PDA

View Full Version : Good on ya Farnborough!

Aussie Andy
4th Mar 2001, 18:36
Just a quick note - being quite new to private flying (shortly to complete my PPL) I didn't previously appreciate the full range of services you guys provide.

I did my second solo cross-country yesterday from Wycome to Blackbushe, via Andover, and return. I worked Farnborough LARS from Reading to Andover and just about into Blackbushe. Was passed plenty of timely and relevant traffic information, which proved very useful!

Being new to solo cross-country flying, it is a huge boost to your confidence to know that someone is thinking of you on the ground!

Its really great that you guys provide this kind of service for Sunday flyers like me, and much appreciated - Thanks Very Much!

Andy

[edited for typos!]

------------------
"Andy sang, Andy watched, Andy waited 'til his billy boiled..." (It was written for me!)

[This message has been edited by Aussie Andy (edited 04 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Aussie Andy (edited 04 March 2001).]

Bright-Ling
4th Mar 2001, 19:17
No probs mate - that'll be £65.

Ooops, we haven't been privatised yet. Never mind, if SERCo have their way.....

As Basil Fawlty said once "A satisfied customer......we should have you stuffed!!!!!"

Aussie Andy
4th Mar 2001, 22:03
Done Deal! Its in the post... :)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
4th Mar 2001, 22:24
The SATCO's well worth a second look too....!!

BEXIL160
4th Mar 2001, 22:38
Just don't disagree with her..... Only kidding, she really is a Grand Girl, in every sense.

Bright-Ling
5th Mar 2001, 00:35
HD....you naughty boy!

Good manager, well liked and respected.

Bexil....she is indeed. Go and visit and see her coffee mug. So very true!!!

SilentHandover
5th Mar 2001, 18:11
I think i must turn up to work at the wrong Farnborough judging by these posts!!!!

p.s. Bright-Ling just how do you figure you deserve payment for this service?????????.

Ciao for now

Bright-Ling
6th Mar 2001, 20:55
SH, because.......no, can't think of anything!

Keep it up matey.....we think that you are grrrrrreat!

BTW...bet ya a fiver I know which watch WASN'T on duty that day!!

Adios Amoeba

SonicTPA
6th Mar 2001, 22:47
A Fiver...

No one's going to take that bet. And which watch will hane only one OJTI in a few months time?

Have you seen the design for the new tower - why couldn't they have gone for the hanging glass ball? It would have been much more fun, especially with a B1's eyesight.

Whoopedoo
SonicTPA

Bright-Ling
6th Mar 2001, 23:18
Sonic....

.....OK, a DRA breakfast then!!!

BTW, which watch will only have one OJTI soon>??

Legs11
7th Mar 2001, 17:33
Any jobs going at Farnboro ??

SilentHandover
7th Mar 2001, 18:20
Legs11,from what i can gather post PPP all jobs at EGLF will be going. FOREVER!

p.s. BL you are quite correct, Fowler's new watch were there doing Aussie Andy proud, and you wanna know which watch will have only one OJTI, well i would tell yah but my fish and mountain bike are very poorly. :)

Aussie Andy
7th Mar 2001, 18:43
Sorry - you guys have lost me! You all seem to be on another planet, and speaking a strange language I cannot decipher!

I'll not bother in future...

Andy :-)

Bright-Ling
7th Mar 2001, 20:08
Aussie......you must bother. Keeps people in jobs!!!

SH.....'nuff said ol' boy! How is life anyway??

Fowler, Fowler, rah rah rah!!

Who is SonicTPS then????

SonicTPA
8th Mar 2001, 01:49
Who am I? SonicTPA, (not TPS), and once you know, you'll know why.

There's not many of us at Farnborough, so it shouldn't be too difficult to work out who I am. Use the force...

May the NATS be with you.
SonicTPA
Joey for SATCO...

Bright-Ling
8th Mar 2001, 18:39
Aaagghh!!

Sorry TPA!!!!

The old eyesight is waivering!

Me thinks that I know ya now.......Are you shortly to get PAP62 at the helm???? Do you buy 75% of all DVD's made in the world??!!??

SonicTPA
9th Mar 2001, 01:13
Eyesight problems - that'll be ATSA duties for LL Approach!

I don't buy DVD's - yet! - and I certainly don't drive a BMW. But you're getting closer...

How's TC anyway - when do you start training properly?

SonicTPA

Bright-Ling
11th Mar 2001, 01:49
PROPER training!!!???

ALL training at LATCC is proper my dear chap!!!!!

See ya

[This message has been edited by Bright-Ling (edited 13 March 2001).]

SonicTPA
12th Mar 2001, 18:18
All training at Latcc is proper!? I'll have to think about that one.

No use asking Bob for help - he doesn't know either. I'd have thought you'd worked it out by now. Lateral thinking my dear chap...

SonicTPA

Bright-Ling
13th Mar 2001, 15:15
Then the car is a German one......bought last July ish????

SonicTPA
14th Mar 2001, 01:04
German car? Certainly not - I'm far too poor. You're being swayed to the dark side...

Step into the light...Any more and I'd give it away.

SonicTPA

ukatco
23rd Mar 2001, 03:35
I think sonic drives a silver spanish car.

SilentHandover
23rd Mar 2001, 18:52
Our survey says nope sorry wrong again Sonic has however been uncovered, i'll give you a clue,he has recently sat a 100hr check ride, and drives a two wheeled loony machine!

Bright-Ling
23rd Mar 2001, 19:27
Yep.......thought as much!!!!!!!!!

I see that PA7 is playing now!

Ukatco.......not sure said driver of spanish car knows what the internet is......except of course for the pics of ......!!!!

PA7
24th Mar 2001, 02:07
BL. BL(B2) correct, still no sign of a BL(G5)I'm sure when it is developed they will let you take the odd snap.

About that software...........

SonicTPA
26th Mar 2001, 00:28
Loony machine indeed. There's nothing wrong with becoming "one with nature". (As long as it's warm and dry)

Anyone wanting trips on my two wheeled "Loony Machine" please send a postcard to ...

0-60 in 4 secs, top speed 140. Any takers?

SonicTPA

Bright-Ling
26th Mar 2001, 09:50
You are havin' a laugh mate.......on 2400 metres of the black stuff maybe - public roads forget it.

There are too many nutters in Blue Focus'/Black Pug/Yellow Renoirs!!!

PA7
26th Mar 2001, 23:31
Esp the black pug........now he is a nutter

Bright-Ling
27th Mar 2001, 00:57
Yeh right........

it's the nutter in the blue Focus you should be worrying about!!

P.S. 1 x PA28 sim for sale......one carfeul owner......never been further west thans Baingstoke!

Good to see ya last week.......you two are my heros!

PA7
27th Mar 2001, 19:36
KX the sim......what can can I say!! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Aussie Andy
29th Apr 2001, 22:32
Jesus, I almost wish I hadn't posted this in the first place! What a bunch...

Anyway, if one wanted to visit you mad lot to check out what its like on your side of the mic, where do I apply?

Andy

Red Spitfire Driver
30th Apr 2001, 18:38
Hey Sonic - why not come and work at TC - gets U away from PAP, Mike (is he still there) - the fast talking welshman - and that Irish gent....Seriously, are you all off to ODI or staying in the managers office in the new tower ??

Bright-Ling
1st May 2001, 00:20
Why has this turned into the Farnborough Gay Chat page?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Cue Blue Oyster bar music.....and exit stage left!

Bright-Ling
1st May 2001, 00:25
Aussie....

...sorry...forgot to answer you in all the gaiety.

Drop me an e-mail.......and I'll let you know who to speak to.

SonicTPA
2nd May 2001, 01:14
Hey Red!

We're all staying put, waiting for our new tower - have you seen what it's going to look like?

It's quite smart, and should be up by the end of next year, along with a brand new aerodrome to go with it.

As for moving to TC, I'd prefer to keep to the 50 movements a day (excluding lars of course) - plus it means I've been able to buy my own house in the country - and I can continue to bump into posh people. David Coulthard really does have a square face, and Martin Brundle has traded his ferrari in for a maserati.

Take life easy...
SonicTPA

Red Spitfire Driver
2nd May 2001, 13:13
Cooe Bright-ling

XXX

Bright-Ling
2nd May 2001, 15:40
Coooe to you too!

B-L

See - I told you this was a gay chat page!

Wycombe
2nd May 2001, 15:47
Gay chat...????

Well, someone's camping it up on 125.25 when I call for your wonderful FIS/RIS

PS. This is intended as banter, and you guys/girls do a great job for us Southern English puddlejumpers. Hope there's no chance
that EGLF will have a Class D slapped around it one day.

Bright-Ling
2nd May 2001, 17:20
Oddly.....most WANT Class D around Farnborough - it's OK for us PPL types.... but I wouldn't like to fly my BBJ/G5 etc in that area outside CAS.

You can still fly in Class D VFR though - so wouldn't change a great deal.

As for the camping - haven't been for a while but as the weathers improving I might air the flaps, pin it down and go al fresco!

B-L

Wycombe
3rd May 2001, 19:03
B-L

I can understand why the guys actually flying in and out of EGLF would want Class D (especially on a Summer Sunday!), and yes I am aware I can route across it with a VFR clearance, but I was thinking more of what will happen at EGLK (Blackbushe), which because of it's proximity would fall within the zone (the ATZ's meet at the M3 Motorway
at present) and whether you can continue to
have a Airfield with AFISO service only within Class D Airspace??

Cheers

Aussie Andy
5th May 2001, 02:31
Thanks guys - we're coming down to see you on the 26th... Would've liked to land at Farnborough itself, but Warriors not welcome on weekends, according to Tag Aviation, so we'll get a taxi over from Blackbushe. Looking fwd to it.

Andy

Bright-Ling
7th May 2001, 18:27
Wycombe.....

re: the AFISO in Class D:

What about Fairoaks/Denham etc?! They are in Class A!

It wouldn't be the end of the world - believe me. In fact - it would even be safer for you as well as you would be in a known traffic enviroment.

There would no doubt be free flow lanes/fillets into LK as per TF et al.

Oh well.....probably never happen anyway.

Wycombe
11th May 2001, 01:21
B-L,

Yes, point taken about known traffic environment etc....not a bad thing, as
you say. Entry/exit lanes for the 'Bushe
would have to be carefully thought out,
due noise abatement to North & East
of the field etc etc.

As you say, all speculation at the mo, in
any case.

While I'm on, do you guys at EGLF still
provide Director etc. for EGVO? As they
have radar/ILS over there now, thought
that would be going RAF at some point?

Also, will EGVO take over the LARS one day?

Cheers
Hope you don't mind the questions, just
curious as a local aviator?

AlanM
11th May 2001, 11:27
There have been RAF Odiham controllers at LF for about 2 yrs or so. They were due to move a few months back when there 'new' (old RAF Wildenrath (?) watchman) radar was installed.

However, writing safety procedures has proved more involved than anyone could imagine!

Also, the controllers at Farnborough may end up doing the approach job from EGVO if the radar is removed from LF. (TAG Aviation now own the airfield and it is an MOD radar!) However, TAG Aviation are building a new tower (the old one is in the approach and doesn't meet CAA reg's!). Not sure whether they will have a radar room but it is promising to be an 'architectural landmark'!!

Complicated eh?!?!? Most want all the radar controllers in the same room, to aid co-ordination. I think that the bean counters are now the guiding force here, and the decision is about 20 pay bands above me thank god!

The RAF expressed a wish to take on the LARS, I believe, but again it may all come down to money. I hope it will remain in the area (either by LF or VO) but who knows. What with the demise of Dunsfold & Luton LARS, there isn't much around.

The obvious problem is that NATS gets very little revenue to provide the extra LARS task from the CAA, and now that Air Traffic is paid for by TAG Aviation and not the MOD standby to standby!

Give them a call, or go and visit - they'd love to see more of their 'users'.

Safe flying!