PDA

View Full Version : Airline Group

HarryBucket
4th Mar 2001, 23:26
I understand that the airline group is commited to being a "not for profit" company, but if they are successful in their bid, will ATC get extra pressure to put the Group's aircraft out ahead of their competitors and will this also apply to members of other groups eg. British Midland being part of Star Alliance?

What reassurances do we have from the Airline Group that this will not happen, if any?

Bigears
5th Mar 2001, 02:37
I have no idea if that is what they plan.
All I can say is that although giving priority to the Airline Group's flights would be wrong, running NATS for profit is worse! Safety must always come first!!
Something to chew on- What assurance is there that the other 'players' won't sell slots to airlines on a profit basis (or give priority for money)? Maybe there is an assurance- correct me if I'm wrong.

Any view expressed above is not necessarily that of my employers- although I hope it is!

slurp
5th Mar 2001, 13:23
Harry...Any group that showed peferential support to one airline or another would run the risk of the Government taking a grip of the reins ..remember it is only Part-PP ...so far..