PDA

View Full Version : Fujairah

aluminium persuader
22nd Mar 2001, 00:44
Anyone worked in Fujairah, UAE, or know anyone who has?
Be real interested to hear their views, ie is there a good standard of living, what's the ATC unit like, what sort & amount of movements etc...
Oh, and very minor (?) point - is it wet or dry?!

Cheers! ;)

------------------
Once more unto the breach, Dear Friends...

Cynic
22nd Mar 2001, 09:53
I have visited this Emirate several times although I have not worked there. It is on the Arabian sea / indian ocean side of the UAE about 2 hrs drive from Dubai. It is a resort town with loads of asian traders and promenades, definatly not in the same league as Dubai. However the scenery and sea is stunning with the mountains of north Oman just up the coast.
The airport has a single runway (ex RAF I think) and a small apron with a small terminal and freight shed. Most of the time it is quiet but has hectic moments when the CIS transports and shoppers arrive. These aircraft are usually TU154s IL18s IL76 etc. In addition there are visits from the US Navy C9s and P3s and USAF C5s C141s.
Hope this helps.

Red Dragon
22nd Mar 2001, 14:08
If your looking for traffic Fujairah is not for you. Very quiet, something in the region of 11,000 movements a year. Money isn`t too bad ( tax free obviously so more disposable income)and accomodation is provided although not sure what it`s like. You should get schooling and health care too but check.
As for wet/dry the at least two of the hotels there have bars and there may be a couple of "hole in the wall" outlets that aren`t strictly legal!
Weather is great in the winter but very hot and humid in the summer. Good place if you enjoy diving ( scuba, not the other kind!)

Hope this helps.

aluminium persuader
23rd Mar 2001, 02:49
Hey thanks, fellas - any news is a great help, particularly as there doesn't seem to be any Brits out there at the moment. Would you reckon it's an ok place for the wife & my wee boy (13 months)?

------------------

Wheelybin
23rd Mar 2001, 04:22
The wifes worth about 100 camels the wee boy(if hes blonde),200....latest exchange rate 1 camel = 1 pint of heineken!

fart
23rd Mar 2001, 10:02
Try the following e-mail address: this guy works there - [email protected]

Not a bad place at all, but very quite and of course you have radar to do it with.
Cheers

aluminium persuader
23rd Mar 2001, 21:07
:)
W-B, would that be one hump or two?
Fart, I'll drop him a line - thanks!
ap.

------------------