PDA

View Full Version : translation help

avelino
9th Sep 2004, 00:38
How you guys doing, just a quick question. Can someone translate how to say " just a dream away" in italian. I need the correct spelling also please. Thanks in advance for any responses, It's for something really important so I do appreciate anyone who is willing to help me out.

Thanks again

KillingTime
9th Sep 2004, 01:11
I'll suspend my lurking to try to answer that.

"Just a dream away' can be translated literally in Italian: "lontano solo un sogno", but because you have not provided the context there is a serious risk that the translation will not make any sense to whoever you want to say it (a woman, right? :rolleyes: ).

If what you mean is something akin to "Our life together is only a dream away", then a good translation would be "La nostra vita assieme e' lontana solo un sogno", which sounds nice but does not make much sense, since in Italian, as in English, a dream is just a dream, something not real and in most cases unreachable.

Aw, I'm not helping much, am I? What about some context?

avelino
10th Sep 2004, 22:44
someone close to me died and I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of that. thanks for the help so would the first thing you wrote make sense for what I mean,

thanks