PDA

View Full Version : Shenstone airstrip

muffin
29th Sep 2004, 11:03
Does anybody have any contact details for Shenstone airstrip which is just off the new M6 toll road to the South of Lichfield?

Thanks

CRAN
29th Sep 2004, 15:47
I live in Lichfield, PM me if you want me to nip over and pick up some details for you.

CRAN
:cool:

we_never_change
29th Sep 2004, 18:31
I presume your talking about the strip at Shenstone Hall Farm?

A few nice strips around here (Lichfield area), theres the Micro school at Roddidge, the busy strip at Sittles Farm, Alrewas & the strip at Cork Farm, Streethay, another lovely strip just south of the A38.

WNC

tacpot
1st Oct 2004, 12:15
I am also keen on finding contact details for this strip.

Hireandhire
2nd Oct 2004, 11:56
Guys hi

I fly out of Corks Farm and often lob across the road into Shenstone as well.

Corks Farm is challenging - 04/22 alleged 500yards (not even metres) and I have my doubts about that. Big slope but has a very short plateau in the middle. Ugly go-around on 22 due to slope, trees, power lines and houses. Can be very bumpy on short finals in some winds due to A38 embankment nearby. I suggest downwind landings avoided at all costs.

I'm not being funny but if you really want to visit, send me a pm; I'd be glad to arrange to meet you by road and introduce our local FI who can talk you through it's peculiarites better than I can.
Oh - and I love operating our Condor from there, but I'm new to taildraggers and this strip demands my complete attention!

Shenstone guys are really friendly, another pm with your contact details and I'll ask one of the guys there to give you a call. It's more like 600m plus, flat and smooth; roughly 09/27.

regards

ifitaintboeing
3rd Oct 2004, 21:32
Muffin,

I am the local FI referred to in the above post.

Shenstone is actually 33/15, and as they say about 600m of immaculately kept runway (unlike ours!).

Contact me for more details.

Regards,

J

Hireandhire
4th Oct 2004, 12:44
'iffypaintboeing' hi

thanks for the catch.

Since Shenstone is really 33/15 ( and I'm sure you are right ) perhaps that explains why I always land to the left of the centre-line! :O

regards

Croqueteer
4th Oct 2004, 17:34
H & H, Don't you mean downhill landings?

Hireandhire
5th Oct 2004, 09:01
Croqueteer hi

You are completely right, I meant to say "downhill".

BTW (everybody)

I have been asked to politely remind PPruners that ALL strips are very strictly PPR; please get explicit permission as well as the safety brief from the operator before flying in.

regards