View Full Version : Australian ATC Flightstrips

wesky
4th Jan 2001, 04:49
Hi i was wondering if any OZ ATC have some flightstrips lieing around that they can scan for me so i can redraw and print off to use on the SATCO/SATPAC flightsim network.
please contact me
[email protected]

karrank
4th Jan 2001, 08:31
Difficult to scan a computer screen. The strips on it are cr*p anyhow. All En-route is paper-strip free now.

------------------
"Station calling Centre, grow a head..."

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
4th Jan 2001, 13:24
Talking about OZ flight strips.. does anyone recall the game of 30 years ago where strip holders were placed side by side in a long line with every other one upside down so they all locked together.. then you inserted your finger nails in the end ones and tried to lift them?? I recall the record was held by an Oz ATCO who lifted 43, which means he was Superman! My Supervisor at the time tried it with about 30 and pulled all his finger nails off. We laughed all night!!!

Zarg
7th Jan 2001, 00:47
Heathrow Director: The year, if my memory serves me well, was 1974; the place was the ATC College in Melbourne and I was a member of the ATC Long Term Course 30 which claimed the record! We photographed the result and sent it off to Flight International, where, I believe it was later published.

Fingernails, as such, were never in it, but standing on a desk with arms above the head was!

Can't say I can remember the exact number involved in this scientificly important experiment, nor the number of cleansing ales required to lubricate the joints, but it was good for a laugh!

Not now possible with TAAATS, technology just ain't fun anymore!

Fingernails, eh? Trust the Poms to do it the hard way!!!

------------------
Be CAREFUL out there!

RTB RFN
7th Jan 2001, 02:31
and what about the largest paper plane out of Henty House onto the poor unsuspecting public of Melbourne below aaahhh those were the days.....

No.58 short term of '79

karrank
7th Jan 2001, 14:57
43 strip holders? Piece of p*ss!

Course when I was at Henty House (FSO 59/1982) we only had plastic strip holders....

I tried to annoy a particularly crotchety Center Supervisor one boring morning by making a gun out of strip holders. Rubber bands for ammo. Strip holders on their ends for targets. He put up with it for about half an hour, but instead of the expected explosion he asked me for a turn....

A sports bag full of paper helicopters was a good sight off the roof also.

------------------
"Station calling Centre, grow a head..."