PDA

View Full Version : Groundcrew Assimilation FairyLeccy SootyRigger

FatBaldChief
29th Sep 2004, 20:50
Has anyone posted a forum topic regards this next bunch of RAF Groundcrew retraining malarkey yet? If so could someone direct me there? First day PPRuNE virgin dontcha know!:8

16 blades
29th Sep 2004, 21:40
FBC,

Try a search (top right of the page)

16B

KM-H
30th Sep 2004, 18:53
FBC

I've been out since '95 but remember being finally pinned down to be assimilated (resistance WAS futile).

Is this really the next move? Break down all the trade barriers? Where does the Wpns trade come out in this?

KM-H
(FART = Former Air Radar Technician)

buoy15
1st Oct 2004, 02:17
KM-H
Forgotten all your Rugby songs?
A, I'm an armourer - B, I'm an armourer - C, I'm an armourer too !!

insty66
1st Oct 2004, 04:50
I think FBC is referring to the next round of assimilation i.e. Fairies & Leckies as Avionics Trade and Riggers and Sootie as the Heavy Trade (sorry forget correct title).
Plumbers remain a law unto themselves.
This will be my second assimilation so having trained in 1 trade, I will (like many others) now be required to work in 4. Guess it works though as I've not heard of many complaints/ horror stories.
Using the less people+same work+less promotion formula is a good way to encourage people to go with out paying them any redundancies. Or is that just a pleasant side effect?

KM-H
1st Oct 2004, 15:17
Buoy15

Haven't forgotten - but my 'little brother'

A. Is an armourer
B. Is bigger that I am
C. Doesn't think that song's funny (i do!)

So, What do you call an armourer with no sense of humour ?

Ans. Anything when he's on the other side of the Atlantic!!!!!

KM-H

FatBaldChief
1st Oct 2004, 20:51
Thanks for your input Gentlemen. I know this assimilation is still in it's infancy but it just feels like they are trying to push us to be responsible for more with less benefit. I have gone Nav Inst-Flight systems-Avionics and now are to eventually be given 4 weeks of Cosford electricalness (20 minutes should be ok). The official line I think is to try and bring us into line with the Civil aviation engineering trades to try and help us get a job when we leave the service. It will remain to be seen if this happens. Or will most of my Ilk still take their pension and go and be a Tesco's security guard? :8
Respect and kind regards
FBC

On the Armourer question there will be 3 new trades as follows,

Arm A, Arm B, Arm C

A do colours
B do numbers
C do letters :}

Always_broken_in_wilts
2nd Oct 2004, 20:22
FBC,
Managed to avoid all this old tosh by going Nav Inst - Flt Sytems - ALM..............bl@@dy good move I have to say:ok:

On the subject of "brains" you must remeber the nightmare of the "5 headed" super techs...........so sounds like guys now have it pretty easy :E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced