PDA

View Full Version : NATS Forum

b.w.k
31st Oct 2001, 15:10
Some of most active topics at the moment in the ATC forum involve NATS. The December Pay debate has degenerated into a public shooting match. At times like this we really need a NATS forum. At least then we would know that the opinions and thoughts – even the snipes – being generated were from within and not from someone outside NATS that just wants to create mischief.

Many of us react to extreme views from people that do not have the right to give an opinion, then the argument looses validity and degenerates. I do not give a monkeys how much they pay in Eurocontrol or how much T&RE they get for a liaison visit, and I would not dream of passing a comment if there was a debate running on their conditions.

All we are doing at the moment by continuing the debate in public, and therefore allowing non-NATS staff to stir, is giving the rest of the industry entertainment.

Roll on the NATS forum please……….

160to4DME
31st Oct 2001, 17:21
Hear Hear :cool:

PPRuNe Radar
31st Oct 2001, 23:02
The NATS Forum is currently still under discussion with the PPRuNe big cheeses. There are some concerns they have, some of which were raised on the other thread. I'll post a resume on the other thread with the pros and cons which have appeared so far. At the end of the day the decision will remain with those that pay for the site.

In my opinion, which is only that of one person, the need for a Forum to discuss some company specific issues is high. We certainly do seem to attract some bandwagon jumpers from time to time who like throwing big rocks in pools ;)

Once the guys at the top make their decision I'll let you know.