PDA

View Full Version : Application forms-tips

random task
19th Mar 2001, 20:22
I am filling in my application form for ATC. Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the questions or what they are looking for.

Bright-Ling
19th Mar 2001, 20:41
Yes......Lie!!

I told them that I was a PhD in astrophysics......and they believed me.

Just read up on the "How to bluff" series in WHSmith..... I wrote the ATC one!!!

----------------------------------

Seriously, list all interests to do with aviation. But that is not the be-all of it. Be honest, they may catch you out 10 months later in the interview, which includes personality tests!!

There are plenty of tips on the interviews here.....just use the search!!!

Good luck.

(Oh, and copy the blank form and do a dry run.......looks pants if you cross out or use Tipp-Ex!!!!)

Der SimMeister
19th Mar 2001, 21:12
It's also possible to download the app form in Word format from the Nats website, and print it out & fill it in.. or even email it to Recruitment.
Using a delete key is much easier than using tippex or writing the whole thing out again. :0

spin
19th Mar 2001, 23:23
I've recently applied and was just wondering how long can I expect to wait before I receive a 'Dear John' or an invitation to interview?

Bizzy
20th Mar 2001, 01:18
random task :-

Answer honestly! What do you have to hide? ;)

Spin..

I am in the middle of the application process.. I applied Nov, sat initial tests 1st week Mar, get results this week.
Reading other posts, if succesful I believe interviews could be anything between 3-6 weeks of receiving confirmation of passing first stage.

As for the medical etc, I do not know how long it takes to set up, but I get the impression that the first two stages are the lengthiest

Good Luck

Lew Ton
20th Mar 2001, 01:37
Yes, hype your self up by all means, but don't out and out lie, it's too easy to get caught out.

I once interview someone for an ATSA job and they put on the application form they knew all about QFE, QNH, plus a load of other stuff. Once the interview was underway I thought I'd ask some questions which I assumed the candidate would know, judging by his application form, to put him at his ease. He hadn't a clue and the interview fell apart from then on. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

5milesbaby
20th Mar 2001, 02:45
Everything seems to take two to three weeks! From applying, expect reply.......from tests expect reply.....from interview expect reply..... and they seem to do a good job of keeping to this. Once the interview has gone well and you've been accepted, the medical will be done to fit, or even postponed. Some people I know had just two weeks from being accepted to starting, most had the medical within a week, but some waited until after they had started on a proviso they only stayed if they passed! I think they do not do this anymore though as one apparently failed and left a sticky situation to handle!! :)

[This message has been edited by 5milesbaby (edited 19 March 2001).]