PDA

View Full Version : Incident Data

Algirdas
19th Sep 2004, 18:41
In my travels, I often hear scuttlebutt of various accidents/incidents (minor) - which never seem to come up on the AAIB website, or if they do, not for ages. Is there any other online source for reports on such things?
Just seems silly not to be able to share what may be highly instructional experiences...... :confused:

niknak
19th Sep 2004, 21:05
I had always assumed that the reports were posted on the web site at the same time as the bi monthly bulletin is produced, along with the immediate publication of any reports that may have a more critical safety bearing, perhaps I am wrong.

I don't mean to be patronising, but I know it can seem like an age before a report is published, and the thorough investigation process has to take as long as it takes before the AIB make their conclusions.

Bearing in mind that "skuttlebut" 3rd hand and rumour reports are often worthless from a learning, or any other perspective, it's probably best to wait for the definitive information from the AIB to be published.

Squadgy
20th Sep 2004, 09:01
In my travels, I often hear scuttlebutt of various accidents/incidents (minor)

Many minor incidents don't need to be reported to the AAIB. The AAIBs webiste :

www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_avsafety/documents/page/dft_avsafety_500019.hcsp (http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_avsafety/documents/page/dft_avsafety_500019.hcsp)

explains details which incidents are reportable.

Julian
20th Sep 2004, 13:55
What about GA CHIRP?

http://www.chirp.co.uk/new/default.htm

Julian.

Sir George Cayley
20th Sep 2004, 14:03
Many minor bumps are covered by the Mandatory Occurence Reporting System. (MORS)

It's run by the CAA Safety Regulation Group's Safety Investigation Data Dept.

Have a look at www.caa.co.uk

Sir George Cayley

Algirdas
22nd Sep 2004, 17:58
Thanks for the input, all.
The reason I posted was because I learnt of a write-off accident of a syndicate craft, and was told that the syndicate leader had a concern due to hearing of several accidents involving this particular new-ish type, all presumed to be down to pilot error.... thought I'd look it up, but found nothing published. Remains to be seen if the general concern is pure scuttlebutt, but the write-off was real enough.
I haven't tried CHIRP before, just subscribed, thanks!

A