PDA

View Full Version : LATCC OPen Meeting - 6/11/2001

Mr Chips
3rd Nov 2001, 16:38
Ok, I know not many people have a high opinion of these BUT there is an open meeting this Tuesday at LATCC. In light of all the rumours flying around, I think that it would make "management" take notice if we stuffed the room full of operational staff asking qyestions. I will be there - care to join me?

Questions I would like answered:
1. Is the pay date confirmed for December?
2. Are we strapped for cash?
3. Why do we get more information from rumours than our own management?
4. How much truth is there in the Private Eye story?
5. Has the Airline group takem a pension holiday?
6. If so, why weren't we told?

See you on Tueday?????????

Mr Chips
5th Nov 2001, 20:46
Tomorrow!!!!

1300 - 1400 in Room 112 at LATCC.

ZIP250
5th Nov 2001, 20:54
Mr Chips,

Any chance of a report tomorrow afetrnoon? I'm away. The NERC/TC thread seems to have died!!

Regards

Z :) :) :)

Goldfish Watcher
5th Nov 2001, 21:18
I'm also at Swanwick 2morrow afternoon so can't be there.

Looks like we're relying on you Chips old chap, for a volley of questions on our behalf and a thorough PPRuNe debriefing.

My Q to add those those already posted - why have we just bought mobile phones for the ops room when we are supposed to be moving to a swanky new centre in less than 3 months time?

Mr Chips
6th Nov 2001, 20:41
Not much to report, not much said!!! Also, not many people there - I counted ermmm no operational staff (if you were behind me and I missed you - sorry!)

December pay - will be paid before Xmas
Pensions Holiday - apparently just a rumour, BUT they are reviewing the pensions surplus. the unions are involved in negotiations....

I did raise the question of communication, and Ian Hall certainly looked as though he would take it on...

Most of the meeting was taken up with a presentation from a senior manager (Graham?) which seemed to me to be in an ancient dialect of Swahili, so I'm not really sure what he said. Upshot was:
Airline group borrowed £700m to buy us
Airline group has debt of £700m
Airline group owns NATS
NATS has debt of £700m

Mr Hall, if you are reading this - nice analogy with the house/wedding thing!

We have a charging system of RPI -x which cannot be changed, so we can't try and get more money for route charges...

I will now open the floor to questions...

ZIP250
6th Nov 2001, 21:02
Thanks Chippie

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Flybywyre
7th Nov 2001, 17:54
I arranged to get off today's spin duty 10 minutes early so that I could attend the meeting...........which was a shame really...........because it was yesterday.

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/chimp.gif

:confused: FBW