PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia recruitment ?

Racing Green
17th Sep 2004, 12:05
Are they hiring at the mo and what are the chances for a 500 hour tt,UK CAA ATPL (f), IR, Perf A, Class 1 Medical, MCC holder. No type rating.

R they any other Asian carriers that would look at the above experience. Have plane ticket in hand and I am standing-by.

Cheers

Left Wing
18th Sep 2004, 08:18
Current Asian market is 4000+ TT with some jet time, any thing less than that no will even reply.

Air Asia may be interested if you have ATPL & 737-300 type

fhchiang
18th Sep 2004, 09:04
i think try...

because air asia doesn't request for any type-rating nor any hours...

they want a minimum A Malaysian Frozen -ATPL..

this shouldn't be too much problem for u

mdfun810
19th Sep 2004, 07:01
Air Asia at the moment do not except foreign pilot. F/O pay is around Usd$ 1,200 before tax. Good Luck Guys

7sex7
19th Sep 2004, 16:31
fchiang,

Dont misguide people wif ur unsure answers...!!!U better start studying for ur SPM,rather than posting as "mr know it all AVIATOR"..n by the way,fix ur eyes too....if u got any xtra time!!!

Virtual Reality
20th Sep 2004, 06:34
Well said 7sex7 !!! Sometime its very annoying and irritating with "kids" around.:uhoh:

mdfun810, are you sure AK is not taking any expat? I saw few gwuailos at KLIA few days ago and in many occasions previously in uniform wearing 4 and 2 bars.:confused:

Racing Green, I can guarantee you that you will not be accepted and never get a job if you don't try. Give it a shot and see what happen. I was informed that they are really short of pilot even all private cadets in a local flying academy are booked !!! With Transmile (a freighter company in Malaysia), you may get a chance to fly a Caravan in Borneo.

Cheers:cool:

Left Wing
20th Sep 2004, 07:15
What mdfun810 says makes sence Air Asia will not hire expats, coz FOs will get jet time and jump back to EU based airlines.

But they will look at you if get your own type rating.

fhchiang
20th Sep 2004, 09:11
hmmm...

well..

CO-PILOT

We insist on only having the best and most skilled pilots and becoming part of such an elite team is a major achievement! We demand the best from our pilots, and they have delivered - Professionally.

To be considered for a position as Co-Pilot you must meet the following requirements:

Malaysian APTL or Frozen APTL
Great commercial flying skills
Teamwork
An appreciation of total airline operations
Ability to have fun
Proactiveness in developing the airline and making this airline your airline
Hard working
Young (at heart)

CAPTAIN

We insist on only having the best and most skilled pilots and becoming part of such an elite team is a major achievement! We demand the best from our pilots, and they have delivered - Professionally.

To be considered for a position as Captain you must meet the following requirements:

Malaysian APTL
Minimum total hours of 4000 with 1000 P1 hours on aircraft weight 20, 000 kg and above
Great commercial flying skills
Teamwork
An appreciation of total airline operations
Ability to have fun
Proactiveness in developing the airline and making this airline your airline
Hard working
Young (at heart)

7sex7

i think your statment is very unfair...

... air ASia doesn't DEMAND A LOT FOR CO-PILOT...

as far as i'm concern, i would never post anything before i even read or see it before...

7SEX7 WROTE
fchiang,

Dont misguide people wif ur unsure answers...!!!U better start studying for ur SPM,rather than posting as "mr know it all AVIATOR"..n by the way,fix ur eyes too....if u got any xtra time!!!

i think u should just shut up... i'm sorry...... but.. i can't accept comments like yours..... you are being sarcastic....... and i didn't say i'm mr know it all

IS RACING GREEN ASKING FOR A CAPTIAN POSITION???? IF NOT.... I THINK I DIDN'T MISGUIDE HIM./... F/O got no hours requirement........ I APOLOGIZE IF HE ASKs for A COMMAND....

i'm just trying to help.... .. 7sex7.... hope you understand that, or you're just acting like a kid..

yyzdub
20th Sep 2004, 10:50
Plain and Simple:

Air Asia does take expats. It will cost you 29500Euro.

Transmile charges you to fly for them - something like 12000USD for the Caravan and if you've got 750hrs then you can do their jet transition program which runs a little more than 20000USD. Once completed the course you will recieve a salary.

speedtwoten
20th Sep 2004, 13:32
fhchiang,
I think what 7sex7 is correct, you just read news paper but do not known, what the fact is, yyzdub was correct, AA does have expat F/O from OZ or UK how they can be there God's know, the only way to find out go and contact them (AA):ok:

7sex7
21st Sep 2004, 07:42
VR ,SPeedtwoten-

TQ for ur support,the fact is that we are in this forum is bcos we wud like to know more than wats in their(AIRLINE) website or newspaper-n finding out we re fed with the same info by a "wannabe" who havent completed his secondary school,is really frustrating!!!We wud like to know...wats happening in the real world n NOT some FANTASY fed by fhchiang.

fhchiang,
open up ur eyes n read the comments by VR n speed.

AA does have loads of expats-mostly indonesians,n they have tons of hrs n experience in the 737-2,or some other jets.

Paying EU30k to get a job is not getting a "job' thats mo like buying a job....n I thk there is more to this deal.

fhchiang
21st Sep 2004, 12:02
ok.. sorry...... didn't know...

anyway
..7sex7

what did i do??

i was just trying to help..

if i'm wrong just say i'm wrong..

do you have to throw such sarcastic words at me?

i mean.,.,. WTF is your problem? you have any problems with me?

did you learn how to speak nicely in school???

or just an adult without manners... or should i say RUDE?

mktong
21st Sep 2004, 14:41
hey guys,
currently,im in last stage doing my multi rating add on to my commercial in the states.
a fresh commercial , instrument and multi rating within 1 0r 2 weeks, with just merely 200 hours, i acknowledge that i need to convert my FAA tickets to the Malaysian 1 when i got back.
what is the advise? i mean for the conversion and getting a job after that....i know is will be very expensive and time wasting to do the conversion... please advise and be friendly please , thank you

cal_ley
21st Sep 2004, 15:19
as far as i know you need to take the CA6(r.aids,nav,met(T),met(P),instrument,flightplaning) paper and all the technical paper(type tech,airlaw1,airlaw2,HPL,perf A)....etc.as for flying,they will require you to take up certain hour in single and twin engine before they grand you the CPL/IR ,even you have a type rating in single and twin on FAA license.try to contact MDCA or visit www.mfa.edu.my and you will get more information on the convertion.

Regards,

yyzdub
21st Sep 2004, 17:02
mmmm... that's just to convert to a CPL - I think. Most everyone is looking for ATPL theory subjects to be completed ie. Air Asia one of the better opportunities possibly for you if you're heading back to Malaysia. Best guidlines to use are JAA since Malaysia follows the JAA.

Best of Luck.

7sex7
21st Sep 2004, 17:22
yyzdub,

wat cal_ley was talking is the ATPL paper itself-CA6.the papers come from UK,as per the ol CAA syllabus.U cant do these papers in UK itself cos they hav converted to the JAA.MDCA still not following the JAA yet,n they look at the conversion cases on case to case basis.

Expect to spend about 8-12 mnths for the conversion,n loads of money too...n myb be required to attend the classes for the ATPL subjects too...

mktong
22nd Sep 2004, 00:17
cool guys.
my another concern is getting a job after the conversion....im so worried and confused after so much money in my training...
is the hiring still going on in AIR ASIA n MAS? .... they have alot of cadets... is it as long as you are a malaysian with fatpl , they will call u up for the interview , and see how u do in the interview? i knew that employment is not guaranteed if u got the licenses.... but i want to know is an interview guaranteed? at least i need a chance to impress them im a serious pilot....agree? what im worried is they wont even call me up for the interview because of my low hours.. but my motivation is high.
CHEERS!

PS, i wont really call myself a pilot unless i could land a job... i want to excersice the priveledge of a commercial pilot.
that is awesome

xstatic
22nd Sep 2004, 04:33
mktong,

from what i know AA is currently putting a temporarily stop on recruitment of co pilot. but will resume maybe in 1 month time...dont quote me.

for mas, which i just gone through, will you to have a m'sian cpl/ir with frozen atpl.

-firtsly they will screen your results (SPM,STPM..etc...)
-then MISPA ( some basic questionaire,,maths, eng, logic..personality)
-then, sim assestment, flying the F50 ( a normal circuit and EFATO)
-then, the interview(which of course you must pass all the above)
-medical
-final selection...

hope that helps...

cheers

l:ok:

mktong
22nd Sep 2004, 05:34
alright . thank you very much
Air Asia has plenty of co pilot now? how about MAS? alot of co pilot too?
im just curious why Air Asia stop the recruitment for co pilot? someone might help and explain.?

7sex7
22nd Sep 2004, 07:30
mk tong,

I wud say getting a job for the next 2yrs,based on the current growth is not a problem as long as u have Malaysian FROZEN ATPL,n ur a MALAYSIAN.Be it with MAS or AA...

MH is looking to grow their fleet,n AA is going to make some new orders come next yr.never heard any freeze on CO PILOTS intake...even if there is,its just gonna be a tempo thing-so long we dont have another SARS or alike.

MH n AA is still short of CO PILOTS n CAPTs-

get ur conversion done 1st,then u can start talking about interviews!For the low hrs bit,dont worry....most of the FO's here,be it in MH or AA is just the average 200+hrs..

Virtual Reality
22nd Sep 2004, 10:19
Hi Mktong,

1. May I relate my limited knowledge & experience with regard to FAA licence conversion. As long as you are a citizen of Malaysia, your FAA licence will not be recognised by M'sian DCA (MDCA) for the purpose of flying for hire and reward on any M'sian registered aircraft. Therefore, you have to sit for all CAA (UK) International Services papers (6 + 3) as mentioned by few guys earlier + few local technical papers such as airframe, engine etc (can't remember all ....), and of course M'sian Airlaw.

2. Post 97 (after Asian economy crisis), Govt of M'sia through Ministry of Transport through MDCA, has issued an AIC, stated that no overseas flying school will be recognised for the purpose of ab-initio training and issuing of Malaysian Licence (CPL & ATPL). The only exception was given to the Chopper Flightline School in Brisbane QLD, where the Royal M'sian Police Air Wing sent their cadets to do the ab-initio training on helicopter. That is why MAS & Air Asia have to send their cadets to MFA for the purpose of ab-initio training. This rule has not been lifted yet until today.

3. So what is the implication? Any M'sian citizen MUST obtain a written permission from MDCA if you decided to carry out your ab-initio training overseas. If you haven't got one, you better go and visit MDCA and start putting your request for this exemption.

4. If MDCA decided NOT to grant your request, your training in USA will be considered as NULL & VOID:{ :{ :{ because MDCA never recognise your training and the training school. You may have to restart your training with MFA as this is the only flying school for fixed wing recognised by MDCA at the moment (am not sure whether Langkawi flying school has received their operating permit yet). Again, this is for the purpose of issuing of M'sian licence only. You may fly in M'sia using your FAA licence but only on a US registered aircraft.

5. MDCA normally will not entertain any request for revalidation of foreign licence to M'sian licence as long as the holder is a citizen of Malaysia. May be you may rule out the option of revalidating your FAA licence.

6. Mktong, licence is a big issue, once it is sorted, then you may start looking for a job. As what have been mentioned by few other guys before, job prospect in M'sia as a commercial pilot is quite good for the next few years as long as there is no misfortune happens.

I wish you all the best and Good Luck.:cool:

mktong
22nd Sep 2004, 15:02
HOLLY ****!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

the MDCA is driving me crazy..... im a dead man

i have no idea what to do next ,
i will have my multi rating check ride later today at 3pm eastern time
stay calm please...

7sex7
22nd Sep 2004, 21:08
VR...

Good write up....I agree with you.

Some ammendments to ur points-the international services papers are (6+2) now.They have dropped HPL from it,its considered as local paper now.

MK TONG,if ur not a malaysian-forget about ur conversion!Its gonna take too long,unless ur type rated n have loads of hrs under ur belt.N nobody can guarantee u a job.N the only place you can do it now is MFA,n they are operating up to the brim!!!

If ur a malaysian,Im sure u have some ideas about the conversion process/have some idea on how the licensing works here.Or done some surveys b4 jumping on a plane to de U S A!usa

halfscaledelfection
23rd Sep 2004, 21:27
hi guys,

just pretty much went through the whole circus event.....pm me tong if u wanna know about it....

basically finished everything including my FATPL (australian) including a degree in aviation....

came back and have since sat for 11papers (CAA3 HPL AIRLAW1,2 PERFORMANCE, LOADING) and the atpl CAA6.

THen there's the flying part..............

I reckon it'll still be worth it if your ultimate aim's to be flying with the airlines......In the states or for myself outback Australia, flying bush certainly has ups n DOWNS..... I keep in touch with some frens there and in some of their cases it's 30% flying 70% farming....and 1 guy just lost his job coz he didn't wanna t/o heavy (TOO HEAVY)......... the guys with experience, do correct me if i'm wrong *wink*

mktong
23rd Sep 2004, 22:19
halfscaledelfection , thank you , please check pm

alright everyone thank you for the advises.
i really appreaciated its

im still welcome alll kind of advises.

thank you very much

im a malaysian.
thats why i need to convert my faa
:E

cumulusse
24th Sep 2004, 14:21
:cool: ktong

verrrry smart lah.........lah......lah!!!!!