PDA

View Full Version : Retainment or recruitment?

fuzzmaster
28th Sep 2004, 10:51
Whilst there has been a lot in the news over recent years about air crew shortages the focus was on experienced pilots leaving the service.
With this in mind you would expect the RAF to have a large recruitment drive.
I was lucky enough to be awarded a sixth form scholarship and subject to grades a university bursary, needless to say i was stoked.
Having obtained a scholarship i expected the local careers office would be in close contact and at the start they were and there was a photo shoot for the local papers etc. Since then the only contact i have had from the RAF is an a-level grade request form.
I applied for a flying scholarship but was put the reserves list, so i have not flown for a year despite being a memeber of CCF.
I lost intrest in the RAF and declined the scholarship and i dont think that i am the only one.
The point being there was so much that they could have done which would have kept me interested and keen.
I just think that maybe the recruiters need to change the way they recruit, especially when you compare what some companies are offering students/graduates.

TheBeeKeeper
28th Sep 2004, 11:07
fuzz,

I think you may have just opened yourself up for a whole load of abuse here....

I just think that maybe the recruiters need to change the way they recruit, especially when you compare what some companies are offering students/graduates.

Not aircrew myself, but at a guess, those that want to fly in HMFC apply generally to fly FJ. And fair enough, there are certain levels of sponsorship on offer, but that should not be the basis of one joining the forces for a career. Interested to know 'what some companies' would allow you to fly at 420kts at 250ft. Haven't done it myself, but it must be simply awesome!

BK

teeteringhead
28th Sep 2004, 11:34
Oh dear oh dear oh dear....

not abuse as such, but a clarification of parameters. Military flying, in whatever colour of uniform, cannot in any shape fashion or form be compared tosome companies
If you truly want to fly military aircraft, every other job must come a very poor second to that - and it requires 110% application, even before you join.

The AFCO might not have done much, but you seem to have done less, ie nowt. Why weren't you hassling them about their inaction? Hey mate, where's my Grob/Tucano/Hawk/Typhoon then?? Any chance of work experience anywhere? When can I go to Cranwell? etc etc

Yes, recruiting, especially FJ recruiting is down, but that doesn't mean it's non existant. And even when IPS figures were much higher, I don't think AFCOs were ever closely following up A level wannabees whodeclined the (flying) scholarship in what appears to have been a hissy fit over lack of contact. (Or did you have something better to do? What could possibly be better than free flying for a teenager??)

Sorry sunshine, but I don't think the RAF (FAA/AAC) have missed very much in this particular case.

Verbum sat sapientis as they used to say at 2FTS. Having been to a good school fuzzmaster (CCF and all that), you might even understand what it means...........

santiago15
28th Sep 2004, 11:36
fuzz,

The RAF get 8-10,000 applicants for pilot every year. Historically they have tended to select 30-200 of those depending on their requirements. In short my friend, they can afford to be VERY selective. Now put your teddys back in the cot, and either roll your sleeves up or find something else to do with your life!!

S15

SpotterFC
28th Sep 2004, 11:45
Teetering head

Got there first d@mmit!

To add a bit though (and at the risk of abuse from ABIW and Beags!):

The Services are NOT like "some companies"where you get to "concentrate your core competencies in a going forward manner and screw all your mates who are trying to do the same then go home at 5 and never have to give a bit extra (like being on QRA on a Sunday for instance!). The Services are a team game, and it often demands huge sacrifies of you and your family, meaning that you have to want to be there. If you think the life is easy and its just another job with wings on, all you'll be doing is joining the other chisellers that take the money but still whinge and make life less enjoyable for those of us that actually want to be here.

Go join "some other company"

And another thing - its retention not retainment!

fuzzmaster
28th Sep 2004, 11:47
The thing is that the RAF will loose alot of potentially good pilots because although people are dedicated and focused and do want to fly more than anything, they are not stupid and will look at other opportunities which are more attractive, especially when you account for the length of commitment.
Do not get me wrong I am not angry with the RAF, i chose to decline the scholarship because i did not want to do it any more since the commitment seemed too long.
Instead i am saying why dont the RAF offer slightly more support given that at the start of the scholarship most are only 17!
May be allocate them a 'buddy' who is a recent graduate of Cranwell so they can ask questions, or offer them the chance to visit their local base?

And yes i have moved on and found something to do with my life thank you.

mbga9pgf
28th Sep 2004, 11:57
With between 8000-10000 to choose from, it does not matter if they loose what you consider to be potentially good pilots. This is not a 9-5 job managing at tescos, the Armed Forces recruit individuals willing to give far more than their time if the job requires it. besides, there are plenty of kids out there begging to get in, and do what they consider to be their dream job. So why waste money on incentivising recruitment when we have thousands willing to go through the faff of selection?

If you are unsure of the length of service, or know anyone who at the application stage is unwilling to do this period of service, I would suggest this job will not be for them.

TheBeeKeeper
28th Sep 2004, 11:58
they are not stupid and will look at other opportunities which are more attractive

You don't join the RAF for the money. If you want a career out of flying to make money, then there are no prizes for guessing which way to go.

especially when you account for the length of commitment

Last estimate something like £3m to train a FJ pilot (Might be wrong though)

i chose to decline the scholarship because i did not want to do it any more since the commitment seemed too long

I guess it's a good job that you have moved on then?!?

BK

fuzzmaster
28th Sep 2004, 12:09
A few Points:
Firstly Santiago15, Quote "VERY SELECTIVE". If they are very selective then why not put the effort in to keep those that they have selected?

Secondly Teetering Head: Let me clear this up, at the most basic of levels joining the RAF is career as is joining another branch of the armed forces or a company. All require levels of commitment and attainment.
Whilst free flying is great for a teenager how many years of the scholarship would i be teenager? 3! So i would not have left university till i was 22 and then 12 years commitment again not too appealing.
Actually i think that the RAF have missed alot in my case, given my aptitude etc, and the hundreds like me and yes i did have somehting better do I was awarded a shcolarship from a leading missile manufacture (MBDA, http://www.mbdacareers.co.uk/young.asp and click on engineering scholarship) which is why i declined the RAF scholarship.

Mosspigs
28th Sep 2004, 12:18
Fuzz,

I think one of the selection criterion is an adequate grasp of written English.

Good luck in Civvy street young man and remember the key phrase................

"Do you want fries with that Sir?"

TheBeeKeeper
28th Sep 2004, 12:19
A few Points: Firstly Santiago15.......Secondly Teetering Head

And..... your third point is what.......

Maybe the RAF recruiters knew exactly what they were doing by not contacting you every five minutes....

BK

Training Risky
28th Sep 2004, 12:35
Very well done on getting your 'shcolarship' mate, use it well for you have demonstrated no qualities that the RAF look for in potential fast-jet pilots.

Where is your keen Interest? Where is your Commitment? Where are your high Academic standards?

I'm afraid that whinging, immodest, illiterate, impatient teenagers are not what we need. We are so overborne with multi-engine pilots and soon-to-be-reroled Jag pilots: WHY should we be recruiting at all?

I see the need to recruit doctors and engineers, these guys really do get poached by other companies and they deserve sponsorship to get them to commit to a poorly-paid ground job in the RAF. But Pilot? This job sells itself, we don't need to sell it to anyone.

You say the RAF missed out by not ringing you up at home and actively recruiting you.... I think that you alone are convinced by that. Do yourself a favour and don't become like the thousands of sad blokes in the pub who claim that they were the one in black on the balcony of the Iranian Embassy in 1980. You will be the only one who believes your sad tales of woe.:rolleyes:

Jackonicko
28th Sep 2004, 12:39
If you can seriously think that an engineering scholarship with MBDA represents 'something better' than flying in the RAF then you're deluded, and you're certainly not the kind of person that the RAF wants or needs.

They need dedicated, enthusiastic, self-motivated people with a burning desire to fly and to be RAF officers, and the fact that you claim to have turned down a sixth form scholarship simply proves that you do not have the 'right stuff'.

You may "think that the RAF have missed a lot in your case", but I would suggest that your sloppy standards in written English, your misplaced (arrogant) faith in your own abilities and your lack of commitment lead me to wonder what on earth anyone was thinking in offering you a scholarship in the first place. At least no-one compounded the error by giving you a flying scholarship, though the fact that you were put on the 'reserve list' suggests that OASC are doing a very poor job.

I don't want to be entirely negative, and wish you well with MBDA. I'd also say that your suggestion that scholarship winners should be allocated a 'buddy' who is a recent graduate of Cranwell would seem to have some merit.

fuzzmaster
28th Sep 2004, 12:45
My commitment is to myself not to the RAF or any one else. I made my choice based on my aspirations and what i wanted to do. I wanted to be a pilot once but changed my mind may be the AFCO were right in contacting me because it will cull those who are not commited to the cause. Although do not forget that the RAF recruits both those who want to join the RAF and those who only want to fly. Needless to say which one i was, but those of you who are in my situation stop and ask yourself do you want to fly and enjoy the RAF or do you want to fly so much you are willing to put up with the armed forces and their way of life. If you are the later one then take it form me you will tear yourself up until you realise may be it is not for you.
Thanks to Mosspigs for the career advice but im sorted for the next seven years but maybe after that which do you think, Mcdonalds or Burger King?

uknasa
28th Sep 2004, 12:58
is not a 9-5 job managing at tescos, the Armed Forces recruit individuals willing to give far more than their time if the job requires it

While fully appreciating the excellent job the Services do and the dedication of Service people, many of the the views on this thread are somewhat misguided. Despite what you may think, civvies work just as hard as Servicemen and women - having left he RAF (after serving for 9 years), I can assure you that life 'outside' is just as demanding. If you really think that successful companies rely on staff working only 9-5, then you are sadly mistaken - and would perhaps be best advised to stay in until your 55 point!

TheBeeKeeper
28th Sep 2004, 12:58
I wanted to be a pilot once but changed my mind may be the AFCO were right in contacting me because it will cull those who are not commited to the cause.

Puncuation - F - Must try harder

uknasa,

Take your point, people still have to work hard outside the RAF, however, since leaving after your 9 years, has your civvie company asked you to go to work in Basrah City, for 3 1/2 months, working between 12 and 18 hours a day in 53 degrees centigrade? Only 3 days off in that time, and a day off meant getting up at 6am to get down to Kuwait, not getting back until 11pm? No?..... Thought not!

BK

fuzzmaster
28th Sep 2004, 13:09
My high academic grades are AAAA at A-level in math, physics, technology and As-further math.
Jackonicko: How does 'claiming' to have turned down a scholarship prove i have not got the right stuff.
Yes my written english is not the best on this forum but my faith is certainly not misplaced. I was commited during my CCF time i did/applied for evey course i could, including a gliding scholarship and the cadet leadership course both of which i passed (oh and if i forgot to say i was recommended to go on to train for my gold wings).
Training Risky: I have already addressed your concern for my grades. I am not moaning or whinging but why not change the recruitment system? Why not offer more support or career guidance? Do not forget that at the age of 17 the prospect of any long term commitment is daunting. I mean at Univeristy you have UAS and they meet once a week and their members talk to their Officers about a balance between study and UAS time so why not talk to them before they go to uni.
I am not alone in this, an officer from Loughborough Uni came down to my school on a recruitment visit. His told me to do what i wanted to at uni and not get over committed with UAS because at the end of the day the RAF had already recruited me and the focus was on those who had not yet been recruited.

At the end of the day i held up my hand and said the RAF is not for me, i am not trying to moan or make excuses as many others complete their scholarships and enjoy them, but i did not and wanted to express my opinion. I wanted to fly more than most but i could not join the armed forces, you may say if you wanted to fly so much why did you not just put up with the way of life. The answer is that i could not.

TheBeeKeeper
28th Sep 2004, 13:19
Fuzz,

Appreciate the frankness of your last message (although there may be a few sniggers about being offered 'Gold Wings'). I feel that the point of your first post has been lost!

Maybe it should read...... Decided not to go for RAF, but really enjoy flying, anyone know where I can get some cheap, fun, flying around here??? Well, if you are off to do the missile thingy at Stevenage, pop up to Henlow and fly with me in a vintage Bi-plane! Thats REAL flying! (Stands back for oodles of abuse)

BK

airborne_artist
28th Sep 2004, 13:23
"I haven't flown for a year" - so did you get down the local flying club and bum a ride off a member, did you get a part-time job to earn money for some lessons at the club? Did you get down to a gliding club and help on the ground in return for a free launch?

I hate to sound like an old fart (no problems, because I know I am one) but I did all of the above, and more, and that's part of the reason I got a flying scholarship, through AIB etc. and into the Navy.

It's called ambition and initiative, and it goes down very well in the Services, I found.

teeteringhead
28th Sep 2004, 13:29
Sorry sunshine, but I don't think the RAF (FAA/AAC) have missed very much in this particular case. ...and after subsequent fuzzy posts je reste ma valise......:ok:

fuzzmaster
28th Sep 2004, 13:37
BK,
I apprechiate it, yes my point was lost. However i feel that if i had started a post saying 'RAF Scholar has doubts' i would have had a completely different reception and might not have been perceived to be arrogant, ignorant and basically a waster.
Thank you Teetering Head but the case was never yours to rest. Rather than debating whether or not i was a worthy scholar why not debate whether the RAF does need to change its recruitment strategies?

TheBeeKeeper
28th Sep 2004, 13:47
I cannot see the RAF changing its recuitment strategies in the near future, at the moment, the RAF has more applicants for pilot that it can shake a stick at. Whilst this is the case and the numbers required remain low, the RAF can pick and choose its aircrew (Not saying they make the right choice.... but you get my drift!)

BK

Off to go and fly the Queen Bee now, hurrah, the sun is shining and the wind is straight down the runway!

Training Risky
28th Sep 2004, 15:15
I'm sorry Fuzz but I'm still not convinced. Quadruple A at A-level is very impressive, (even considering the sniggering from society about the loss of the 'Gold standard').

Dedicated CCF member?... fine. Gliding scholarship?.... good stuff.

But these are mere small steps in the right direction. Do you seem to think this makes you instantly qualified to pitch up to flying training? I still don't see how you can suggest that:

1. The AFCO should have been more proactive in recruiting you.
2. The RAF should change its recruiting strategy.

From my previous post you can see we don't need to recruit pilots at all, the job sells itself to thousands of motivated keen-as-mustard teenagers who dream about military flying and (in the RAF's case) being an officer.... and only a few of these kids make it!

santiago15
28th Sep 2004, 15:22
"Firstly Santiago15, Quote "VERY SELECTIVE". If they are very selective then why not put the effort in to keep those that they have selected?"

Entirely my point f**cknuts. Once they've selected you, effort is very much a one way street. It comes from you!! Guys would scratch their own eyeballs out to be pilots in the RAF. Sitting at home waiting for a 'recent Cranwell graduate' to call you with your 4 A Levels makes you a worse prospect than them. Blood, sweat and tears will spank your proclaimed As.

What OASC should have done, as they frequently do to others, is told you to go away for a year or so and come back when you've grown up. You were a mis-selction!!

S15

tradewind
28th Sep 2004, 15:39
Fuzzmaster

From your perspective at the age of 17, it does appear that the RAF has no interest in holding onto you and I guess that it must be pretty upsetting.

However, one point you have failed to take on board is the investment the RAF would require of you. The RAF EXPECTS potential recruits to undertake a lengthy return of service, especially for aircrew and although it all seems a bit daunting signing on for 12 years, if you have such a healthy interest in the job, you should know that!

Another point is that why should the RAF chase you and keep you interested? As it has been said before, there are thousands of people applying for the job and I doubt whether most have just read the glossy brochure and then expected the job to come running to them - they have made a point of finding out for themselves whether it is the right job for them and used their initiative to get information about it.

Sorry if this doesn't sound too good, but I think that your opinion of what the RAF is and does is slightly different from the reality!

Angels 99
28th Sep 2004, 16:58
This isn't going to be my most elequont post thanks to a lack of time and the anger that's welling up inside me.

I speak from the perspective of a student who's only desire in life has been to be an RAF Officer and Pilot. Sadly my eyesight precludes me from the latter but from my position as a UAS groundie it's looking likely that I'll fullfill and least the former ambition. I've also been lucky enough to spend time in the back seat of Hawks and and F-15 which, combined with my PPL means I have a reasonable idea of what I enjoy.

Fuzzmaster, what you have utterly failed to comprehend is that people like me don't just 'fancy the idea' of a job as RAF aircrew, it's what we have almost lived for. It's a complete burning desire that will never be fully extinguished, I'd kill for an opportunity like you had. This is the type of drive most young guys who apply have and almost all the guys who are aircrew have (or at least had). I make no apologies for the strength of feeling expressed here or for the flaming you've recieved from others.
You simply never deserved what you were offered and it's a damn good job you bailed out before crunch time.'

whowhenwhy
28th Sep 2004, 18:09
Oh dear, it seems someone has actually listened to government propaganda and still believes in the value of A-Levels. Take it from one who has an inside knowledge of the education system, A-Levels now, aren't what they were worth 10 years ago. As you can see, no marks are deducted anymore for poor use of language, grammar, spelling and punctuation!

On a different note, have to agree with the main thrust of what almost everyone else has written. If you want to get into the forces with a Queen's Commission, then, even if you're not trying for selection as Aircrew, you have to put in 110% effort. You, as an individual, have to do the legwork. No-one will hand you anything on a plate. To be honest fuzzy, you're beginning to sound like another whinger we used to have on here called Admin Guru! You're not a relation are you?

Toddington Ted
28th Sep 2004, 19:11
:) Airborne artist, hey you certainly aren't an old fart are you, because if you are then so must I be! I have to agree with you since I too (as you know) was desperate to be a military pilot, so desperate that I joined the Senior Service to do it! I was chopped but darned glad of the chance I can tell you! The RAF will always need aircrew (let us not explore the UAV question at tne moment) and it has no shortage of those wanting to apply. The same is true to a lesser extent for RAF Police and PTIs and no, it cannot be compared with a civilian organisation (even though some would like it to be!).

16 blades
28th Sep 2004, 21:48
Fuzz,

Unfortunately, you are sadly typical of today's bone-idle self-centred teenage oxygen theives who expect everything to be handed to them on a plate, and feel that 4 A's in a rigged, impossible-to-fail excuse for an exam means that the world owes you a living.

It doesn't.

Nor will it give you one.

You are in for a big shock, whatever career you choose.

If a 12 yr commitment is too much for you, you are DEFINITELY not what we are looking for. Has it occurred to you that maybe the board had a question mark over your commitment and initiative, and left you alone for a while to see how you'd react?

Seems like RAF recruitment is working just fine to me. It weeded you out.

16B

D-IFF_ident
28th Sep 2004, 22:50
So the RAF careers office found better things to do than actively recruit the 500 or so applicants to pass through their doors in the year. How much did Fuzzball try to make contact with the RAF careers office, the nearest RAF unit, get flying on many different types using his cadet status? As I recall, the RAF didn't actively recruit me either, I had to get off my a@r5e and go get myself a place at IOT, then pass that course before I even got near an aircraft. We're trying to get rid of highly capable, experienced operators, not recruit whinging children.

For the love of all that is aviation, my blood boileth over.

Brain Potter
28th Sep 2004, 23:52
Fuzzchild,

You, quite clearly, do not have the right stuff for a career in aviation. Becoming a pilot in the RAF demands the highest levels of self-motivation and dedication. If you baulk at a 12 year commitment then we are definitely not for you - and you are not for us. However, I can assure you that for all but the lucky few, a career in civil aviation from scratch is even harder to achieve. Some guys work for 15 or 20 years+ in other jobs to fund their flying aspirations before finally getting the one job they've been dreaming about since they were a kid. You are owed nothing by anybody in this business until you have proved yourself.

I wish you success in whatever career you choose - but please don't delude yourself that you could have made it. You have shown us all that you couldn't.

Dancing Bear
29th Sep 2004, 07:03
"My commitment is to myself not to the RAF or any one else"

As has already been mentioned in this forum, the word is commitment. Although not a Light Blue man I have instructed in the Dark Blue for 20% of my 2500 hours and am quite happy to tell you young fuzzmaster that commitment in a succesful military aviator is to not only himslef but his coursemates, his instructors and also the Service within which he serves.

You sound like a spoilt youngster, typical of your generation, whom have no dedication and very short attention spans, the RAF would appear to be well rid of your precious self, still it reminds of a little joke,

"Whats the difference between a Sea Harrier FRS 2 and it's pilot?

"The FRS 2 stops whining when it's shut down!"i

fuzzmaster
29th Sep 2004, 10:04
I fear the point that i was trying to make has been lost. I know I am not suited to the RAF which is why i turned down the scholarship, so having everyone tell me that i am not is quite reassuring.
Whether you agree with my decision or not is not what I wanted to discuss, neither is whether or not I am destined to work at Mcdonalds. I know what the RAF demands and knew it was not for me.
If A-Levels are rigged and immpossible to fail why dont more people come out with good grades?
I have worked my @rse off to get what i did and gave it my all at OASC and yes i got a foot-hold in becoming a pilot, and yes in the end i did not want it enough. I would also like to say I am far from the average teenager and am most definately not bone idle. The only thing i was saying was that from my perspective it seemed that the RAF had lost interest, especially when you consider all the great offers many other students recieve. Maybe if i was older and more mature the prospect of a 16 year commitment (4 at uni then 12 in service) would not be as daunting. But like i said i was only seventeen and to any seventeen year old fours at uni seems a huge commitment let alone the next 16 years of your life.

StopStart
29th Sep 2004, 10:11
Brain Potter - if you are who I think are (can't remember the username :O ) then all I have to say to you is "Lethargic and Disinterested". Made me the man I am today ;) If you're not who I think you are then that will mean nothing to you.

Fuzz - tragic to hear the RAF shan't be securing your services. You comment that 16 years is huge commitment to any 17 year old. This may well be the case but it doesn't stop thousands of them applying every year does it?

.......move on.

AllTrimDoubt
29th Sep 2004, 10:30
Fuzz

My condolences to whichever University professor is saddled with marking your written work; poor grammar and spelling seem to be your forte. (Please note the use of "I" as opposed to "i").

No loss to HM Forces.

albert the first
29th Sep 2004, 11:20
WOW everyone is so negative.

Can everone just stop getting shot!

ATF

ps. It takes me forever to write anything on pprune as I have to keep refering to my Dictionary just in case I make a spelling mistake. People do seem to get very hung up on niff naff and triv or do I mean attention to detail:p

fuzzmaster
29th Sep 2004, 11:41
After Albert the first's point I fell that I should come clean;

After the grammitcal lesson I recieved from my first post I have endeavoured to include subtle grammatical errors in each of my subsequent posts. Personally I find it quite funny that the vast majority of comments were related to my intelligence and personality. Better still was the renouncement of the education system, I mean how could some one of my intelligence get A's? Those who have been offering me career guidance I am grateful but I think that it is a little bit sad that some were so quick to judge, may be we are not quite as sophisticated as we all like to think.

Biggus
29th Sep 2004, 14:24
fm

You felt that you couldn't 'commit' yourself to 12 years in the RAF, so you didn't join. On that basis you were quite right to do so, and both you and the RAF have been saved some heartache downstream. Flying in the RAF is much more than a hard and demanding job. Many people have already discussed the level of 'commitment' required to join and succeed in todays military. It is worth bearing in mind that anyone joining the RAF to fly can be expected, if necessary, to take actions such as turning back into a 6G fight, while outnumbered, press on through to try to reach the target etc, with the prospect of having to make THE ULTIMATE COMMITMENT while doing so! And you didn't like the idea of 12 years!!

Nuff said!

foldingwings
29th Sep 2004, 14:26
Petulent youth! I assume that Fuzzmaster relates to the fact that you have just mastered the art of shaving! Let us know when your b***s have dropped.

You've made your rather childish and weak point, failed to understand the criteria that makes military aircrew what they are and insist on responding to idle banter - in sum, even if you had persisted and OASC had scored you sufficiently to place you on the IOTC, you would have been weeded out fairly early on and certainly, from reading between the lines, post Field Leadership Camp. Ever tried a 22 km hill race with parts of a chariot on your back?

I know, I chopped many similar to you when I was given charge of the axe only a couple of years ago.

My only regret today; we can look forward to many more years of unreadable proposals from MBDA who insist in employing people who may have the noughts and ones sorted out but cannot string a coherent English sentence together. God help the procurement process.

Fuzzmaster, by the way, this is a forum for military aircrew, so since you are not, never will be and gave up on an opportunity to be one, please leave now.

Chest suitably off-loaded and now returning to my box!

D-IFF_ident
29th Sep 2004, 16:29
Congratulations on your 'coming clean', young fuzzy-one. However, having come clean, you could have stopped your subtle insertions of poor grammar; we got the point, no need to continue its use throughout your post explaining its previous employment.

I'll get me thesaurus.

FFP
29th Sep 2004, 18:43
It's quite fuuny that even after showing he's a wind up merchant, people are still giving it the old " No loss to us, by the way you spelt This wrong !!!! " reply !

Admin Guru all over again and how we laughed at all those who bit then :ok:

missileboy
29th Sep 2004, 19:46
Just thought i would say that there is no way Fuzzmaster's tale is true since I, Missileboy, have in fact just started at MBDA on the scheme he mentioned. Sadly there are only two of us on it this year. Given I have met the other there seems to be no place for the Fuzz! Oh and by the way I have a fair grasp of the English language so you can put your minds to rest that the illiterate Fuzz is not working in the defence industry.
However, having read his arguments I do find it funny how wound up some of you guys were, nice one Fuzz.:ok: :ok:

Brain Potter
29th Sep 2004, 22:06
6 munfs ago I cudnt spel Rockit Sientist. Now I are one.

The Maintainer
30th Sep 2004, 08:22
Not sure if you are a wind-up merchant or being genuine, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter. If so, why bother whinging here? What did you hope to achieve by it? If you genuinely believe that improvement could be made, you should bring it to the attention of your local AFCO or OASC - then something might (but probably won't?) be done about it. As has been mentioned in previous posts, perhaps they were testing your initiative by leaving you alone..?

At1st - you need to get your dictionary checked - it should have spotted 'everone'...;)

albert the first
30th Sep 2004, 10:30
Ah ha so you spotted my my mistake that I left as a test:rolleyes:

PhoenixDaCat
30th Sep 2004, 11:18
No wonder the CCF get a bad press within the ACO if fuzzmaster is a shining example of their output!

missileboy
30th Sep 2004, 12:03
I hate to say it but, the more you guys try and take the p1ss the funnier the Fuzzy one will find the whole thing.
I think the Fuzz has nothing to do with any of the things he/she mentioned, and I doubt he/she is even old enough to have taken A-levels.

Training Risky
30th Sep 2004, 15:25
fuzzmaster has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw diddums! (Or were you barred?)

As I responded to the Fuzz's PM to me yesterday, I thought I would post the above.:{ :{

He PM'd me to try to convince me to change my opinion on his whinging, and win over me by repeating how many A-levels he has.

There goes one very unprepared teenager into the big bad world.

buoy15
1st Oct 2004, 03:11
The Maintainer

How about your dictionary containing the word whinging?
Might be missing an "e" somewhere!

The Maintainer
1st Oct 2004, 14:46
buoy15

It's a fair cop - but then I didn't claim to be using one every time I make a post...