PDA

View Full Version : fuel duty reclaim

rans6andrew
16th Sep 2004, 17:30
A crowd of us "invaded" France a couple of weeks ago, for the Blois Microlight Fair. We refuelled and did the flight plan bit at Headcorn (Lashendon) on the way out.

Can someone tell me how we can reclaim the duty paid on the fuel we took on board?

Where can I download the appropriate forms and where do I need to send them?

Thanks.

Andrew

stiknruda
16th Sep 2004, 18:41
Andrew - were you one of the dozen or so microlights at Abbeville on Sunday 8th?

Stik

Min Sink
16th Sep 2004, 20:46
I can't remeber where I downloaded the form from but if you PM me your email address and I'll send you the form. The address to send it to is.

HM Customs and Excise - Mineral Oil Reliefs
Dobson House
Regent Centre
Gosforth
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
NE3 3PF

Dave

bcfc
17th Sep 2004, 09:31
rans6andrew - if you PM me, I can email you the form.

It says "This form must be presented to Customs and Excise before clearance". Not that each when in the sunny South West. :rolleyes:

Pronto
17th Sep 2004, 11:29
I needed this form recently too. It's one of the few that isn't downloadable from the Customs website.

I emailed their regional contact point (locatable at http://www.hmce.gov.uk/contact/email-advice.htm). They emailed back within 24 hours to say that you can still claim the oil rebate and promising to send copies of the form which arrived within a few days. Alternatively, you could call their National Advice Service on 0845 010 9000.

stuartforrest
17th Sep 2004, 14:26
I spoke to them last week and this is the current rate you are allowed to claim back at because you need this for the form but it is impossible to find on their website.

They were actually cery helpful on the phone however.

Fuel Drawback Info
Duty from 1/10/3 28.10p per litre