PDA

View Full Version : Media accuracy as high as ever

Expeditedescent
11th Mar 2001, 23:09
This "story" is so incredibly stupid I have to share it with a wider audience.

BTW, someone please explain to me what a turnaround is in the context of approaching aircraft LOL :)

http://www.irelandonsunday.com/current/news/article.tmpl$showpage?ps=319323397237661

Enjoy, it's a cracker !

Expedite

woatc
11th Mar 2001, 23:56
Haha -

early the same happened in Bremen (EDDW) last year - an A340 was coming in for a Low Approach - we seldom had those aircraft in Bremen ;)

He qwas a little "of track" on final to come closer to the Tower (for better Photos ;)).

But on his way he overflew a aalotment garden colony ;o

Next day in the Newspaper i read the statements of some people like

"Never again in Bremen "
"There could have happened a big accident"
"There was a big shadow above my little house, and i thought a plane will crash" ;)

From this day on we naver had a big aircraft at our international Airport because of the political influence - or the one of the gardeners ;|

P.S. Please don't look at the mistakes in the text - German Guy tries to write English fast ;))

------------------
Carpe Diem !

Spotnik
12th Mar 2001, 00:22
Phew! Residents frightened by A300. You should have been in Hounslow the day Concorde did a go around at 2 miles.

2 six 4
12th Mar 2001, 02:03
How can we possibly dispute:-

"It was one of the most terrifying moments of my life," said Oak Park resident Madeline MacDonagh.

After all Madeline knows how terrifying her life has been.

Don't tell her what life would be like if SERCO dominate the (ATC) world.

BN2A
12th Mar 2001, 20:19
As a student pilot, I now know that after an approach turns bad it's safer to carry on and try and land whatever!! Who was the first person to believe that a 'go-around' was a safe way of dealing with a bad approach?? And how did they convince us that this method was the best procedure?? :rolleyes:
At this early stage of my flying/airline career I'll take these ideas on board, and hopefully no more people will 'feel like they are going to die'.

Threshold or nothing....
:) :) :)