PDA

View Full Version : Level busts

uk
20th Mar 2001, 21:49
Does anyone know where I can gather information about level busts? I have to give a short presentation on the subject so any help would be greatly appreciated.

surfingatco
20th Mar 2001, 23:19
You can find CAP710 "Level Bust Working Group 'On The Level' Project Report at http://www.srg.caa.co.uk/ I don't know the exeact link but it's on their site somewhere.
Alternatively, arrange a visit to TC LATCC and we'll give you a demo - especially if the pressure's low and there's an American (nationality - not the airline) flying! :)

5milesbaby
21st Mar 2001, 01:10
If you work in ATC, you can find in the library at either Nerc, CATC, or LATCC the incident report booklet, with the findings of all reports filed (along with all sorts of other incidents). They must be available at other units NATS or not, but where I do not know. I don't know if these are available for public viewing if you're not ATC, but I'm sure someone here can give an answer?

[This message has been edited by 5milesbaby (edited 20 March 2001).]

west country fatbloke
21st Mar 2001, 15:06
hmmm..call me suspicious if u like,but what presentation??..broadsheet or tabloid?
Prove me wrong.

uk
21st Mar 2001, 16:52
Fatbloke
Actually I'm an airline pilot wannabe. I'm through to the final round of the bmi british midland pilot sponsorship scheme and have to give a 10 minute presentation on level busts.

I have no connection with the media whatsoever other than writing the occaisional music review for the student newspaper.

Thanks very much for the information - CAP 710 is just what I'm looking for.

[This message has been edited by uk (edited 21 March 2001).]

west country fatbloke
21st Mar 2001, 23:38
uk..in that case best of british!!