PDA

View Full Version : Bucker Jungman

Shaggy Sheep Driver
1st Oct 2004, 17:19
Anyone know of anything in particular to look out for when considering purchase of one of these fine handling beauties (on the register as a 'replica', since it was built far more recently than the originals)? Any 'gotchas' to be aware of in owning and operating?

SSD

Southern Cross
1st Oct 2004, 21:02
A fine choice. Is the one you are looking at with a 125 or 150hp Tigre?

No real gotchas to speak of. The Spanish aeroplanes can be overly nose heavy and a lot of owners go to great lengths to try and get the C of G back. It affects the ability to land on 3 points in some cases.

Many Tigre powered aeroplanes have an Ellison fuel system for inverted fuel.

With an alloy fuselage, there is no oil soakage to be concerned about unlike a Stampe. Normal things then like accident damage, quality of fabric, engine life and maintenance history andwho has done the maintenance.

Check the gear carefully and the brakes - both known weak points on the Bucker.

Is this aeroplane currently owned by someone with initials PB by any chance? (nice aeroplane)

Enjoy - and PM me if you want any more details...

Lowtimer
1st Oct 2004, 22:33
I'msure you'll have checked this out already, but just in case... they have a reputation for being rather cramped in the cockpit. So it's important to make sure that everyone in a proposed syndicate can fit in comfortably, with parachutes if desired, and get full and free control movement.

Small Rodent Driver
2nd Oct 2004, 08:31
Just in the process of selling the wife in order to be able to buy one.

Any takers? Low to moderate mileage etc.

:rolleyes:

Southern Cross
3rd Oct 2004, 09:24
Oh and many aeroplanes don't have starters, so the current thread on hand starting will be more relevant...

MLS-12D
4th Oct 2004, 15:57
SSD, I assume that you are the originator of this thread on Flyer (http://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9141)? If not, you might wish to check it out.

Negative 'G'
4th Oct 2004, 18:09
Have a word with Taff Smith or Brian Brown at Breighton, they've rebuilt & operated several types for years.

Neg G:D

Sir George Cayley
4th Oct 2004, 19:38
Have you spoken to a man near Stretton?

I believe he knows a thing or two 'bout them.

Sir George Cayley

Shaggy Sheep Driver
5th Oct 2004, 21:00
Sir George - saw that very man this weekend. Most instructive.

SSD

MLS-12D
6th Oct 2004, 15:01
For the benefit of the rest of us, can you provide a summary of Stretton-man's advice/comments (presumably you took notes)? Thanks.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
4th Nov 2004, 12:34
Southern Cross

Just PMd you.

SSD