PDA

View Full Version : LATCC et al. Visits

Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl
16th Mar 2001, 23:02
Anyone tell me how I might go about arranging one of these for about 12 (at most) people (Air Cadets)?

I'm assuming that it won't be so boring as some of the RAF Air Tragic centres (along the lines of "there's our movement for the day: a Cessna passed three miles abeam".

(only kidding! INCOMING!)

Cheers all!
-tacc

daft fader
17th Mar 2001, 00:03
An obvious contact might be the Air Training Corps unit actually resident on the site. Sorry, but I can`t remember the unit number.

slurp
17th Mar 2001, 00:05
or a line to Personnel at LATCC or the centre you need,would do the trick.

unwise
17th Mar 2001, 00:19
Just call the LATCC switchboard and ask for "the old man who does the guided tours" He can go on a bit which ruins the experience slightly but its the only feasable option. 01895 445566

slurp
17th Mar 2001, 00:29
his name is Terry Stock

Mr Chips
17th Mar 2001, 18:50
You actually want to contact Jo Clare, LATCC PR and Communications Officer, via the switchboard on 01895445566

Bizzy
17th Mar 2001, 22:41
It may be worth trying to link up with a Senior Military Supervisor at LATCC. The military quite often bring in visitors, and tend to have a bit more flex than the civil side (due to tight manpower in the watches).. they will show you the military side of LATCC - which is busy, and will probably also be able to get you a look at at least one of the civil sectors.

This approach will probably be more fruitful considering the large number you are trying to get around. The D&D cell is also worth a visit whilst there.

I'm afraid I do not have any names of Crab SMS's.. but the numbers should be in the book if you have access to a MOD Network directory

Bright-Ling
18th Mar 2001, 03:02
Unless of course you are visiting:

(a) on a Public Holiday
(b) in the Evenings
(c) or at Weekends

......in which case FORGET the military!!!!

(No offence!)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
18th Mar 2001, 12:41
The military ops room is fantastic - it's bigger than the Blackpool Tower ballroom and there's only 3 people working there! (Sorry guys and gals in blue - you're great really).

Now if you want to see some seriously busy people you want to watch the ATSAs. They're truly like professional slaves...

surfingatco
18th Mar 2001, 19:16
Does that mean they'll do anything I want? Must try that tomorrow morning http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif)

Bizzy
18th Mar 2001, 20:52
HD

Just because there are three uniformed personell in the OPS room at one time - it does not neccesarily mean they are all working! Two will invariably be bitching about pay and conditions whilst looking enviously at the Civil sectors!