PDA

View Full Version : Dinner in Yorks .....

karanou
13th Sep 2004, 17:31
Does anyone know of somewhere nice to dine within walking distance from airfield in Yorks/Lincs???

Pub lunch type place would be ideal

Thanks

K:ok:

niknak
13th Sep 2004, 18:24
They used to serve a mean bacon buttie at Bagby, N Yorks, but I don't suppose that's exactly what you are after.

Probably your best bet is to decide which airfield you want to go to and ring the operator, most of them are within spitting distance of a good place to eat.

Perhaps it's something that Pooleys and the like would care to include as an addition to the airfield facilities, I'm not suggesting that they should have a Michelin rating, but a good local reputation counts for a lot.

DB6
13th Sep 2004, 19:39
Sherburn has a decent bar/restaurant and does a good sunday lunch.

Negative 'G'
14th Sep 2004, 19:52
Theres only one place I'd recommend & thats a Lovely quiet pub called the "Sands House" situated near the Rwy25 Threshold at Huddersfield (Crossland Moor), literally less than 5 mins walk away from the parking spot.

I Fly to there quite regular & the food is excellent, whilst served in nice surroundings with an extensive menu all at very reasonable prices, then once your stuffed why not sit out in the Beer garden & watch the planes come & go :D

Honestly try it, you won't be dissapointed.

Neg G:D