Jun 2001, 04:06
Hey guys the Buzzster is back! Let the fun commence

Concrete/PVG/AD (you are not fooling anybody!)
one of these lonely, lonely nights!

Annanutherone
Now that the team is fully back you ARE on borrowed time buddy!

Cheerio
Another man of infinite taste (yellow fiat owner) joins the fray! Nah had a fellow yellow cinq flash me to warn of the evil bar stewards. Getting a bit predictable these days, the straight ain't no fun anymore. Have to wait for the twisties to hoof it!

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Annanutherone
27th Jun 2001, 22:17
When is the dedicated Emirates service starting?

I've been hearing all these rumours you see.

[Edited to make me look cleverer than I am. In reality thanks for this goes to URno1 crawl crawl etc]

I'm not going to get away with this for very much longer.

[This message has been edited by Annanutherone (edited 27 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Annanutherone (edited 27 June 2001).]

U R NumberOne
27th Jun 2001, 22:56
Enjoying your last remaining days of anonimity, Annanotherone? Anyway shouldn't it be Emirates we need to start the direct flights instead of Gulf Air? They already fly from LL, KK, CC and BB so loadsa connections for us!

You may say I'm well informed on these matters, I couldn't possibly comment... ;)

monkey boy
28th Jun 2001, 00:04
I'm with buzz re. the plod thing.

You get away with far worse behaviour in the bends than you ever could dream of on the more direct bits of road.

As for the hairdryer thingy, I may be able to help you on that one..

Annanutherone
29th Jun 2001, 22:39
Outed. Bugger.

Why can't I keep my big mouth shut?

I might have been looking at a couple of days grace, but no more, such is the tenacity of the B watch outing team.

By the way team, concentrate your efforts into:-
A) Outing Father Dougal or
B) Outing the next departure for Dubai(!)

BuzzLightyear
30th Jun 2001, 04:42
Annanutherone
Ah Mr L I presume! :) Tough luck matey boy, better luck next time you try to use yet another name http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

A)The latest rumour for departure is.... now that would be telling!!
B)Give it a shot but he hasn't given us much to work on. What do you reckon NO1?

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Odi
1st Jul 2001, 11:30
Bit of a late post, Buzz. You weren't even on a night shift!

So, the B Watch outing team strike again. It is becoming far to one sided so we'll have to introduce some form of handicap system to try and slow you down. Answers on a postcard to the usual address (whatever that may be!)

U R NumberOne
2nd Jul 2001, 14:26
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif I wasn't even present for this outing having just arrived back from a quick visit to the North East of England! (Start the rumours now) :)

100 posts then Buzz - congrats. :)

Puddleglum
2nd Jul 2001, 23:12
So the penguins are migrating south from Zebra. Is there something you'd like to tell uss No. 1?

BuzzLightyear
3rd Jul 2001, 17:17
Puddleglum,
Don't wish to be pedantic about this old bean, but penguins are southern hemisphere birds and don't tend to migrate south. Now if you had cited as your example Sterna Paradisaea, the Artic Tern, I would have been much more impressed!

Time to brush up on your natural history, methinks! :)

101 and not out!

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Father Dougal
4th Jul 2001, 16:36
Good luck guys!

Matt Spartou
4th Jul 2001, 23:21
So pedantic Mr. Lightyear! As I understand, it doesn't matter if you're a penguin or a polar bear as long as you have a yellow book you can get a job at ISZ.

monkey boy
5th Jul 2001, 00:10
They even take certain great apes!

Where did that banana go?(!)

Odi
5th Jul 2001, 00:42
Monkey Boy

I thought the great ape was at Cardiff!

Well, we've managed to get this thread onto its 10th page now. How much longer can we keep the unofficial ice station zebra chat page going?

BuzzLightyear
5th Jul 2001, 01:41
Matt Spartou, OK I'll bite, you reel me in!

I think you understand wrong, dear boy. We wouldn't have a penguin in the ops room they stink of fish and polar bears have absolutely no manners. Which one are you?

------------------
To infinity and beyond

PPRuNe Radar
5th Jul 2001, 02:39
Not long guys, not long ;)

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

monkey boy
6th Jul 2001, 00:08
I am sorry to inform you all that I shall be taking no further part in PPruNe postings. I will be looking in from the sidelines until I feel ready to begin causing the customary problems to the B watch outing team.

It's been a slice

BuzzLightyear
6th Jul 2001, 04:40
Personally I am surprised we got away with it for this long! :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Cheerio
6th Jul 2001, 16:28
Well before you go, let me just thank you guys in the ISZ tower for the hours of entertainment you provide, on Pprune and on the R/T. It sure beats the hell out of all those interminable TV hospital dramas I have to sit through.
Talk about dramatic tension... Imagine the scene, The Dash 8 sitting on the threshold, it was cleared-immediate ages ago, whatever is he doing down there? The Shed that is belting down the ILS, pretty much over the lights by now, yet the language behind the glass of of ISZ tower cannot be hidden behind an unpressed TX button..it can be imagined clear enough..
50 mouths eating 50 half-eaten lunchtime sandwiches in 50 parked up cars overlooking the scene pause in anticipation..
Finally a somewhat strangled "XYZ 6969 roll NOW!" and the act is complete, the 8 finally bimbles off, the shed floats down like a falling leaf, and the spectators lunchtime sandwich gets finished.
Sure beats E.R! :)

Cheerio!

PS Who is the rabid Jacobite that always manages to keep Kitty 01R waiting for an S61 at 9 DME, surely Her Maj comes before a dozen smelly oilmen? (Oh, no, that would be terrible, perish the thought)

[This message has been edited by Cheerio (edited 06 July 2001).]

boroatco
9th Jul 2001, 13:27
I hear the ISZ exodus continues, Dubai,Frankfurt+Bristol!!!! Be careful B watch team there's not going to be anyone left to "out" soon. Except of course MC and he'll never get out, to Manchester unless its Barton like I told him.
Hang in there guys

Drink Beer Smerk Tabs

BuzzLightyear
9th Jul 2001, 15:53
Cheerio,
You have been spending too much time on Spotters Row with your scanner mate!! :D
As for delaying Her Maj, well have you seen the mess 20 bears can make if you keep them from their beer? Not pretty!

Adge Cutler
20th Aug 2001, 00:47
OK B watch. No fun for you this time, but I'm back in the fray, with an ident for you.

If the price is right. :p

BTW what will happen to the B watch outing team in November?
:confused:

[ 22 August 2001: Message edited by: Adge Cutler ]

BuzzLightyear
9th Dec 2001, 04:34
Thought I'd resurrect it to celebrate my "ton 50"! :D :D :D

Soon be time to get those claims in for the much sought after A.A.S.S. certificates. Your last year Dad, better do something spectacular! :D
Oh and No.1, you going to at least try this year? :p
Wonder if the good Father ever got stuck in the sand yet! :eek: