PDA

View Full Version : Orange County take offs

yintsinmerite
9th Sep 2004, 16:37
I am not sure this fits into the drop after take of question so I will start afresh.

A colleague and I have just been discussing the sensation of being SLF while taking off from Orange County airport. In my case, the last time I did this was about 4 years ago in a 757. We were warned by the Captain of the unusual noise reduction procedures and he wasn't kidding. It was a cloudy day and very shortly (like seconds) after becoming airborne towards the sea, we disappeared into the cloud. The sensations were of a very steep climb for maybe 20 seconds followed a feeling as if we were falling backwards which I took to be a power reduction, but of course, I may be 110% wrong. Most odd, and quite unlike any take off that I have had before and since.

Can anyone tell me what the procedures are ?

Paracab
9th Sep 2004, 16:53
This Link Might Help (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90774&highlight=orange+county+take+off)

Knew I'd seen this subject before !

yintsinmerite
10th Sep 2004, 09:04
Thanks for the link guys

Best ride I have ever had in a commercial aircraft!! :ok:

batninth
14th Sep 2004, 21:37
yintsinmerite - I agree. Did it a few years ago and was great fun plus the views on the way out are fantastic.

Sat next to the "cool blonde" - blonde, shorts, tanned legs and sunglasses. Didn't say a word until about 15 mins after the climb when she turned to me and said shakily "You know - I don't like flying...and I really don't like flying out of there!".

Mind you staying at what was the Hilton hotel and watching the appproaching a/c was quite fun too as they seem to come in betwene the buildings (most likely not, but it seems like it)