PDA

View Full Version : Biggin Hill on Sunday

AerBabe
17th Sep 2004, 07:50
Is anyone else going along to Biggin Hill on Sunday?
I'm sure there must be a suitable beer tent for a lunchtime meeting...

Genghis the Engineer
17th Sep 2004, 08:06
I'm afraid that I shall be at a seminar elsewhere to do with my non-aviation hobby of Jujitsu - but for interest, what's going on at Biggin?

G

SATCO Biggin
17th Sep 2004, 08:08
I will be there.....but working all weekend.

Have a beer for me :(

AerBabe
17th Sep 2004, 08:18
GtE - It's the Battle of Britain display.

Sorry AB but we are not advertising free for Jock Maitland.

distaff_beancounter
17th Sep 2004, 11:17
No - I am off to the BWPA 'do' at White Waltham.

I reckon joining that circuit at the same time as lots of other women drivers has got to be less scary than SATCO Biggin would be, if I try to fly a PA28 into Biggin on Sunday! :)

pbloore
17th Sep 2004, 11:38
Unfortunately I won't make this either 'cos I'm deputy dog at the Gliding club:(

One day maybe!

Sunfish
19th Sep 2004, 21:28
Saturday 18th, at the RVAC (Royal Victorian Aero Club) at 0430. Dawn 0548, Engines start 0550.

45 aircraft in line astern, we flew over the City and the Shrine of Remembrance at 1500 feet, then around the bay and home.

I was in a Seminole with my instructor and had the pleasure ofwatching some really interesting landings - warriors landing in formation three at a time!

Breakfast was followed an excellent speech by Wing Cmdr Peter Isaacson who was a pathfinder - one of 17% who survived. We also had one of "the few" with us. Overall aircrew casualty rate was 51%.

Highlight of the morning was a great handling display by Judy Pay's exquisite Mustang - 350 kts @150 feet!

Funniest thing was the two security goons in black overcoats and dark glasses guarding the British Consul.

breakscrew
21st Sep 2004, 09:41
Those of you who did not manage to get to Biggin on Sunday missed a great days flying. Excellent display and well done to SATCO Biggin. It must have been a nightmare getting everyone away at 1730!!!