PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear it for UK ATC.

deltacharlieuk
1st Nov 2001, 20:02
Hello all. Although I am an avid reader but infrequent contributor to this great site, I feel moved to add some words of praise to our great UK air traffic controllers. I am a new first officer flying in and out of Gatwick, and I've got to say, the air traffic control is second to none. Flying a domestic up to Scotland is always hassle free no matter how unbelievably busy the frequencies are.

This is not meant in any way to suggest that ATC outside the UK is any different. Its just because I experience London and the South East on a daily basis, so I'm constantly humbled by their professionalism and calmness under what is often unbelievable pressure. Even more impressive, they manage to chip in with the odd sarcastic comment!

So lets hear it for the boys and girls at ATC. We pilots do appreciate you, even though we don't always show it!!

[ 01 November 2001: Message edited by: deltacharlieuk ]

JB007
1st Nov 2001, 20:26
DCuk,

Have you tried posting in the ATC Forum ? May as well aim it directly at all ATC staff...

HIP HIP HOORAY! - oh, and here's my cheer of support!

Moler
1st Nov 2001, 21:18
Good call.

I visited Terminal control at LATCC yesterday. Very friendly and hospitable people (and of course very good looking as well) Very interesting indeed. Thanks to you all - I enjoy working with you (and your colleagues in the museum!)

Flick the switch
1st Nov 2001, 23:16
sick
are you a boy or girl? this will help me know if you are talking about me or not!! :D

Sick
2nd Nov 2001, 03:21
boy-if I read your name correctly then Im sure I was

on the trip round (c 10 yrs ago) we met a rather attractive asian girl who I had seen on TV, the female cadets thought the male controllers were, to their surprise 'very hunky' too. My interviewer for the ATCO selection was gorgeous; (she obviously reduced me to a babbling wreck as I was heartlessly cast aside as 'indecisive').

[ 02 November 2001: Message edited by: Sick ]

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
2nd Nov 2001, 12:49
Many thanks pilot friends for your comments, which are much appreciated. There's a great deal of rubbish and hot-air on the ATC forum on here but the vast majority of us try to serve you to the best of our abilities. We're totally different when we've got headsets on - well, so I'm told!!

Moler - nice to meet you and we pigged ourselves on the goodies. Very many thanks.

kennedy
2nd Nov 2001, 15:04
I'd also like to say thank the ATC in the UK for the marvelous job they do, come on, they have to put up the tired grumpy pilots trying to get back on the schedule. ( I'm usually one of those pilots) and I apologise for my bad RT discipline.

Pity the UK standard isn't applied to Europe!

Vortex what...ouch!
2nd Nov 2001, 20:40
I have to agree that ATC have been helpful in the extreme whenever I have asked for something. That is right up and down the country.

Particular thanks go to Coventry; she saved me from a rather embarrassing flight into Birmingham’s airspace one evening. Birmingham for always letting me route through the overhead and London City for the same. The list is endless.

I just hope I can be as helpful when they ask for something in return.

Cheers :)

[edited because I don't read before I post] :)

[ 02 November 2001: Message edited by: Vortex what? ]

Great Unmanaged
2nd Nov 2001, 23:47
Just the best in the world. No, I am not an ATCO but I do know class when I see it. The supporting cast is rarely thought of but brilliant anyway! :D

alosaurus
4th Nov 2001, 22:00
UK ATC = Exceptional support,thanx :)

Contact London 131.12
5th Nov 2001, 02:35
Ohhhh Thanks guys!

I'm beginning to get a warm contented feeling!!

Nice to know someone appreciates us even if our own managers don't!!!! :D :D