PDA

View Full Version : Irish Criminal Record Checks for Irish Pilots

cadetilean
18th Sep 2004, 06:56
Hi,

I'm an Irish pilot applying to work for an english carrier and they need a Disclosure Scotland form completed and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Gardai.

Disclosure Scotland form has been completed and paid for (why, I ask you? :rolleyes: ) Problem is the Gardai don't give them out at all. So my question is what do Irish pilots do for CRC's? And what checks do Aer Lingus, Ryanair, Aer Arann etc do for the CRC's? Lived in Ireland all my life and need this paperwork completed before I can get the job offer and make the move.

Thanks for your help,

cadetilean

niknak
18th Sep 2004, 15:33
An Irish (atco) colleague of mine submitted his through the company at the same time as the rest of us and had no problem.

My understanding is that to submit an application for processing, you have to either be employed, or have an offer of employment, and that the company will be your "sponsor", otherwise the security service will not be able to issue authority for you to have access to the pertinant areas at your home base.

I am not sure about a Disclosure of good conduct, as far as I know, the requirements of this are encompassed by the Disclosure Scotland form, again the employer should be able to verify this, but the information you have to provide on the disclosure form covers almost every evenuallity.

I suggest you take it up with the people who hopefully will be employing you soon.

cadetilean
19th Sep 2004, 06:50
Well they said to get the Disclosure Scotland form and then we'll see about the Irish side of things... No word since sending the Scotland form off so I'm not sure what happens next. I figure that since they got the Disclosure they can now tick that box as being complete.

To be honest, I'm just curious now as to what Irish carriers and pilots do!

Thanks for the reply,

Cadetilean

Old Smokey
19th Sep 2004, 06:56
cadetilean,

A suggestion from the antipodes that may be of no use, but.....I had a similar problem because the Australian Police do not issue such certificates either. Here's what I did to get around it -

(1) The police issued a written statement that there were no outstanding arrest warrants against me. (That at least proved that that I was presently 'clean'), and

(2) Obtain from the Supreme Court (or public archives) that you have not been convicted for a crime at an earlier time (That at least proved that I'd been good in the past).

Putting the two together satisfied the security agency in my new country of employment that past and present records were 'clean'.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Smokey

cadetilean
19th Sep 2004, 11:40
Yes that seems to be the best option at the moment. Thanks for the advice! Was hoping a few Irish pilots might offer an opinion but alas!

Cadetilean