PDA

View Full Version : Conflict Alert

Bizzy
28th Feb 2001, 17:33
Just a couple of quick questions I have for soemone out there.

Has Conflict Alert been implemented into LATCC and if so, to what extent? (Southern sector only, not below 25000 feet etc)

AND!

Has Central Control Function been fully implemented?

Thank you in advance!

Bright-Ling
28th Feb 2001, 18:22
CCF?!?!?

Became TC or Terminal Control some years back my dear fellow.

Haven't seen any reference to CCF in ages.....apart of course form the old suite numbers on the sector!

Postman Pat
28th Feb 2001, 20:18
Bizzie,

Conflict Alert (also known as STCA) is in operation in both Ac and TC in all airspaces where main mode is operating (effectively everywhere) and a great bit of kit it is too)

CCF became TC and Stage Five - the much vaunted "tunnels in the sky" - was buried long ago. Maybe they couldn't find a suitable mole. The TC part of the operation has expanded to accommodate the growth which stage five was meant to be for by resectorisation.

PP

Bizzy
1st Mar 2001, 00:52
Thanks..

It's just that I have Initial tests soon (Gulp!), and the motivation questions are drawn from a brochure sent with the usual pack, and it still mentions CCF!! (Was re-printed in 1995!)

G-BJOP
1st Mar 2001, 02:45
Good Grief Bizzy!

Either you are a bit of a closet spotter or I am a jammy toad, as you seem to know about 1000 times more than I did about CCF (as was) and I got through the initial tests OK about 2 weeks ago!

Don't panic!! It sounds like you already know the booklets inside out and that's REALLY all you're expected to know at this stage. It's not a trick.

Save the nasty questions for the next stage once you get through the tests.

Good luck,
G-BJOP