PDA

View Full Version : Shifts at work

woatc
12th Mar 2001, 13:34
Hi there !

We got a new shift system from now on

work 5 days and get 3 days off (former 4-2)
Sounds good but it isn't really ;(

we start the frist day and second day at 5 am, then the third and fourth between 11 and 12 am, and the last one sometimes at 3 pm or if you get nightshift at 10pm.

we have to stay every day for 9 Hours at work and get one (!) Hours Break (two times half an Hour) for the whole day !

I'm feeling tired now, i have to go to work ;)

See ya
Ralf

------------------
Carpe Diem !

Lon More
12th Mar 2001, 22:04
woatc, at EDDW I suppose.

Now I know why everyone there sounds so fed up!

------------------
Lon More,just an ATCO

HarryBucket
12th Mar 2001, 23:45
Sorry to hear about your shift pattern, matey.

Hopefully we won't get similar treatment in the UK if PPP goes through for NATS. Is it the same for all airports in ED or just yours? Can you not do anything about it?

BEXIL160
13th Mar 2001, 00:01
Hello there woatc,

I'm interested if there are any LEGAL restrictions on the hours you work in Germany?

Here in the UK we have SRATCOH, which controls the shift patterns and hours that it is possible for ATCOs to (be made to) work.

Since we are supposed eventually to heading for a JAA style ATCO licence I wonder if SRATCOH or something similar will be appiled to all of the EUR region?

Last I heard the UK's CAA SRG were involved in the "Euro-Licence", so it could be a lonnnnnng time.

smooth approach
13th Mar 2001, 01:19
woatc. Check the following link which, although UK, defines the European Working Time Regulations (EWTR). I would think that your management have already thought of these. However, you may find a loophole.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/work_time_regs/index.htm

woatc
13th Mar 2001, 01:29
Hi - thanks for yor replies !
Just returning from work, today from 11:45 - 20:45. I had one hour break today - two times half an Hour ;( I'm really tired, i sat at Bremen Approach for two hours alone (!) due to lack of personell, and then in a heavy military sector -puh !

Yes, there is a system called "ShiftLogic" which plans my day - but it didn't work very well, so my watch supervisor tells me at which postition i have to work.

Our collectivewage agreement says - every 3 hours of work - half an hour break.
But we are unable to work according to this due to a huge lack of personell - most of us are getting sick present time - anyone wonder why ?

Ok that's all for the time - i will go to my wife now - hopefully she let me sleep ;))

Greetings
"The SANGUINIKER"

Ralf

------------------
Carpe Diem !

Avman
13th Mar 2001, 18:08
And despite strong opposition from senior ops managers the famous "shiftlogic" is about to be adopted by Eurocontrol for their Maastricht UAC. Looks like we have something to look forward to!