PDA

View Full Version : Visitors to LHR ATC???

Lurk R
18th Oct 2000, 04:25
Always assumed the answer to be in the negative but have always been told never to assume anything either. But for what it's worth - I'm travelling from Australia next week for business and will be staying over the road from the airport from Oct 22-28. Have had a long time fascination with all aspects of ATC and was wondering whether visits to the ATC facility in any forms are entertained at all? An ATC "cockpit visit" if you like!

No problems if it doesn't happen - just thought I'd ask.

Cheers, Lurk

ATCO Two
18th Oct 2000, 18:43
Hi Lurk R,

E-mail on its way.

Metman
18th Oct 2000, 20:04
Just thought I'd ask a similar question from a different perspective....

I'm an instructor at Slough Air Cadets, and was wondering if it would be possible to visit (with cadets http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif ) either ATC at LHR, or West Drayton. Can anyone supply any info?

Cheers,

Metman.

[This message has been edited by Metman (edited 18 October 2000).]

Warped Factor
19th Oct 2000, 02:31
Metman,

Drop me an e-mail and I'll get you details for who to conact at LATCC for a visit.

There's an Air Cadet Squadron based at LATCC as well, can't remember their number though.

WF.

U B Nadd
22nd Oct 2000, 06:02
WF et al

Its painted on the main gate. You should see it when you next turn up for work if your eyes are switched on.

And bye the bye - the ATC for Heathrow is done from LATCC now, and has been for some years. Apart from Local that is.

Warped Factor
22nd Oct 2000, 14:39
U B Nadd,

Thanks for that, will try to make sure I'm more observant next time :rolleyes:

WF.

HounslowHarry
27th Oct 2000, 03:45
You certainly have BeeN ADD.
Don't you mean, U B, that SOME of the ATC is done from LATCC West Drayton.
The proper stuff, you know the aeroplanes, - well sometimes you have to look out the window! and I don't mean from 3 Miles away.

Don't give the bean counters any more bad ideas.

It's a team effort and people will find Heathrow Tower a fascinating visit.