PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock A320 and stand 37 become one???

DUBXH
14th Sep 2004, 22:20
Can anyone clarify what actually happened to the EI 320 and stand 37 last Sunday night (the 12th) in DUB.....
Rumor has it that the A/C crashed into the jetway...

Anyone ?

st patrick
14th Sep 2004, 22:57
HAVENT HEARD OF ANY A/C (OR CREW!) BEING OUT OF SERVICE`, THEN AGAIN I ONLY FLY THE THINGS SO WOULD PROBABLY BE THE LAST TO KNOW!! I HAVE TO SAY THAT ON A FEW OCCASIONS IT HAS FELT LIKE I HAVE CRASHED INTO THE AIRBRIDGE, BUT THEN I HAVE ALWAYS CHECKED THAT THE PARKING BRAKE HAS BEEN SET SO THEREFORE IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN "THEY" WHO HAVE HIT ME!

jordie
15th Sep 2004, 19:00
Hey heard about this from an aer rianta staff member who was in the area at the time and had to do maintance on the bridge later that night.

As far as I know there was no one hurt and it was just a minor collison.

Jordie

Carpathia
16th Sep 2004, 10:20
Not too surprising, some of the airbridge drivers in DUB are a bit overly "enthusiastic" in mating bridge with aircraft.

Flame
16th Sep 2004, 14:25
Aircrfat was in service the next day, all Ok it was a very Minor incident..EI-CVC

apaddyinuk
22nd Sep 2004, 14:06
Well its no surprise when you consider that the people who bridge the EI aircraft in Dublin are the boarding customer service agents instead of the dispatchers or engineers that most other airilnes and agents use!!! I know this cos i was one for a few years and yeah...a lot of them seemed to get a kick out of "hitting" the plane!!!

Lord_Flashhart
22nd Sep 2004, 19:24
My dear chap

A plane is something used for treating wood.

LF

Tony Flynn
22nd Sep 2004, 19:45
I can feel an FU coming...........:eek: