PDA

View Full Version : Lift needed

stiknruda
24th Sep 2004, 11:58
I need to get myself to Barton from East Anglia in the next few days - normally I'd fly or drive but as I'm collecting an aircaft to bring back both of those options are out.

Are any of you E Anglia folk planning a trip to Barton in the next week?

I could go on the train but I rather think it would be faster to walk!

Obviously I'll cost share and buy the teas!

Thanks

Stik

stiknruda
24th Sep 2004, 13:26
I love pprune!

All sorted - am to be collected from my front door on Sunday at 10H and whisked to Barton in one of Clyde's 4 seat wobbly prop machines.

Life is good!

Stik

DubTrub
24th Sep 2004, 23:01
Wot...you in a spam can?

stiknruda
25th Sep 2004, 08:18
Spam can - I have over 50 hrs in the C182! All in sub-Saharan Africa, quite a few with my dog and rifle in with me!

Anyway tomorrow's mode of transport is now apparently an Arrow up to Barton and returning in my new toy.

Stik

distaff_beancounter
25th Sep 2004, 15:56
...... and returning in my new toy. So come on Stik do tell us ..... just what is your new steed?

Sir George Cayley
25th Sep 2004, 18:04
Looking at what's for sale at Barton here are my odds;
Any takers?

Mainair Flash 100/1
Team Eurostar 50/1
Cessna 150 30/1
Piel Emeraude 25/1
Jodel 112 12/1
Taylorcraft T1 10/1
Pitts S2 5/4 FAV

200/1 bar the field

Am I right ?

Sir George Cayley

Legalapproach
25th Sep 2004, 19:24
Stik

Saw a couple of C130s in your circuit last week and assumed the new toy must be a big multi !!!

distaff_beancounter
25th Sep 2004, 21:45
Taylorcraft T1 10/1 Well, I'll have a couple of quid on this one! ;)

DubTrub
26th Sep 2004, 00:19
distaff and Sir George C

What is a Taylorcraft T1 10/1 ?

Sir George Cayley
26th Sep 2004, 15:10
G-BRXS is based on a Taylorcraft but with an O-290-D and various other mods making it aerobatic.

It has zero dihederal so looks a bit strange and is officially a Howard Special T Minus.

10/1 is my odds in a John McCurick type of way

Sir George Cayley

stiknruda
26th Sep 2004, 17:33
Well I'm genuinely flattered that so many of you are interested!

I wasn't aware that the aircraft was officialy for sale but I am now the owner of rather a unique Pitts S2A. Unique primarily as it is a factory built very late model fuselage but it happily resides on a PFA permit. This will allow me to do all the maintenance, incorporate some proven ehnancements from Experimental S2As in the States all under the auspices of the Popular Flying Association.

Didn't want to post until the aircraft had been collected. She is safely in her hangar following an eventless trip back from Barton. As a late model aeroplane with symetrical ailerons and factory spades, she certainly rolls much faster then some of the other 2As that I've aerobatted in the past.

The flight up in the Arrow was v interesting, too. The first time in over 10 years that I've flown an aircraft with more than one radio, a VOR, DME, ADF and autopilot. No GPS to slave to, but the autopilot would follow the hdg bug and that really took me back!

Legalapproach - last week there were a couple of days where RAF C130s were down amongst the weeds. I've now learned that I live in LFA09 which only shows on mil maps - but it was busy enough even early evening for me to keep from flying. No complaints - sound of freedom and all that!

Stik

Sir George Cayley
26th Sep 2004, 18:42
You've bought wisely.

'TZ has been luvvingly cared for by it's previous owner.

I'm surprised he's let it go, but bearing in mind the portents of doom regarding the hangar in which it formerly resided I suppose it was inevitable.

Hope you have many happy hours in it.

Sir George Cayley

ps 5/4 on Fav was a good call!
Distaff Counter - You owe me £2 + tax;)

Squadgy
27th Sep 2004, 07:01
Stiknruda

Glad to see you made it up ok yesterday - nice to have a first visit of an aircraft (that P28R hadn't been in to Barton before, well since our records started). Make sure you take care of GPITZ :ok:

distaff_beancounter
27th Sep 2004, 17:47
Stik Good choice - have fun with it :)
Sir George I lose again! - I never win on the gee-gees either :{

Sir George Cayley
27th Sep 2004, 18:45
Can you pm me with 43 numbers between 1 and 49 please.

I will remember you once the lottery win is in the bank.

Sir George Cayley

DubTrub
27th Sep 2004, 23:01
Not ANOTHER Pitts?:rolleyes:

formationfoto
4th Oct 2004, 09:07
Stik

Dear chap.

Allow me to refresh your memory the C310 you flew to North Weald had such equipment (granted most of the kit didnt work but they were all there!).

Looking forward to the trip and to picking up on my pittsification.