PDA

View Full Version : Bkk Airport Golf Course

AVIACO
18th Sep 2004, 11:26
Reference the golf course that lies bewteen the two runways at Don Muang International in BKK, is this course strictly for airport employess, or is it a public course, or is it affiliated with an aiport hotel, or what. Anyone know?

I have always wondered over the years. Surely it must be a security risk, no matter what cetegory it falls into, and it must also rank as one of the wierdest locations in the world for a golf course.

AO

Doors to Automatic
18th Sep 2004, 11:32
It's also been known to have served as additional parking for Qantas 747s on occasions :p

BlueEagle
18th Sep 2004, 12:15
Not 100% certain about this but I think you will find that the golf course belongs to the Thai Air Force base on the opposite side to the civilian terminal. To get to the golf course I presume you would have to be able to first satisfy Thai Air Force security.

Compass Call
19th Sep 2004, 17:40
Thai Airforce Security!!!!????????

Must be something new they have introduced - never had any during my days in The Land of Smiles (Thailand).

CC

Skylion
19th Sep 2004, 17:55
Correct,- it is owned by the military and has been there a very long time. To play you have to be invited by a senior member of the Thai Air Force, so definately no public access,- even Qantas bypassed it en route to the grass at the end of the runway. There would have been real trouble if they had chewed up a green.

Left Coaster
20th Sep 2004, 03:27
Rats...It was on my list of places to play before I shuffle off this mortal coil...:{

Brenoch
21st Sep 2004, 14:54
Didn't Scandinavian Airlines park a Diesel10 on it aswell sometime mid 80:ies??