PDA

View Full Version : Types of ATC?

egll 28r
31st Oct 2001, 01:40
No not Radar Control, RA, RI etc but the feel of it! Without being too earnest, as there is too much of that at the moment - Maybe there are 4 basic modes. Lightwieght Mode/By the book Mode/elegant Mode/Survival Mode

Lightweight mode - hardly any traffic - time for banter with the drivers and a decent chat to the side

By the book mode -fairly busy but not feeling too enthused, curry not sitting well and not feeling too chatty yet having to call 3 times and repeat everything twice.

Elegant Mode - busy but enthused and time enough to plan the whole strategy, liase and let them go direct BAMES and sneak around and up over others- lots of pleasure in planning good climbs decents and it all working beautifully. Time to smile.

Survival Mode - too busy and the console/RT is playing up and you are bandboxed in TC OCK/WILLOW. Sharp RT, leave the outbounds at 4, 5 or 6thousand, leave the inbounds to Goodwood at FL130 while you concentrate on the hairy bits in the middle. Springbok out of LL lumbering into the midst. Farnborough letting one off (so to speak), then that nice gentleman calls up wanting to come up into the TMA and release humans over Goodwood and then --"No not direct Alderney I said OLNEY"! No time to swear.

- are there any other modes????? (EG mode - -"I'm off..........")
(NERC Mode "Where am I - who is Number one - I am not a number I am a sector")

Any offers??

5milesbaby
1st Nov 2001, 03:47
On-the-Edge Mode - just got back from 2 weeks in paradise, and sat in traffic for an hour on the 25. First shift back is a Saturday afternoon, and its summer. You have done it before, so the dentist is pre-warned about the enamel replacement needed on the Monday, and knows you so well, your already booked in for 9am.

Training Mode - after 16 hours sat infront of new equipment you're ready to go live, the first sh*t hits the fan when a sudden reality bite tells you they are real, and they need routings, they like separation, you HAVE to make those phonecalls, not just hint at them, paper helicopters are no longer entertaining. Fingers WILL touch the radar (who's going to be the first to be told once we're active, and what will the response be????) and coffee on night shifts IS A MUST, and will not remain outside awaiting a clearance.

French Mode - they are getting closer, SLING THEM TO LONDON.

Maastricht Mode - they are getting closer, SLING THEM TO MAASTRICHT!! :D :D (just for TT)

Lon More
2nd Nov 2001, 02:56
5milesbaby:Sling them to Maastricht

TT modeF*ck it , give it to Hannover, they've got nothing ;) ;)

karrank
2nd Nov 2001, 13:29
Zombie-mode
After 6 hours of solo night-shift, spent drinking tea and reading old magazines, the edges of the screen start to wake up.... :eek:

Gnash-mode
While every body else on the night-shift is drinking tea and reading old magazines you are working complicated, busy traffic at a time your brain would rather be doing other things (like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) :o