PDA

View Full Version : HIAL Selection-who is all going?

BubbahRay
3rd Mar 2001, 21:47
Hi

Who all got a letter saying they were successful with their application forms?

I gather the tests are the same as the ones done by NATS-can anyone shed some light on what these involve?

I also understand that the interviews are DIFFERENT and are done by HIAL themselves-true or not?

Thanks for any help and best of luck!

Echo Oscar
4th Mar 2001, 21:57
Bubbah,

Looks like it could only be us on this topic.... Perhaps the hotel's not that big, and they can only afford one PC??

BubbahRay
7th Mar 2001, 00:02
Yup-looks like it EO-as far as I know they have two days of selection in Inverness, so there must be quite a few going who ain't PPRUNers!

Echo Oscar
10th Mar 2001, 00:59
Maybe with over 4hrs of testing they'll not be able to do many people. Wonder how many get done at once??

BombBay
10th Mar 2001, 19:38
They didnt have the courtesy to reply to my application! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif
Still, they may have sussed the ulterior motive for wanting to go to Inverness for a couple of days! :)
I know their tests backwards if you want to drop me a line with your proper email address.

BubbahRay
12th Mar 2001, 20:55
BombBay

I'm sorry-my only other email addy contains my true ID and I'm not willing to give it out! Pleeze could you send me whatever info you have to my PPRUNE address? It would be really appreciated.

Echo Oscar

Are you going on Thursday or Friday?

Thanks

Echo Oscar
13th Mar 2001, 12:32
Thursday - pm

Echo Oscar
16th Mar 2001, 00:07
Thursday pm having just past me by in a blur, I'm now lying at home brain melted. I hate cubes and triangles......

BubbahRay
16th Mar 2001, 17:12
Yup-I don't want to see another flattened cube ever again!!

So how do you think you got on? I think I did most of the aptitude tests/motivation paper quite well apart from the cubes and diagramming (of which I didn't have time to do 11 of the questions!!)

As for the Personality Questionaires-not too sure, how much to they rely on it for selection?

I think overall I might have done OK-but there was tons more people there than I thought there would be! I think I might have been in the same group as you EO!!

Keep in touch on how you get on.

Bubbah

Echo Oscar
16th Mar 2001, 20:34
I did the cube and shape stuff first - then the 'easier' personality quiz later. I think I was second out the door!!

I thought the tests were no worse that I'd expected, having read this and other forums. Just have to wait a few weeks now for the results. Unless I get a better offer......