PDA

View Full Version : Nerc on schedule!!!

expediter
26th Oct 2001, 21:23
Is it finally going to happen, or is there something we should all know about? Anyone?

250 kts
26th Oct 2001, 21:51
Well come on expediter, whet do you think? You're involved in OCT, have you seen or heard anything lately that suggests it won't happen-'cos I haven't.

It appears there is now a fairly viable ATC system, not perfect by any means. I reckon the only thing that can really get in the way is if TAG fail to pay salaries/pensions Etc. between now & 27/01/2002.

Numpo-Nigit
26th Oct 2001, 22:34
Interesting title for the topic -

"NERC on schedule!!!"

Remind me. How many years ago did it become operational then??

Bewli-Begto
26th Oct 2001, 23:05
Looks like it is finally going to happen! The OCT is still progressing with (dare I say) relatively few problems and no-one at NERC seems to be under any impression that it won`t happen in January. For each person that doesn`t want it to open on time, there is one who does want it to. Can I be really contraversial here and suggest that it will be good for it to go ahead in January so that we can all settle down into our new environment and get our working (and personal) lives back on track and hopefully have some new and more interesting subjects to talk about in the coffee lounge? (Bet this one stirs up a hornet`s nest!!!). Cheers, BB!

expediter
26th Oct 2001, 23:55
My only concerns are that the amount of time allocated to modules E and F may be insufficent. I have concerns as to whether the time allocated is enough to make the more junior ATCO's,(no disrespect to them) capable of doing all the planner duties! After all, the planner is more or less under taking the CSC role!! :eek:

5milesbaby
27th Oct 2001, 00:10
expeditor, in response as a 'more junior ATCO', it seems we're getting to grips far more easily than many others. As we haven't had time to get 'lived in' feelings with Latcc, our ability to cope with change is far greater than the chiefs using a computer to co-ordinate. However, I do agree that getting a radar controller to cope with the planner role is very difficult, the lesser your experience, but its just the next step in what still seems to be an ongoing training program that has lasted 4 years so far (starting from day 1 at the college). Its much easier for us just to keep 'plodding on' and learn as we go.

Learn by your mistakes, just hope they aren't big ones!!!! ;)

expediter
27th Oct 2001, 00:17
5milesbaby

I appreciate what you say, but its not the sort of occupation to learn by your mistakes. Management should ensure that this is not the case! :rolleyes:

Goldfish Watcher
11th Nov 2001, 21:20
It's the perfect job to learn by your mistakes!!!!

If you don't learn from them - you'll just keep on making them........

Unless of course you are suggesting that you never make mistakes, and therefore have nothing to learn?....?

Spoonbill
12th Nov 2001, 00:21
I think what Expiditer means by "on schedule" is in the same context that an airline flight is "on schedule".
I.E.
"We are pleased to announce that NERC will land on time in 6 months"
followed by
"We regret to announce a delay to the arrival of NERC, this is due to ATC delays at LATCC, and the expected time of arrival is 9 - 12 months, on behalf of the owners we apologise for this delay and any inconvenience it may cause"
and
"This announcement is for those of you expecting the arrival of NERC. We regret to announce that this project has been delayed for unforseen operational reasons. Please report to Aviation House for a complimentary
slip of paper allowing you a temporary transfer to the North Sea wings"
:p

Wee Jock
15th Nov 2001, 01:47
Arriving in the wrong millenium is pretty late, really.

:eek: ;) :eek: ;)

Undercover
15th Nov 2001, 14:00
well it happened to Gary Barlow... ;)

Hobbes_the_Tiger
16th Nov 2001, 05:25
"NERC on schedule"...yeah all pigs lined up and ready to roll!

Cynical? Moi?

Undercover
16th Nov 2001, 12:08
Does NERC have a contingency plan for Flying Pig airspace, should the need arise?

I sense another training module coming on...

:p

Hobbes_the_Tiger
18th Nov 2001, 05:37
Don't even mention another training course or they will all start whining about how much money they are getting to do it!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :D