PDA

View Full Version : To Manchester and Birmingham Controllers -Thanks!

Smoke me a kipper
25th Oct 2001, 23:27
Thanks to everyone who showed me round and answered my questions on Monday afternoon at Brum and on Wednesday at Manchester.

I got lots of useful info. and I hope it showed at my interview! :)

Thanks Again!
;)

JONATHAN PEARSON
29th Oct 2001, 11:41
Hi "smoke me a kipper"
Could you help me out??? :confused:
I have been asked to sit the "ATC" selection exams later this month!!
I am unable to find any info/pass papers on the subjects they could ask!!!
Do you have any info or possible websites to visit that could help me pass the exams!! :eek:
Thanks in advance.
SB1089 :p

Smoke me a kipper
30th Oct 2001, 23:31
Have a read of this:
http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000640

Basically your day is split into 4 parts: Talk with an ATCO + a Video (watch the video, not a talk with it!), Personality Test, Motivation and Interest Paper(I think thats what it's called!) and Aptitude Tests.

The talk with the ATCO is very informative. Try to have lots of questions to ask. They will be very helpful and will answer questions frankly, to give you an honest view of the training, job, highs and lows!

The Personality Test is 300 questions/statements and you have to grade whether you agree, disagree or are unsure. Just be honest if you try to put what you think they want to see, you will get muddled with your answers and look silly, as the questions are repeated in different forms.

The Motivation/Interest Paper is basically a test on the booklet you were sent. Make sure you know the booklet well and you will have no problems, use common sense with questions you are unsure of.

The Aptitude tests are quite difficult. Don't dwell on questions you are unsure of the answer to. The time passes very quickly but don't worry if you don't finish. I didn't!. The worst test is the spatial awareness, you can't really do much to prepare but if you can, get an Self Test your Aptitude book so you can see the type of tests they use and familiarise yourself with the types of questions and doing them at pace!

Personally, my advice to anyone doing the tests is just to learn the booklet and as much as you can about ATC. Most of the initial stage is about testing your aptitudes, and particular skills which cannot be gained in a short space of time, knowing the booklet is about as much as you can change about yourself!

Hope this is of some help!