PDA

View Full Version : Leaving in Droves??

Shazbat
1st Mar 2001, 15:29
Heard a rumour today. 7+ ATCO's from LATCC AC going to Canada ??

Any truth in the rumour ??

Numpo-Nigit
1st Mar 2001, 20:24
For some reason, a phrase involving "frying pan" and "fire" comes to mind !!!

Not Long Now
1st Mar 2001, 22:20
Also two from TC already gone, and another imminent.

Mahaba
1st Mar 2001, 23:09
One Tower Sup from EGCC,( in post for less than two years), seems so concerned about how PPP will affect at least the aerodromes that he is leaving to start an Area course in the hope that he can get out of Airfield work. The VCR Sup has been party to a lot of management meetings and opinions in his time in situ. If this Sup is so concerned that he is prepared to change disciplines completely in the knowledge of what he has seen and heard of what is coming...should then other Airfield ATCO's beware? What would prompt such a person to take such drastic precautions? Any ideas people?

daft fader
2nd Mar 2001, 00:04
Most people were surprised when I asked about this rumour, though I have also heard that a number of latcc atcos are interested in Switzerland.

Mr Chips
2nd Mar 2001, 03:09
I know one from TC, hadn't heard anymore....

west country fatbloke
2nd Mar 2001, 20:01
Never mind eh! Not when we've such a surplus of willing workers!! :rolleyes:

Mr Chips
2nd Mar 2001, 21:08
had the runmour confirmed today - job offers and everything

Shazbat
2nd Mar 2001, 22:21
Ooooooooo Mr Chips.....please elusydait...errrrrrr.......eloocidait.....errrrrr......tell us more !!

(Goodbye Mr Chips *LOL*)

darkangel
2nd Mar 2001, 23:48
What's a Drove...? Is it some sort of boat? I don't imagine it'll be safe for them to fly there...

daft fader
3rd Mar 2001, 00:03
One colleague has admitted that resignation is imminent (monday) but wouldn`t say where he is going...rumoured however to be Canada.

Another said he was interested in Switzerland.

How long before the management notice?

Mahaba
3rd Mar 2001, 00:27
Management???????What Management?

HarryBucket
3rd Mar 2001, 16:36
grass is always greener on the other side in times like this, will these defections turn out to be a bad move for the people concerned, lets hope not. Hope it turns out okay for everone.

Mr Chips
3rd Mar 2001, 17:13
I don't know much...

My man in the know told me that some people had job offers, but would say no more. If you want to go to Canada with lanbded immigrant status, you need points. Points are given for age, language, skills etc. Out of a max possible 17, being a valid controller scores 15. (Vet scores higher. The downside - individual rosters, more hours, no CRATCOH, personal liability - you can be sacked for having an incident. Upside - less traffic, nice country, equivalent salary..

Apparently one of ours has validated in record time out there, because it ain't quite TC!!!

daft fader
3rd Mar 2001, 17:26
Hopefully those of us left behind for whatever reason might be treated better in future. (I`m an incurable optimist)

[This message has been edited by daft fader (edited 03 March 2001).]

j17
3rd Mar 2001, 23:07
MAHABA
GET ALIFE,OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NOT HEARD OF FAST TRACK PROMOTION.SPEAK TO YOUR COLLEAGUES
ABOUT THE PERSON CONCERNED, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PPP RATHER THAN FUTHERING ONES CAREER.I WOULD, AFTER SPEAKING TO OTHER TOWER ATCOS AT MAN GET THE FEELING THEY WOULD SOONER WORK FOR MIAPLC THAN SERCO

s'lick
3rd Mar 2001, 23:35
after talking to several navcanada employees who were over here last year for a few days, I would never go there. Both guys had worked 26 out of the last 28 days, most made up of COMPULSORY overtime.
A very poor union and excessive demands and sickness don't exactly make the job sound that glorious over there.

FACT - One guy over there loves his job so much he works every single day whether rostered or o/t. Think about that

Applycarbheat
4th Mar 2001, 21:13
j17.....................

Is the person from EGCC tower that you mention the same **** that is always posting about anything and always talks B******S. (along with Shazbat).

Mahaba
8th Mar 2001, 15:59
Applycarbheat....re reply to j17. In total agreement with you. J17...some of us may know more than you give us credit for. Perfectly happy with my life...thankyou very much. I was in the belief that this network was in the business of discussion of rumours and answering questions thrown open. It seems the policy of divide and conquer may be starting to work after all. Be careful people. Stick together.

Shazbat
8th Mar 2001, 16:41
Applycarbheat.....what a NICE man you seem to be.....such a shame we can't meet FACE TO FACE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering if he-who-bans-people-at-the-drop-of-a-hat has read your nice friendly posting ???????/

What about it, PPRUNE RADAR ??????

Applycarbheat
9th Mar 2001, 03:37
Shazbat..................

WE DO MEET FACE TO FACE!!

Regards
APC

PS I've noticed how anyone you consider to have the wrong opinion should be banned from posting. You really do need to grow up.

PPS I've also noticed that you assume I am a male.

[This message has been edited by Applycarbheat (edited 08 March 2001).]

BuzzLightyear
9th Mar 2001, 03:56
Happening to you now as well?

We've been training the World's ATCOs for years. Dubai, Hong Kong ...... :rolleyes:

------------------
To infinity and beyond

Shazbat
9th Mar 2001, 21:51
APC.....as you have the better of me, I cannot continue this, if only for the sake of others here.

Suffice to say you know just what I think of you.....nuff said ?????????

PPRuNe Radar
9th Mar 2001, 23:52
Why should I ban you Shazbat ?? I think people can make their own mind up about your postings ;) It's only when people get a little personal that we need to cool their heels for a little while sometimes. Which moves us nicely onto........

Applycarbheat

Shazbat is entitled to his/her opinion as are you and all other PPRuNers. But personal insults are not the way to do it. This is a good thread so let's try and keep the invective out. If you disagree with what someone says then argue the opposite point of view. Simply saying they talk bo**ocks isn't necessarily the same thing.

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Radar (edited 09 March 2001).]

beaglepup
11th Mar 2001, 01:13
Said Twr sup is like ALL Twr sups. ONLY been in situ <2yrs.

Hairy Growler
13th Mar 2001, 01:41
I thought a Drove was like a rabbit, but with smaller ears.

Coast
13th Mar 2001, 08:29
I'm in Canada (Toronto), I'd rather be elsewhere. Someone complained about -13C in Zurich, I'll take that but unfortunately my German's not up to snuff!!!