View Full Version : IPMS/BALPA

ukatco
15th Jan 2001, 02:34
Is it true that LATCC controllers are so fed up with IPMS that they are going to join BALPA?

2 six 4
15th Jan 2001, 03:08
No

5milesbaby
15th Jan 2001, 03:37
Totally not - IPMS still are the big no. ONE although there are questions about wether they are doing the right job ie. not working hard enough for us.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
15th Jan 2001, 12:38
If ONLY we had the chance......

Warped Factor
15th Jan 2001, 14:41
What difference would going to BALPA make?

The people who whinge now about IPMS would just change to whinging about BALPA. They're the ones who know the answer to every problem and who continually critisize union reps/negotiaters whilst at the same time reslolutely refusing to get actively involved in the union themselves.

I get really p*ss*d off by this sort of talk. Without a doubt we are our own worst enemies.

WF.

RogerOut
15th Jan 2001, 17:32
WF - me think you doth protest too much..

Jumping down somebodys throat because they have a different opinion may backfire in your face. (Now there is an interesting mix of metaphors). There are a few of us p*ssed off with IPMS at the moment, particularly as we are in the throes of being privatised - didn't you notice? And if someone wants to voice that opinion they're bloody well entitled to.

------------------
RogerOut
I Keep Mine Hidden

Warped Factor
15th Jan 2001, 23:21
Roger,

Of course you, or anybody else, is entitled to be unhappy about how they think IPMS are performing.

But the point I was trying to make was, do you just grumble about it on the sidelines.

Or do you try and get actively involved and then try and improve the areas which you and others may think are at fault.

It is just my opinion (and I am not actively involved in IPMS though I have been in the past) that by far the majority of atco's are far happier doing the first than they are the second.

WF.

HounslowHarry
16th Jan 2001, 00:36
To RogerOut

YOU are IPMS ATCOs'Branch
What have YOU done about being pissed off.

Feel free to post it here-i would love to see it or I understand from their website the IPMS ATCOs' branch have an email to let them know your dissatisfaction.

[email protected] do something, don't just whinge! for all our sakes.

ukatco
16th Jan 2001, 01:27
I started this thread because I heard the rumour but it seems I have touched a raw nerve. If you are not happy with IPMS then get involved and change it. Personaly I think its time to stop keeping our powder dry, its time to use our powder.