PDA

View Full Version : Latcc coffee mugs

daft fader
3rd Mar 2001, 01:17
Any views on the subject of the newly introduced "New Horizons" coffee mugs in the Latcc canteen? Caused much sardonic laughter on my watch especially the mission statement slogans. Were we consulted? I preferred the cups and saucers which have been swept aside for these items. They make the place look like a transport cafe(which I suppose it is in some ways)

Shazbat
3rd Mar 2001, 01:21
It'll give great satisfaction when one smashes *evil grin*

ONE ?????? *LOL*

daft fader
3rd Mar 2001, 01:23
Dear S`bat

It`ll save on the washing up!

Warped Factor
3rd Mar 2001, 01:50
I thought they were trying to save £5.7m? Wonder how much they all cost?

WF.
Creative Change ATCO :rolleyes:

AyrTC
3rd Mar 2001, 02:31
Remember
"One coffee mug can make all the difference"

Come up to ScACC were trying to introduce old horizons (We will probably get all the old rejected London cups sent up here now)
:)

375ml
3rd Mar 2001, 04:58
Cups *and* saucers?

LOL

Try "spillproof" cups courtesy Airservices Australia: we're a clumsy lot downunder

Numpo-Nigit
4th Mar 2001, 14:51
Well, I think you're all being far too cynical. I think the introduction of these items was totally appropriate. I mean, what word do you immediately think of when considering those people associated with "New Horizons"? Yes, you've got it ..... MUGS !!!

Now, who was it that told me that drinking out of these "management" mugs leaves a nasty taste in the mouth ???

DB32
4th Mar 2001, 15:46
The mugs sound like a jolly good idea to me....I wish the machines delivered sufficient fluid to fill them! I understand from my spies that the shop upstairs from the foyer will shortly be selling a fine range of New Horizons branded mugs, ties, stickers, headset knickers etc.

On a tangential subject, does anyone like the current Chicken Tikka mix? It's really very odd in my opinion and it used to be very nice a few years back.

daft fader
4th Mar 2001, 15:50
Dear db32

Has anybody ever bought anything from the shop? The only things I think it achieved was to reduce the size of the canteen and provide employment for one particularly surly person.

west country fatbloke
4th Mar 2001, 17:29
daftfader-she may be surly but not bad pins!

Hedge End Estate Agent
4th Mar 2001, 19:28
db32, I initially read your response as 'knickers'. Didn't see the word 'head-set'.

Not a bad idea though....New Horizon underware. Could have New Dawn jumpers too, and OCT surgical supports.

As for the chicken tikka mix, why not try the Anarkali ?

BEXIL160
4th Mar 2001, 22:44
Hmmmm...New Horizons underware? How about New Horizons incontinence pants? Well everybody (Operational) already takes the p**s anyway !

LoLevel
5th Mar 2001, 07:24
Along a similar theme...

The spill proof cups that 375ml (hic!) mentioned have according to urban myth been banned at one station because.....someone spilled one....all over a console!

Story goes the pressure built up so much that when it was accidentaly dropped it exploded like a grenade!

Progress

------------------
[email protected]
"The views expressed here are a personal rant and rave and in no way reflect the views of my employer/s, not even by coincidence I should imagine "

RATBOY
5th Mar 2001, 18:27
A few years ago a major U.S. ATC facility was reeputed to be replacing one keyboard/trackball assembly per month due to spillage. Seems the track balls cost the earth because they were very good and were built someplace in the UK. A proposed solution was "no spill" cups, which the prime contractor provided at a substantial cost each, but it was a lot cheaper than continually replacing the keyboard/trackballs.

Could this be true or an "urban legend"

Bright-Ling
6th Mar 2001, 21:02
As the union blurb says......

...more like "ARTIFICIAL" HORIZONS!!

Anyway, makes by Choc-o-latte look very sad when it only reaches half way. Maybe it is a ruse to make us by more coffe, thus increasing the catering company's profits and increasing the chances of me making it through the day awake!!

Just waiting to be called a "scab" for using them!!!

elandel
7th Mar 2001, 18:56
Continuing the theme.....
Has anyone read the propaganda in the entrance hall? Whats the point of it all?

BEXIL160
8th Mar 2001, 13:58
In reply:

A) NO. I'm on my way to/from work at the money earning department (the Ops room) as opposed to the money spending dept (Admin)

B) Beats me, I'm only an ATCO.

Numpo-Nigit
8th Mar 2001, 15:19
It's all down to cost effectiveness. Can't you see, it's obviously cheaper to cover the walls with propaganda than to redecorate. You cynical ATCOs just don't understand the bigger picture, however I hear what you say and I'll take it on board, etc, etc ........

WebCreator
8th Mar 2001, 15:50
In the spirit of this thread..."Come on...spill!" What's the propoganda?

Numpo-Nigit
8th Mar 2001, 21:38
The propaganda to which we refer is a series of A2-size posters extolling the virtues of "New Horizons". It is the same message as that carried by the mugs which were the initial subject of this thread. It is basically "The thoughts of Chairman Colin" and is meant to inspire us with such gems as "safety is our first priority". That sits very well with the thread about sector numbers/names, as somebody has already pointed out.

daft fader
8th Mar 2001, 22:11
The amusing thing about the posters is that they are mounted on the wall of a long and fairly narrow corridor. The only way one could read them is by walking slowly sideways like a crab. I prefer to look where I`m going which sadly does not it seems apply to our management.

Der SimMeister
8th Mar 2001, 22:52
I assume they are the same posters as we have had put up here a few weeks ago.
It is sorely tempting to grab a chinograph pencil and add our own captions to the pics :)

Kings Arms
8th Mar 2001, 23:34
Can any one please tell me what they say because whatever duty I'm on I'm more interested in the takeover/handover plus whats edible in the canteen

daft fader
9th Mar 2001, 00:24
Something edible in the canteen? An implausible but highly amusing concept. Well done.

Shazbat
9th Mar 2001, 00:26
Dearest daft fader, your last post has me in blxxdy stitches !!!!!! How wonderfully put !!!!!

Bright-Ling
9th Mar 2001, 01:04
The catering course for the staff at LATCC canteen must be the hardest course in the world - I don't think that any of them have passed it.

(The old one's are the best!)

Anyway....had a sandwich made by a Saddam Hussein lookalike the other day.

WebCreator
9th Mar 2001, 12:25
If anyone's got a digicam, we could quite easily produce a spoof version...just a thought. Daft, you ARE funny, nicely put about the crabs etc...

oldfart
12th Mar 2001, 16:12
Unfortunately our wonderful organisation appear to be an "investor in mugs", rather than an investor in people, despite all the garbage printed on the offending items.

daft fader
12th Mar 2001, 22:28
In the coffee lounge today and confusingly found the old cups and saucers had returned but the offending mugs were still in evidence.

Numpo-Nigit
12th Mar 2001, 23:53
I guess the old cups and saucers took management to an industrial tribunal alleging unfair dismissal. Knowing how good NATS are at those matters, I suppose they had to re-employ the cups and saucers.

smooth approach
12th Mar 2001, 23:57
Think yourselves lucky; join the RAF and all you get is Inspectorate of Flight Safety beer mats!!!!!!

Hydroforming Bushmaster
13th Mar 2001, 00:21
Daft and anyone else who buys all the latest gadgets from those Innovations supplements

Do you have the technology to scan in some transfers/stickers such that we could perform a limited deployment of alternatively logod mugs into the pool of standard ones?

I don't, but leave me a msg in my pigeon hole if you need a willing volunteer to join in some fun.

Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl
16th Mar 2001, 22:51
Excuse me if I've missed something here, SA, but...
IFS *BEER* mats?
Surely the venerable Institute of FS isn't encouraging *drinking* amongst aircrew?!
...or is it just an "alternative" use?
-tacc

Bright-Ling
17th Mar 2001, 00:34
Isn't it passed your bedtime sunny??

(Tee hee!)

Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl
17th Mar 2001, 21:37
Sorry grandad!

(more handbags at 20 paces)

smooth approach
18th Mar 2001, 00:47
"cool refreshment mats"?

MancBoy
19th Mar 2001, 22:01
Hey Daft!!!! I'm sure i saw you sneaking one of the top mugs into your bag!!!

I quite like the mugs (maybe it's got something to do with the paint being laced with some mind controlling drugs??)

Biggin Koksy
21st Mar 2001, 13:26
When in the LATCC canteen the other morning, I couldn't find one 'new' mug that was actually clean. Isn't it about time that NATS management 'Invested in dishwashers', or do they know that SERCO have got the contract and ATCOs will be the dishwashers during their breaks??

west country fatbloke
21st Mar 2001, 14:52
Biggin Koksy--i think you'll find that the mugs are reverting to type...after all isn't management all shiny and "efficient" on the outside but full of cr@p on the inside"!!

daft fader
21st Mar 2001, 22:24
Mancboy

Actually, nicking one of these mugs each would be quite a good idea.

1...They might be quite collectible one day and earn us some dosh which was due to us anyway.

2... If we all did that then there wouldn`t be any left, thereby solving the problem.

Mustafa Slippage
22nd Mar 2001, 02:09
daft

I really don't understand the ATC psyche which means you all slag off the mugs. I thought they were rather fetchingly patterned at first sight. On closer inspection they seem to have words in 4pt Arial on them which I can't read anyway without a magnifying glass. They are a nice size and made of china and I for one think they're a vast improvement.

In a few months time you'll regret being so rude about them as we'll all be drinking out of miniscule plastic things emblazoned with BA, Virgin and easyJet logos which we'll probably have to buy before paying for the contents!

Shazbat
23rd Mar 2001, 18:41
Mmmmmmmmmmm.....wouldn't it be nice to nick a mug, infest it with some awful virus, and pop it back in the pile :) :)

With luck it might spread throughout this ridiculous yuckspeak rubbish and get rid of it for good !

:) :) :)